Spoilers Game of Thrones (2011)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
No “Game of Thrones” S8 Until Mid-Late 2019?

multiple-thrones-endings-to-be-filmed-696x464.jpg

Those hoping to see the eighth and final season of HBO’s “Game of Thrones” early next year are likely to be disappointed.

Series visual effects supervisor Joe Bauer gave an interview with The Huffington Postthis week and revealed he and his team are only beginning to work on the eighth and final season right now, nearly a year after filming began on the season which wrapped filming last month. On top of that, the FX team they are scheduled to work on the series until May next year and will have some crossover with the upcoming prequel spin-off series:

“In two years we’ll be eligible [for Emmys] for the Season 8 work, which we’re just beginning now. We’re going to be toiling away on season 8 until May of 2019, so it’s eight or nine months away…But the prequel is starting to shoot in February, at least the pilot. So we’ll still have quite a lot to do on season 8 when they’re beginning.”

The Emmy Awards have a cut off date for eligibility on May 31st of each year. By his comments, it means the earliest the series could go to air is May next year. However the more likely scenario is HBO holding off until after the deadline, say well into the Summer like the seventh season did, so the entire eighth season can go for one last awards push in 2020.

Bauer also teased the ending to these last six episodes and how it wraps up the storyline, and from the sounds of it the ending is going to be fitting in with the rest of the show – but will still take some risks:

“I thought [the ending] was really brave. I thought it’d be interesting to see. It’s very true to what Thrones is, and knowing how it ends, I don’t actually see how it could end any other way….looking at it objectively, I think the way it ends is the way it must end, so I’m just going to leave it at that.”

The seventh season aired its season finale a year ago this week.

Doctor Omega

“Thrones” Author Didn’t Want Series End

martin-offers-updates-on-thrones-series-696x464.jpg

HBO’s “Game of Thrones” recently wrapped filming on its final episode ever, with the eighth and final season set to debut next year on the cabler.

However, had author and show producer George R. R. Martin had his way he would’ve have had it keep going for years to come. Speaking with Variety on the Primetime Emmys red carpet on Monday, Martin says the decision was ultimately one of showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss:

“We could’ve gone 11, 12, 13 seasons. David and Dan have been saying for like five seasons that seven seasons is all they would go. We got them to go to eight but not any more than that. There was a period like five years ago when they were saying seven seasons and I was saying 10 seasons and they won, they’re the ones actually working on it. I know all of the actors, as great as they are, all the actors are anxious to get on and play other roles. They don’t want to spend their entire lives playing one role and that’s fine, that’s great, we had such an amazing cast.”

“Game of Thrones” is up for best drama series at the Emmys tonight along with nearly two dozen other awards. The final season is expected to return mid-2019.

Doctor Omega

Turner: “Thrones” Finale Will Divide Fans

turner-thrones-finale-will-divide-fans-696x464.jpg

Filming has wrapped on the eighth and final season of HBO’s “Game of Thrones” and while we’re still nearly a year away from airing, the show’s ending has once again been discussed in an interview.

Several of the actors have hinted that the show ends on a bold note, doing something that might not necessarily please some fans. Actress Sophie Turner, who plays Sansa Stark, continues that sentiment and tells IGN the finale will likely divide fans. Talking about her reaction to the eighth season’s script she says:

“A lot of tears. I think, you know, as an actor it was really satisfying – I think for everyone, everyone’s storylines – to be able to act out the way that it all ends. It was really satisfying for us. Who knows if it will be satisfying for the fans. I think a lot of fans will be disappointed and a lot of fans will be over the moon, I think. I think it will be really interesting to see people’s reactions, but for me reading the script it was just like heartbreaking to read at the very final page of the script it just says, ‘End of Game of Thrones”. That was really emotional.”

Turner will next be seen in “X-Men: Dark Phoenix” when it releases February 14th, while the final season of “Game of Thrones” is expected to air next Summer.

Doctor Omega

“Game of Thrones” S8 Used Drone Killers

game-of-thrones-s8-used-drone-killers-696x464.jpg

Those involved in the production of the eighth and final season of HBO’s “Game of Thrones” went to great lengths to keep as much as they could secret.

In fact, their measures went beyond fake names, limited scripts and fake filming. Speaking with Vulture at New York Comic-Con the other week, actress Sophie Turner revealed that the production employed a device usually reserved for governments and security forces – ‘drone killers’.

Drones have become a serious issue for major film productions as paparazzi and amateurs try to sneak a peek at filming. Drone killers are a device that emits a signal that jams the radio frequencies of commercial drones – disabling that drone’s control and forcing it back to Earth. People are less inclined to sneak a peek when their expensive toy suddenly falls and smashes to pieces:

“If a drone flies above sets, there’s a thing that can kill the drones, which is really cool. I don’t know how it does it. It creates like this field around and the drones just drop. It’s very X-Men.

Also, we shoot fake scenes. We got into costume in Croatia because we know the paparazzi lurk around there, so we would spend like half a day doing nothing.”

Turner also reveals that she and Maisie Williams, her onscreen sister, often have sleepovers every night when they’re shooting and would “sit there and eat and watch stupid videos and smoke weed”. The final season of ‘Thrones’ is expected to debut mid-2019.

Doctor Omega

I haven't even seen season five yet and everyone's talking about season eight!!!
JB

I keep finding that with things too. I fizzled out of watching Gotham early in season one. Now I am thinking about rejoining it and it is somehow incredibly on Season five, with little to no hope of me catching up. :emoji_disappointed:

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
No problem keeping up with Gotham as it's usually been available on the channels we have but Thrones is one of those shows that you can only get if you subscribe to SKY and I stopped doing that silly thing way back in 2010!
JB

Doctor Omega

HBO Chief Has Seen Final “Thrones” Episodes

hbo-chief-has-seen-final-thrones-episodes-696x464.jpg

HBO chief Richard Plepler attended the network’s post-Golden Globes party on Sunday night where he revealed he’s been privileged to see something few have at this point – the rough cuts of all six episodes of the final season of “Game of Thrones”.

Speaking with Variety about them and showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, Plepler says: “It’s a spectacle. The guys have done six movies. The reaction I had while watching them was, ‘I’m watching a movie’. They knew the bar was high. They’ve exceeded the bar. I’ve watched them twice without any CGI and I’m in awe. Everybody’s in for an extraordinary treat of storytelling and of magical, magical production.”

While the final season is shorter than previous ones, the new episodes are said to clock in at runtimes of around 80-90 minutes each as opposed to the show’s usual 50-60 minute runtimes. HBO unveiled the first footage of the season on Sunday in a brief clip, while a first trailer is expected in the next few weeks.

Doctor Omega

HBO Teaser: “Game of Thrones” Final Season

Said to run six feature-length episodes, the new season kicks off on April 14th and runs through until the finale airing likely on May 19th.

Doctor Omega

“Game of Thrones” S8 Episode Lengths?

martin-talks-thrones-prequel-series-timeline-696x464.jpg

An apparent report from a meeting of a group of TV networks in France has allegedly revealed the runtimes of the six final episodes of HBO’s “Game of Thrones”

Premiere magazine, via EW, reported the news from an Orange Cinema Series presentation about the upcoming eighth and final season. The magazine claims the first two episodes are around 60 minutes each while the last two are around 80 minutes each.

Premiere states this hasn’t been confirmed, saying: “the exact length of each episode has yet to be announced by HBO, OCS just gave us a more precise idea.”

johnnybear

I thought I'd read that Jon Snow died in the series? (I'm still watching season five) so he has survived? Maybe best I don't know...
JB

Doctor Omega

Game of Thrones
HBO has released twenty character posters for the eighth and final season of “Game of Thrones”. Each portait is of a key character who has managed to survive Westeros up to the point of the start of this final season. Whether they’ll make it through the remaining six episodes is unclear. ‘Thrones’ returns April 14th with the first of its final six episodes, the series finale to air mid-late May.

https://imgur.com/a/Ka0nJzE#eGKuwbg

johnnybear

I've watched all seven seasons now and it was great! The dead have destroyed the wall with their Dragon cadaver and the last shows are gonna be fantastic! Hopefully I'll be able to see them on a SKY channel rather than wait for some guy to lend them to me in about two years!
JB

Doctor Omega

“Thrones” Star On Her Near Death Health Scares

thrones-star-on-her-near-death-health-scares-696x464.jpg

The Khaleesi herself, actress Emilia Clarke, has penned an essay for The New Yorkerdetailing how she almost died twice due to a health crisis she never expected whilst filming the early seasons of HBO’s “Game of Thrones”.

A then 24-year-old Clarke, to relieve stress, would work out and one morning in a gym she became “violently, voluminously ill” whilst “shooting, stabbing, constricting pain” was mounting. Paramedics soon arrived and rushed her to hospital where it was revealed she suffered a type of aneurysm – a subarachnoid hemorrhage – and she was a lucky one with one-third of those who get it die immediately or soon thereafter.

She underwent three-hour emergency surgery and then experienced aphasia, speaking only in gibberish, which passed. For a few years, no major health issues arose beyond some fatigue until 2013 when filming on the third season ended and doctors found a mass in her brain that required surgery.

The surgery for that failed with her waking up and screaming in pain and near death so they had to go in again, this time operating through her skull. Recovery took some time but in the years she says she has “healed beyond my most unreasonable hopes. I am now at a hundred percent”.

Clarke has also started a new charity, called SameYou, which she is now promoting to shed light on the medical issues that plagued her and others like her.

Clarke will be seen in the final season of “Game of Thrones” when it returns April 14th.