Review M*A*S*H (1972)

Carol

Member: Rank 5
We went through a phase of bacardi and coke at school, but it'd be way too sweet for me now. I'm so glad America gave the world the martini. Imagine inventing a drink that comes with integrated olives - genius.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
You need to recommend some British beers for me. I drink quite a bit of Guinness (for my Irish ancestors), but I feel my English ancestors would like me to partake in something from the homeland, other than bangers & mash (my last name is Leland, after all).

Carol

Ooh, there's a Sunday morning challenge!
First off - in pubs I drink whichever draught bitter looks most promising from the selection available. I'm a bit less informed about what's good in bottles or cans, but let's see - and PLEASE - REINFORCEMENTS CHIP IN IF YOU HAVE OTHER IDEAS.

I'm aware Newcastle Brown is available in California- seen it there and, in case I thought I was hallucinating in all that sunshine, I'm sure it made a guest appearance in Big Bang Theory. Strong stuff and if you are not Californian, do not chill it - or anything else I can suggest.
Sam Smith's
Theakston's
Black Sheep Brewery: all these 3 respectable Yorkshire breweries, the last-named apparently started by a renegade nephew of the Theakston dynasty who didn't want to go corporate with the rest of the clan.

Old Speckled Hen, Bishop's Finger and Waggle Dance are 3 bottled beers I've tried and like (the last one refers to the bee's "I've found pollen" dance to summon the hive - it's a beer with honey in. Works 100% better than Cherry Coke).

In Boston MA I discovered that a Mr Samuel Adams took a very acceptable recipe with him from the old country - has it reached Iowa?

Happy hunting, and bottoms up!

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Oh, I am well acquainted wit Mr. Samuel Adams. Delicious stuff. I believe I have seen Newcastle in some spots, so I shall pick some up. The others I will be on the hunt for. Ooh-da-lolly!

Thank you so very much! It's beer hunting time!

Anouk

Member: Rank 1
Suicide is painless, and it brings on many changes.

I know that i used to see the series as a child, but I can't remember it. I loved the film, I have already seen three or four times. And recently I read the book - I saw it at a charity shop for cheap and I was not going to leave it there. The book is a collection of loose anecdotes and the novel resembles it a lot.

Carol

Hi Anouk, I hope you get to see the series some day - the first series has a tone a bit closer to the book then develops more of its own style - so at least I'm sure you'll enjoy that one. But it's brilliantly cast and I prefer it to the film version in lots of ways.