Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
0000.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman's selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy.

Last edited:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I've dreamed of a film like this since I was first old enough to read DC comics as a child, but for some reason, I feel absolutely nothing when I look at this line-up of some of my all-time favourite superheros. Perhaps it's because most of them are nearly unrecognizable when compared to their comic book counterparts - or their TV cartoon counterparts either for that matter.

What the fuck is wrong with modern day filmmakers? At what point did they come to the conclusion that they're smart enough to reinvent the wheel? Because I've got bad news for these idiotic twats - they hardly ever are. :emoji_angry:

Hux

Member: Rank 6
I wanna like it but my spidey sense is tingling.

So far, the only film that looks genuinely promising is Wonder Woman.

Gavin

VIP
I'm not keen on DC's habit of pairing trailers with pop songs. It makes it impossible to tell what the mood of the movie is. Suicide Squad was a classic example. 1st trailer with "I Started a Joke" was all moody, then the 2nd trailer came out with "Bohemian Rhapsody" and was much more jokey even though it mostly used the same scenes with just a couple of additions.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
There are some really cool moments in this trailer. Some funny lines, and some decent action. Snyder's constant switching back and forth between slo-mo and fast forward is getting really old, and I'm sick of dark looking super hero films. I really want to like this film, but I also really wanted to like BVS, and, um, yeah.

Still, Gal Gadot is gorgeous.

Doctor Omega

“Justice League” Overhauled In Reshoots?

NEm0aHRjtqWVqm_1_b.jpg

Every major blockbuster undergoes reshoots, it’s part of the process, and these reshoots can last anywhere from a few days to a few weeks.

When they make headlines though isn’t in regards to them taking place, so much as when said reshoots turn into seriously extensive overhauls – when the additional photography expands from beyond pick up shots and additional scenes to complete reworkings of entire acts.

That’s why when rumors of “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story” getting up to 40% of its content redone, when “Fantastic Four” and “World War Z” had their last acts completely reworked, or when “Suicide Squad” sees a complete tonal change implemented after a trailer reaction – that is serious.

So comes an unconfirmed report today on Splash Report (via Slashfilm) that in the 17 months between the start of principal photography and the release, Zack Snyder’s “Justice League” will have been effectively “remade…twice”.

Their source claims that since the film wrapped production in October, it has been subject to on-the-spot rewrites (in part with the help of Ben Affleck) and reshoots through the Spring with Warners having already “completely overhauled” the movie.

This would partly explain the delays in the start of production of “Aquaman”. On top of this, they say more reshoots are scheduled for later this Summer.

How true is the report? Yes, reshoots for “Justice League” will happen, but how extensive they were isn’t certain. Warners has made it quite clear they plan to be more careful with this film after the critical failure of the DCEU films to date – especially ‘Dawn of Justice’.

This is still a speculative rumor at this point only. That said, the outlet was the one that broke the story of the “Rogue One” reshoots which did end up being true – Lucasfilm handling it the right way by being upfront about them (albeit in measured and carefully worded responses).

As both “Rogue One” and “World War Z” proved, reshoots can certainly improve a troubled film if handled the right way and there’s no shame in reworking something if it’s not going right.

Update: The Wrap reports that multiple studio insiders have denied the report that “Justice League” has undergone massive reshoots:

“There has been no additional photography to date on ‘Justice League,’ we have planned and will shoot additional pickups early summer. Additional photography has always been planned like most pictures in general but certainly for a tentpole of ‘Justice League’s’ size and scope.”

We’ll all find out for ourselves if it works when “Justice League” hits in November.

Doctor Omega

Snyder Exits “Justice League” After Tragedy

zack-snyder.jpg

In a stunning turn of events due to a family tragedy, Joss Whedon has come onboard to finish Zack Snyder’s “Justice League” film at Warner Bros. Pictures.

THR reports that Snyder is stepping away from the currently in post-production project and all other work he’s involved with at this time following the sudden suicide of the filmmaker’s 20-year-old daughter Autumn Snyder in March.

Her death had been kept private even as the movie was put on a two-week break for the Snyders to deal with the immediate aftermath. Snyder’s wife, Deborah Snyder, who is a producer on “Justice League,” is also taking a break to focus on the healing of their family. In the interview, Zack Snyder says:

“In my mind, I thought it was a cathartic thing to go back to work, to just bury myself and see if that was way through it. The demands of this job are pretty intense. It is all consuming. And in the last two months, I’ve come to the realization …I’ve decided to take a step back from the movie to be with my family, be with my kids, who really need me. They are all having a hard time. I’m having a hard time.”

The studio floated the possibility of pushing back the release date of the movie, but the Snyders decided against that suggestion. Warners has also extended Snyder’s first-look deal to give him time to work on other planned projects when he returns.

After a test screening, Snyder brought Whedon on board to write some additional scenes. But as Snyder prepared for the additional filming in the UK, he realised he had to stay home. Whedon will now shepherd the movie through post-production and the filming of these additional scenes. Sndyer has already planned those scenes out and so Whedon will follow the template Snyder has set.

The film very much remains Snyder’s project and Snyder is already anticipating what some trollish DC comics fans are going to say:

“I thought it would just be in the family, a private matter, our private sorrow that we would deal with. When it became obvious that I need to take a break, I knew there would be narratives created on the internet. They’ll do what they do. The truth it…I’m past caring about that kind of thing now.

I want the movie to be amazing and I’m a fan, but that all pales pretty quickly in comparison. I know the fans are going to be worried about the movie but there are seven other kids that need me. In the end, it’s just a movie. It’s a great movie. But it’s just a movie.”

At present, the movie is still on track for its November 17th release date.

Gavin

VIP
Not been a big fan of Snyder's interpretation of DC so far but what an awful reason for him to have to drop out. Joss Whedon is a good choice to take over, even just for post-production. He's demonstrated an affinity for ensemble cast superhero movie. Interestingly it would be interesting to see a true joint production between Whedon and Snyder. Snyder creates some truly great visuals but appears to struggle with straightforward storytelling whereas story and dialogue are where Whedon shines.

Doctor Omega

Justice League: Joss Whedon Was Involved Prior to Snyder’s Departure

Zack_Snyder-625x352.jpg

It turns out Joss Whedon was involved with Justice League prior to the tragic events that led to director Zack Snyder's departure. It was initially believed that Whedon had come to Warner Bros. to only write and direct the upcoming Batgirl production, but producer Charles Roven has confirmed he has been aiding Snyder during the post-production phase. Despite the upcoming reshoots and Snyder’s departure, Justice League is still on track for its November 2017 release date. The film will feature Batman (Ben Affleck), Superman (Henry Cavill), Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), The Flash (Ezra Miller), Aquaman (Jason Mamoa) and Cyborg (Ray Fisher) as the titular superhero team fighting against the forces of Darkseid.

Zack Snyder has been an integral part of the DC Extended Universe since he directed 2013’s Man of Steel – the film that laid the groundwork for a shared universe that was then further explored in Snyder’s Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice in 2016. Snyder also directed Justice League, though he stepped down recently to grieve the death of his daughter, Autumn. Joss Whedon, the former Avengers director, has since stepped up to finish post-production on Justice League. The extent of Whedon’s involvement, however, has been unclear until now.

At the Los Angeles premiere of Wonder Woman, DCEU producer Charles Roven told Variety that Whedon was already involved with Justice League before Snyder announced his departure:

“We’re excited about the film, of course, but we were saddened by the events that caused Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder to have to leave and turn the reins over to Joss Whedon. He was already working with us on some of the scenes for that additional photography that we’re going to be doing shortly. It was fortunate that Zack convinced him, and he agreed to step in and finish the movie – to help Zack finish his vision. We’re excited about that.”

It’s been reported that Whedon was merely sanding down the rough edges and working on dialogue for the Justice League re-shoots, which he was going to direct. However, it seems that Snyder brought Whedon in well in advance of his departure to work on the script. The re-shoots are said to be minor, which is common for big-budget blockbusters like these. While Warner Bros. and Whedon himself have stated that he is only going to fulfill Zack Snyder’s vision for the film, there is still the lingering question of Justice League 2 and the DCEU’s future, which we likely see more fresh blood brought in and a greater emphasis on the role Geoff Johns has as president of DC Entertainment, to godfather the creative direction of these franchises.

Initially, Snyder was expected to direct both the first and second Justice League movies one after the other. However, last year it was reported that Snyder would instead be directing his stalled war drama, The Last Photograph, after Justice League, before potentially returning to helm the second Justice League installment. It has also been reported that WB is prioritizing DCEU projects like The Batman, ahead of Justice League 2, so there should be all the more time now for Snyder to take a break from the DCEU before returning for Justice League 2 – should he so decide to, down the line.

Doctor Omega

Superman Lives In “Justice League” Promo Tie-Ins

superman-lives-in-justice-league-promo-tie-ins-696x464.jpg

Once “Wonder Woman” opens this week, attention at Warner Bros. Pictures and DC will turn to their next big comics-to-film adaptation – “Justice League”.

Golden Link Europe has premiered the first look at their upcoming concession stand merchandise product line for the film with a bunch of art including Henry Cavill’s Man of Steel amidst the five other characters in all the material released thus far.

With the exception of the first cast photo, Superman has been absent from all promo material for the film – his return from the grave following ‘Dawn of Justice’ is a major plot point within the movie.

In related news, “Wonder Woman” director Patty Jenkins says that we can expect Wonder Woman’s invisible jet to become a part of the DCEU in the future:

“The invisible jet is very important and ultimately we have to have the invisible jet. That’s a very big part of Wonder Woman.”

“Wonder Woman” opens on Friday, “Justice League” hits in November.

Doctor Omega

New “League” Photo As “Wonder” Breaks Record

new-league-photo-as-wonder-breaks-record-696x464.jpg

Warner Bros. Pictures has debuted a new photo from Zack Snyder’s upcoming “Justice League” film, the shot showing Batman (Ben Affleck), Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), and The Flash (Ezra Miller) all together.

Describing his character, Miller tells EW: “He’s this really endearing, altruistic nerd. He’s the 13-year-old Metallica fan, and Metallica says, ‘We lost our drummer in a freak accident. We need you to play drums, bro!’ I don’t even have drumsticks!”

The shot comes as Patty Jenkins’ “Wonder Woman” achieves a remarkable record – thanks to the word of mouth on the film, it has managed to have the best ‘hold’ of any superhero film in more than fifteen years at the North American box office. In a period where films usually taper off quickly, especially this Summer, ‘Wonder’ is proving a long-lasting exception.

For superhero films (and most tentpoles), a good multiple (‘opening weekend’ x ‘multiple’ = ‘total gross’) is 2.5-3. The higher the multiple, the better the word of mouth. “Wonder Woman” currently stands at 3.6, just ahead of “Spider-Man 2” on the same multiple, the first “Guardians of the Galaxy” (3.5) and “The Dark Knight” (3.4).

Still going strong in its seventh week, the film is now assured of topping out at $390 million or more domestically and will soon pass “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2” ($385.8 million) in North America to become the top summer earner. The film is also destined to become the studio’s third-biggest movie domestically and is about to pass the final “Harry Potter” film in the next week or so.

“Wonder Woman” is in cinemas now. “Justice League” opens November 10th.

Doctor Omega

Second Trailer: “Justice League”

second-trailer-justice-league-696x464.jpg

Following last year’s Comic Con sneak peek, and the still being played first trailer released back in March, Warner Bros. Pictures has now unveiled a extended four-minute second trailer for Zack Snyder’s “Justice League” film.

The clip boasts plenty of Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot), finally shows us a bit of the villain Steppenwolf (Ciaran Hinds), more of the winged aerotrooper army of Apokolips, Commissioner Gordon (J.K. Simmons), Queen Hippolyta (Connie Nielsen), Alfred Pennyworth (Jeremy Irons) and a hint of Superman (Henry Cavill).

During the panel, Ben Affleck shot down recent rumors of his departure from the role of Batman saying: “Let me be very clear. I am the luckiest guy in the world. Batman is the coolest f–king part in any universe. I’m so thrilled to do it…. I would be a fucking ape for Matt Reeves. I’m so excited to be the Batman. It’s a great time for DC.”

“Justice League” opens in cinemas on November 17th.

Doctor Omega

Details On Extensive “Justice League” Reshoots

details-on-extensive-justice-league-reshoots-696x464.jpg

Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Films are reportedly spending approximately $25 million on extensive reshoots of “Justice League” that have gone on for roughly two months in London and Los Angeles so far says multiple sources for Variety.

That’s much more substantial than the usual $6-10 million and 2-3 weeks spent on regular additional photography. A big part of the issue here is reportedly the competing schedules of the film’s stars which are prolonging the filming.

Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot reportedly aren’t working on any other projects at the moment which has allowed them to be on call, but Ezra Miller’s commitment to the “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them” sequel and Henry Cavill’s to “Mission: Impossible 6” is proving a problem.

‘Beasts’ is a Warners film so adjusting scheduling hasn’t been as difficult as it could be, though Miller’s more extensive role is proving an issue. Cavill’s is a problem because he had expected he would be able to finish shooting ‘Mission’ before returning as Superman. That hasn’t happened so he’s had to jump between productions.

Additionally, because of the moustache he grew for his character in ‘Mission’ and his contract which doesn’t allow him to shave it until ‘Mission’ wraps, they’ve had to film him for ‘League’ with it and then will digitally remove the fuzzy caterpillar in post-production.

On top of that, there’s the issue of accreditation. With Joss Whedon now has overseen the project for several months since Zack Snyder’s departure to spend time with his family, there have been rumors he might be up for a co-directing credit. The trade, however, says that’s not the case, but he may get a producing credit or a screenplay credit.

Whedon’s skills have come in handy for the reshoots which have reportedly been used to punch up the dialogue and build out the “connective tissue” scenes between the set pieces that Snyder has constructed and filmed which are quite “usable”.

Going forward, this might be more common as Warner Bros. has reportedly changed its greenlighting process and will now factor in extra weeks and millions of dollars of additional photography into the production budgets for all its major comic book films.

Doctor Omega

Warner Bros. Pictures has released some new artwork showcasing new looks at Henry Cavill’s Superman and Amber Heard’s “Aquaman” character of Queen Mera in the upcoming “Justice League” film along with a new shot of Ezra Miller’s The Flash.

The Superman and Flash art comes from a calendar with the Kryptonian serving as both ‘Mr. January’. The Mera art comes from Twitter and is seen on the packaging of the upcoming Mera Barbie doll.

Additionally, Greek-French production designer Patrick Tatopoulos has posted a new piece of art on his Instagram account showcasing the look of the film’s parademons, the army of winged beasts that serve Steppenwolf and Darkseid.

“Justice League” opens in cinemas on November 10th.

Doctor Omega

“Justice League” Reshoots Change Cyborg Tone

justice-league-reshoots-change-cyborg-tone-696x464.jpg

With filmmaker Zack Snyder handing over the reigns of reshoots on the Warner Bros. and DC Films tentpole “Justice League” to Joss Whedon, there’s a question as to a potential tonal shift for the project.

Last year’s “Suicide Squad” famously saw extensive reshoots retool that film into more of a comedic crowd pleaser. The hiring of Whedon and the success of “Wonder Woman” implies this ‘League’ will be tweaked to be more light-hearted.

Actor Joe Morton, who plays Dr. Silas Stone in the film, pretty much confirmed that this week to IGN. While confirming his own character hasn’t changed much, he says the character of Victor Stone a.k.a. Cyborg (Ray Fisher) is a key example of the tweaks:

“I know that with Ray [Fisher], the young man who plays Victor, there were some adjustments that they made in terms of the tone of that character. I think what I heard was that there was a need from the studio to lighten up the film in a way, that the film felt too dark. I don’t know what that meant in terms of how it actually got translated in terms of the reshoots but that’s what I heard. That’s what I thought some of the reshoots were about.”

In related news, filmmaker Doug Liman has revealed that his attempt to be a part of the DCEU with the more supernaturally-skewered “Justice League Dark” didn’t happen because the script wasn’t done to his satisfaction.

He tells Cinema Blend: “the script never got to a place that was special enough for me. Not for lack of trying.” “Justice League” will open in cinemas on November 10th.

Doctor Omega

Affleck Talks Whedon’s “Justice League” Reshoots

affleck-talks-whedons-justice-league-reshoots-696x464.jpg

With work now well underway on the “Justice League” reshoots, actor Ben Affleck has taken some time out from the production to talk about Joss Whedon’s involvement in the wake of director Zack Snyder departure due to a family tragedy.

We’ve heard different reports as to how extensive these reshoots are, though additional photography on the film was always planned and Whedon was already helping out to some extent before Snyder stepped back. Affleck acknowledges to EWthat what’s going on is “a little bit unorthodox”:

“Zack had a family tragedy, and stepped off, which was horrible. For the movie, the best person we could’ve possibly found was Joss. We got really lucky that he stepped in.

It’s an interesting product of two directors, both with kind of unique visions, both with really strong takes. I’ve never had that experience before making a movie. I have to say, I really love working with Zack, and I really love the stuff we’ve done with Joss.”

Affleck also wanted to clarify that reshoots are part and parcel of the filmmaking process, and he’s well aware of it as his own films have undergone them:

“I’ve never worked on a movie that didn’t do reshoots. ‘Argo,’ we did reshoots for a week and a half! Four days on ‘Gone Baby Gone!’ This is a really nice time to work in DC. They’re hitting their stride. They’re getting it right. It’s starting to feel like it’s really working.”

Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa, Ezra Miller, Ray Fisher, Willem Dafoe, Jesse Eisenberg, Jeremy Irons, Amy Adams, Diane Lane, Connie Nielsen, Billy Crudup, Amber Heard, Kiersey Clemons and J.K. Simmons co-star in the film which opens November 10th.