Spoilers Game of Thrones (2011)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
“Game of Thrones” S7 Won’t Dawdle

game-of-thrones-s7-wont-dawdle.jpg

HBO’s popular fantasy series “Game of Thrones” returns soon with a truncated season of seven episodes as opposed to the regular ten.

With thirteen episodes of the series overall to go, there’s no more breathing room or dawdling. With many of the supporting players wiped out and situations coming to a head, things are going to get intense.

Speaking with Entertainment Weekly, Jon Snow himself actor Kit Harington says:

“This season is really different than any other season because it’s accelerating toward the end, a lot of stuff collides and happens much much quicker than you’re used to seeing on Thrones … it’s so different than what everybody is used to. It’s quite exciting.”

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, who plays Jamie Lannister, was also surprised at the pace:

“I’m like, ‘Already? Now?! What?!’ I feel like I’d been lulled into a different pace. Everything happened quicker than I’m used to … a lot of things that normally take a season now take one episode.”

Showrunners Dan Weiss and David Benioff told the mag that the increased speed is an organic move and with the groundwork laid earlier in the story, they now can move faster:

Weiss: “Things are moving faster because in the world of these characters the war that they’ve been waiting for is upon them. The conflicts that have been building the past six years are upon them and those facts give them a sense of urgency that makes [the characters] move faster.”

Benioff: “For a long time we’ve been talking about ‘the wars to come.’ Well, that war is pretty much here. So it’s really about trying to find a way to make the storytelling work without feeling like we’re rushing it — you still want to give characters their due, and pretty much all the characters that are now left are all important characters. Even the ones who might have started out as relatively minor characters have become significant in their own right.”

“Game of Thrones” season 7 premieres on HBO on July 16th.

Doctor Omega

The “Game of Thrones” Full S7 Trailer

the-game-of-thrones-s7-trailer-696x464.jpg

After the official poster yesterday, HBO has now premiered the full trailer for the upcoming seventh season of its epic fantasy series “Game of Thrones”.

With enemies on all sides of her, Queen Cersei vows to stop them all as Daenerys finally arrives on Westeros and the army of the dead in the North start moving south.

The seven new episodes of the series kick off July 16th.

Doctor Omega

‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 will be the shortest season in the series

game-of-thrones-season-7.jpg

If you were worried about Game of Thrones overstaying its welcome in the last two seasons, worry no more. This week, sources confirmed to Entertainment Weekly that the eighth and final season of the HBO drama will consist of just six episodes, presumably wrapping up the epic tale in a month and half.

With seven episodes in the seventh season and six in the eighth, the series will conclude with 73 total episodes, which EW says has long been the plan of showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss. The two are currently in the process of writing those final episodes while season 7 is in post-production.

While many fans of the show wouldn’t have minded if Benioff and Weiss decided to milk the series for all it was worth, there’s clearly only so much story left to tell. Dozens of major characters have already been killed off, and between the Great War and the White Walkers, countless others will surely be picked off before the end of the seventh season. But maybe we’ll at least get an extended two-hour finale.

Doctor Omega

“Game of Thrones” Regulars Get More Screentime

game-of-thrones-regulars-get-more-screentime-696x464.jpg

Despite the upcoming seventh season of HBO’s big-budget fantasy feature being reduced to just seven episodes, many of the key regulars in the series are finding themselves with a much larger share of character time than they’ve been used to in recent years.

Emilia Clarke revealed that: “When I first read this season I thought: ‘Damn, I gotta learn some lines!’. We’re actually filming longer now. I don’t know how that’s happening.” Peter Dinklage similarly addeD: “I’ve worked more days this season than I have in quite some time.”

There’s an obvious answer though – last year’s wiping out of many side characters and the natural convergence of storylines is seeing the scope of the project becoming smaller. Showrunner Dan Weiss says:

“You kill a couple dozen characters, the people who are left by default need to carry more dramatic weight…

As the worlds start to converge the characters who haven’t met each other before start to meet each other and there are more main characters together in each other’s storylines than ever before.

Every since Tyrion crossed the Narrow Sea and met Dany that’s been the general direction. And having them on set together is a real privilege for us.”

The seventh season of “Game of Thrones” debuts July 16th on HBO.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Only thing I hate about GOT was I got addicted to it. I bought it on VUDU and watched the first season since it was a 30 or 40 percent off the season. Now, I own on VUDU all the seasons, since I don't have HBO. I'm hoping on getting a app on my system so I can watch it when it starts up again.

Great show! I like the white walkers, their horses, the white walker kids, dragons, never dull to watch.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
It is indeed an awesome show.
But damn, they are milking it out. They could have made a longer last season, but no, two short seasons.

TheSowIsMine

VIP
The wait between seasons is always very long. And now with the shorter seasons, its even longer.

Doctor Omega

Final “Game of Thrones” May Not Hit Until 2019

final-game-of-thrones-may-not-hit-until-2019-696x464.jpg

With the penultimate seventh season of HBO’s fantasy epic “Game of Thrones” kicking off next month, HBO programming president Casey Bloys sat down with EW this week to talk about the franchise’s future.

The big revelation is that the final six-episode eighth season is a while off with Bloys confirming the new episodes may not air until 2019:

“They [showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss] have to write the episodes and figure out the production schedule. We’ll have a better sense of that once they get further into the writing.

That hasn’t stopped him talking up the scale of these new episodes:

“I don’t want to oversell, but I can’t imagine anybody being disappointed in this season. It’s amazing. I hesitate to call them ‘movies,’ that sounds a bit grand. But one of the hallmarks of the show has been how cinematic is it. The show has proven that TV is every bit as impressive and in many cases moreso, than film.

What they’re doing is monumental. When you see these battles in season 7, and what I imagine season 8 will be, it’s a big, big show. We’ve done a lot of great shows, but this one combines the complex characters we love with a huge cinematic scope. I think this is the first show to prove that can be done – and we’re the first people to pay for it.”

Bloys is more hesitant about discussing potential prequel spin-off series and indicates there are no plans to proceed with them for some time:

“I want to temper the expectation on the prequels. We want to focus on season 7 and 8. If any of these [prequel] scripts come to pass, you’re not going to see anything air anytime close to the season 8 finale.

I wanted to make sure fans know this is a really embryonic process. I haven’t even seen outlines. In the press at large, everybody said, ‘there are four spinoffs’ and they assume that means each one is happening and we’re going to have a new Game of Thrones show per quarter.

That’s not what’s going on. The idea is not to do four shows. The bar set by [Benioff and Weiss] is so high that my hope is to get one show that lives up to it. Also, this is a long-term plan.

There’s enough material to … contemplate making different prequels … George has all these histories he’s thought about and that’s one reason why the books are so good… If you only developed one, everything would rest on that one shot.

It’s such a special show. I want to make sure that [any prequel] feels worthy. We have some amazing writers who want to take a shot at this. They’re also looking at different times in the universe and all will have different feels. This increases our odds of finding one that’s unique.

At this point, everything is on the table. The idea is to find a series. It would be nice to find something that has the legs this one did. But if something works better as a limited series, sure.”

“Game of Thrones” returns on July 16th.

Arrogant Demon

Member: Rank 1
Is it possible Grey Worm was never castrated even though he is Unsullied? Maybe a slaver felt sorry for him and didn't castrate him? I doubt it, but in the trailers Missandei and he are embracing. And the scene where Missandei is bathing and Grey Worm is watching her.

OK, probably not, maybe it's just wishful thinking because I like those two as a couple.

Doctor Omega

Extended Episodes For “Thrones” Final Season?

extended-episodes-for-thrones-final-season-696x464.jpg

The first “Game of Thrones” fan convention, dubbed “Con of Thrones,” wrapped this evening in Nashville just several weeks ahead of the big-budget fantasy show’s return on July 16th.

We know the upcoming seventh season will consist of seven episodes with one running just 50 minutes, three running 59 minutes, one running 63 minutes, one running 71 minutes, and the finale clocking in at a feature-length 81 minutes – the longest episode to date. The extra runtime adds up to the equivalent of eight standard episodes of the show.

Vanity Fair reports that one of the attendees on the panels was series sound designer Paula Fairfield who has been with the series since the start of the third season. It appears she dropped the most interesting revelation – that they’re currently considering having each of the six episodes of the eighth season clocking in at that 80+ minute runtime.

Should that estimate hold once production and edits are done, it would see the final season clocking in at the equivalent of nearly nine standard episodes – one shy of a regular season.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Watched the 1st episode at 3am, glad for site that shows tv/movies I can't get. This season is looking to be great. Glad dragon queen got her empty, castle back. Funny, to see the Stark going after all those who turned against the family.

Didn't care for the Ed whatever his name is scene. Thought they lingered around to much on that one.

What's going to happen now that one of the male Stark sons is at Castle Black?
Does he become king, and take away Snow's seat?

What is the secret about John Snow's birth?
Could he be a bastard Lannister, and a younger brother said to slay the queen?????

TheSowIsMine

VIP
You mean Ed the singer dude? If so, I agree.

The season started out nice.
I really enjoy the tension between Jon and Sansa.