Review Eyes Wide Shut (1999)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
rweger.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

A New York City doctor, who is married to an art curator, pushes himself on a harrowing and dangerous night-long odyssey of sexual and moral discovery after his wife admits that she once almost cheated on him.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Kubrick’s “Eyes Wide Shut” Gets A Doco

kubricks-eyes-wide-shut-gets-a-doco-696x464.jpg

If you were a fan of Rodney Ascher’s “Room 237,” with its intricate examination of Stanley Kubrick’s “The Shining,” then you’ll be pleased to hear that a new documentary is in the works that explores Kubrick’s final film – the underrated and misunderstood “Eyes Wide Shut”.

The 1999 feature stars Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman as a married couple whose frustrations spill over into him going on a psychological journey into a night of orgies and sexual frustration. Both critics and audiences were divided on the film, but it has grown a strong following with its semi-hallucinogenic quality.

Tony Zierra (“Filmworker”) will helm the project, titled “SK13,” which offers an inside look at the making of “Eyes Wide Shut” and says the appeal is that it is the one film of Kubrick’s that people are still divided on:

“The one movie that I feel is the wrinkle in Kubrick’s filmography is Eyes Wide Shut. The people that love him always say, ‘He’s a genius, but I’m not sure what the hell that movie was about.'”

No release date for the documentary has been announced as yet.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I have watched this movie once, and I learned that I wasn't the intended audience. I shouldn't be so caustic in my appraisal of the film, but I have heard people try to tell me how I'm in the wrong for disliking it, and it doesn't resonate with me.

But then, I believe that Plan 9 From Outer Space is an unmitigated classic. So there's that.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I have watched this movie once, and I learned that I wasn't the intended audience. I shouldn't be so caustic in my appraisal of the film, but I have heard people try to tell me how I'm in the wrong for disliking it, and it doesn't resonate with me.

But then, I believe that Plan 9 From Outer Space is an unmitigated classic. So there's that.
There's nothing wrong with liking or disliking something, mate...

It's called personal taste.

If we all had identical tastes, what fun would that be?

And I doubt I would share your opinion on P9FOS - although it might make an interesting PIN.

Doctor Omega

The first time I saw Eyes Wide Shut on vhs, many years ago, my reaction was like.... Umm, okay. What the heck was that?

I have seen it twice again, more recently and found it very absorbing the second time - and a lot more sinister than the first time.

The third time, I started wondering what it was about the film that had now made me watch it again.

It seems to be one of those films that casts a spell on those susceptible to it.

Part of the fun of it may be that it is actually either the Emperor's New Clothes (A load of empty rubbish) or a masterpiece (a multi-layered work of genius and great depth, that I haven't fully comprehended yet.).

Is there even a third option of it being somewhere in the middle? :emoji_confused:

Doctor Omega

The good news is that I have found the 1969 movie adapation of the same novel for comparison..... :emoji_alien:

The bad news is that there are no English subtitles.... :emoji_confused:

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

And now, being easily guiled, I find myself wondering if the theories of it being an exposure of the illuminati are correct.

This guy believes that it exposes Bob Hope of all people in this scene....

Which, if it were anyone other than Kubrick, one might dismiss.

But digging a little, I found this.....

51DGMM73ERL._SX365_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Brice Taylor is a valiant survivor of trauma-based mind control, having endured a lifetime of high-tech slavery. Her extraordinary book, Thanks for the Memories: The Memoirs of Bob Hope's and Henry Kissinger's Mind-Controlled Sex Slave, is an autobiography which documents her abuse at the hands of celebrity perpetrators and government officials. Her book can be read for free by doing a search on google with the keywords "the truth has set me free pdf."

And then I wondered about the fact that Kubrick died so soon after EYES WIDE SHUT was released.

Yes, I have officially fallen down the rabbit hole. :emoji_confused:

But is it BULLSHIT... OR NOT?

Amazon_Women_On_the_Moon_21.jpg

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

None of the ROAD TO movies are ever gonna look the same after this!

If any of it is true, that is........ :emoji_confused:

My assumption, also, was that Bob Hope passed away before EYES WIDE SHUT, but he, of course, did not. He passed away in 2003, a few years after it's release.

Tom Hanks introduces a remembrance of 14-time Oscar® host Bob Hope at the 76th Academy Awards in 2004.

Doctor Omega

At the end of the day, the final product is the thing.

Stanley Kubrick knew what he wanted and was going to get it.

Doctor Omega

The movie was filmed in a building that was once owned by the Rothschilds......

It's all illuminati or something...

And this guy is supposed to have taken part in ceremonies like the one in the film...

Or something....

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

The REAL Eyes Wide Shut

Eyes Wide Shut was not the movie Kubrick intended audiences to see. The studio cut 24 minutes from the film, and just few days later, the legendary filmmaker was dead. What was in those 24 minutes? And what happens at the REAL masked parties? Join me as we infiltrate the bizarre hidden world of the Satanic elite!