Fun Film & TV Soundtracks

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
DRACULA by Philip Glass & the Kronos Quartet

Phillip Glass did a score in recent years for the largely music-free DRACULA (1931).

I do not think it succeeds as a score to that film, because it seems an ill fit, imo, not really being needed a lot of the time, and I am not sure if the eeriness of the film is actually aided by a deliberate silence.

But I do think it kind of works in terms of being a musical composition in it's own right.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Glass' score is brilliant, but I watched the movie once with the score, and hated it. The music is very good, but the movie works better mostly soundless. It enhances the gothic atmosphere of the film, whereas the score, I think, takes away from it.

Doctor Omega

ThinkstockPhotos-477455399.jpg

From tv show or film theme tunes to....

Well, anything that wasn't a tv show or film theme tune,, but still appealed to your inner geek!

What was the music that shaped you?

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Some albums became sacred!

I really liked the LEISURE HIVE track....

I had it on the above album, but can only find it on the twentieth anniversary album, where it has the addition of a "Tardis intro"

But that's okay.....

Doctor Omega

The Very Best of Bernard Herrmann (1911-1975)

Forget the track list, just embark on the journey. And this could be one of the most exquisite and satisfying musical experiences of your life.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Star Trek: The Motion Picture - The Cloud

Love this one. Whatever else one can say about the movie, I think Goldsmith definitely delivered - and papered over a lot of the weaknesses.

And as heard in the film......