Fun Film & TV Soundtracks

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
IS PARIS BURNING

A lesser known war film. starring Charles Boyer, that did not do spectacularly at the box office, but I think this track is lovely and this is probably the best version of it. T

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

I understand that Harlan Ellison considered it underrated, even at the time, so you are not alone. It is one of those films that I will have to sit down and watch properly myself.

filmfan95

Member: Rank 3
I understand that Harlan Ellison considered it underrated, even at the time, so you are not alone. It is one of those films that I will have to sit down and watch properly myself.
It's really good if you've actually read the original Oz books by L. Frank Baum. I went into it (I believe I was in seventh grade), thinking I would be getting a lame MGM Oz spin-off, instead I got a dark, more serious, and more faithful to the books movie (it's a combination of the second and third books).

elanor

They will never make the majority of top ten lists, but what film scores - or even individual tracks - from a relatively overlooked or obscure film score would you hold up as worthy of a listen?
Obscure soundtracks I often hear:
Proof - Stephen Warbeck
Faith/The Great Doctor - Oh Joon-sung
Asoka - Anu Malik
King Arthur - Hans Zimmer
Prince of Persia - Harry Gregson-Williams
Life as a House - Mark Isham
Dragon Tiger Gate - Kenji Kawai
BiChunMoo - Seong-jun Kim
Bahubali - M. M. Keeravani

Last edited:

Towasi

Member: Rank 1

1984 (Nineteen Eighty Four) Blu-ray special feature Isolated Score Track by Eurythmics [22 minutes]

Dark, disturbing, unsettling, understated, and haunting movie and music.

Doctor Omega

O Lucky Man Soundtrack by Alan Price...

Two songs from the above soundtrack, from the film starring Malcolm McDowell.

Last edited:

elanor

Since one is allowed only 5 embedded media, I add the examples for the last four soundtracks here and add one of my other favourites soundtracks.
Life as a House - Mark Isham
Dragon Tiger Gate - Kenji Kawai
BiChunMoo - Seong-jun Kim(this one is probably the most obscure, there are only two pieces of the 20 pieces OST on youtube)
Bahubali - M. M. Keeravani
Urumi - Deepak Dev

filmfan95

The score for Young Sherlock Holmes is pretty good. I seriously wish that movie was canon with the original Arthur Conan Doyle's books, but the very first story (A Study in Scarlet) prevents that from being a thing. Sad, because this feels like a very plausible origin story.

Doctor Omega

The score for Young Sherlock Holmes is pretty good. I seriously wish that movie was canon with the original Arthur Conan Doyle's books, but the very first story (A Study in Scarlet) prevents that from being a thing. Sad, because this feels like a very plausible origin story.

Last edited: