Fun Our Early Posts!

enigma

Member: Rank 1
Hi enigma!
I came over as soon as that other place closed down.... what was it called again? Gee, I forget! lol

I had to run out and finish some yard work, but now I'm back. Glad you're here. [thumbs_up_sign]
no yard work until the rain ends [laugh]

I think the other place had letters in the title??

Sunflower007

Member: Rank 3
:emoji_hand_splayed:~ Welcome to the board BradyBunchFan!:emoji_slight_smile: I hope you like it here.

*~:emoji_smile_cat:~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
"Ask me if I need him

Get him out of my way
These are
These are the games
These are the games
These are the only games I play"

By: Falsettos

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
Greetings & Salutations!

I'm Janine The Barefoot (kept the handle cause a couple of pals on IMDb thought it was cool :D). Recent and rudely ejected member of IMDb (go all of us HERE and BOO them:p).... originator of the "infamous/insightful/inspirational" rants on the death of Penny Dreadful (I like to think of my rants and rages as both humorous and thoughtful :cool:)... and currently attempting to settle myself in here. SO... BIG, HUGE, MULTI-ADJECTIVE LADEN THANK YOUS TO DeJ & ALEX for creating a beautiful new home for us; as I believe this site was put together in a matter of days by them so WE wouldn't be wandering hopelessly adrift in tiny lifeboats on the North Atlantic after IMDb did the "Titanic" and sank under the waves... (thinking that Amazon gets the role of the iceberg in all this o_O), which I'm pretty sure makes you guys "The California" insofar as we are concerned! ;) :) :rolleyes:. Love the site, love the welcome and am happy and grateful to be here!..... Oh yeah, picture is forthcoming cause it seems crazy to keep the handle and drop the face (mine) that went with it.

So here's a general YIPEE just cause it feels so good to have found a safe harbor!

cue mark

Member: Rank 1
Greetings forum members

New digs look great. Sixteen year extreme movie (not celebrity) lover magnet to Colin's Country Club that just burned down. Hats off to the man behind the curtain for affording us this virtual outlet! :emoji_thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
Big oops and humble apologies for the caps thing. My bad for not reading posting rules. I "cap" for emphasis as.... you may have noticed that I'm a bit on the enthusiastic side. I don't yell at people and have always tried to be both civil and respectful in my interactions on any board and, for me, the caps are a bit like using my hands when I'm speaking face-to-face with someone. What can I say? it's a Norwegian thing inherited from both sides of the family as one of the grandparents from each side of the family came over on boats... not the Viking longboats or anything cause we don't go back that far. But Mom's Dad used to write her Mom in English so he could learn the language and she wrote him in Norwegian so she could (her parents didn't want their kids to speak anything but the language of their new home) learn that. Oh and either my Dad's Mom or his Dad also came over on a boat. So, honestly, we're just a slightly over-the-top wordy kind of group.

I honestly meant no offense just wanted to emphasize to DeJ and Alex how grateful I was and wow... no caps! Do you have any idea how difficult it is to sit on your hands while typing? Cause that's sort of how this feels..... But I will work on it, I promise.... although it does make my signature even more appropriate doesn't it?! :(

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Greetings & Salutations!

I'm Janine The Barefoot (kept the handle cause a couple of pals on IMDb thought it was cool :D). Recent and rudely ejected member of IMDb (go all of us HERE and BOO them:p).... originator of the "infamous/insightful/inspirational" rants on the death of Penny Dreadful (I like to think of my rants and rages as both humorous and thoughtful :cool:)... and currently attempting to settle myself in here. SO... BIG, HUGE, MULTI-ADJECTIVE LADEN THANK YOUS TO DeJ & ALEX for creating a beautiful new home for us; as I believe this site was put together in a matter of days by them so WE wouldn't be wandering hopelessly adrift in tiny lifeboats on the North Atlantic after IMDb did the "Titanic" and sank under the waves... (thinking that Amazon gets the role of the iceberg in all this o_O), which I'm pretty sure makes you guys "The California" insofar as we are concerned! ;) :) :rolleyes:. Love the site, love the welcome and am happy and grateful to be here!..... Oh yeah, picture is forthcoming cause it seems crazy to keep the handle and drop the face (mine) that went with it.

So here's a general YIPEE just cause it feels so good to have found a safe harbor!
G'day Janine, welcome to IMDF.

I'd tell you to come in and kick your shoes off and make yourself comfortable, but you're already barefoot. :D

ant-mac

Big oops and humble apologies for the caps thing. My bad for not reading posting rules. I "cap" for emphasis as.... you may have noticed that I'm a bit on the enthusiastic side. I don't yell at people and have always tried to be both civil and respectful in my interactions on any board and, for me, the caps are a bit like using my hands when I'm speaking face-to-face with someone. What can I say? it's a Norwegian thing inherited from both sides of the family as one of the grandparents from each side of the family came over on boats... not the Viking longboats or anything cause we don't go back that far. But Mom's Dad used to write her Mom in English so he could learn the language and she wrote him in Norwegian so she could (her parents didn't want their kids to speak anything but the language of their new home) learn that. Oh and either my Dad's Mom or his Dad also came over on a boat. So, honestly, we're just a slightly over-the-top wordy kind of group.

I honestly meant no offense just wanted to emphasize to DeJ and Alex how grateful I was and wow... no caps! Do you have any idea how difficult it is to sit on your hands while typing? Cause that's sort of how this feels..... But I will work on it, I promise.... although it does make my signature even more appropriate doesn't it?! :(
No offense taken, Janine. :)

Have you considered using bold for emphasis? That might work. It might even standout more effectively than mere UPPER CASE. o_O

For myself - and some others I've noticed - I only use UPPER CASE for acronyms and the titles of books, films, songs, TV series and so on and so forth. Anyway, welcome aboard! :D

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
No offense taken, Janine. :)

Have you considered using bold for emphasis? That might work. It might even standout more effectively than mere UPPER CASE. o_O

For myself - and some others I've noticed - I only use UPPER CASE for acronyms and the titles of books, films, songs, TV series and so on and so forth. Anyway, welcome aboard! :D
Groovy thought Ant Man!

I have to admit that I'm impressed with all of the neat writing toys we have access to and can't wait to start playing with them!:D Although I will confess it might take a bit of time to get used to. On the other hand, we've all got nothing but time to wander around the site and find our cozy places in it so I'm all sorts of good with that. ;)

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
OK... showing my prejudices here (I'm soooo bloody obvious sometimes). I meant ant-mac and probably came out with Ant-Man because I'm a Marvel baby since ep. 1 of The Avengers... although I always loved Janet VanDyne better than her poor, confused hubby Hank! :rolleyes:

ant-mac

OK... showing my prejudices here (I'm soooo bloody obvious sometimes). I meant ant-mac and probably came out with Ant-Man because I'm a Marvel baby since ep. 1 of The Avengers... although I always loved Janet VanDyne better than her poor, confused hubby Hank! :rolleyes:
That's okay, I like ANT-MAN - and there's only one single character that is different...

ANT-MAC...

ANT-MAN...

Besides, not many people know this, but I actually am a superhero - or at least I am in my dreams...

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
That's okay, I like ANT-MAN - and there's only one single character that is different...

ANT-MAC...

ANT-MAN...

Besides, not many people know this, but I actually am a superhero - or at least I am in my dreams... :emoji_stuck_out_tongue:

I think I love you!.... but please remember I'm an admittedly crazed Norwegian woman who can only barely keep her big mouth shut :emoji_no_good:

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
Good morning, Agent skribb. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, involves secretly subverting the IMD regime, to get as many of its members as possible to transfer their loyalty from that message board over to this one. You may not select any other message board members to assist you, as this is strictly a solo assignment. You have a limited time to carry out your mission, so you had best begin immediately. As always, should you be caught or killed, the Administrator and other members of IMF will disavow all knowledge of you or your actions. Good luck. This message will self-destruct in five seconds…
I am so.... seriously, going to have to start stalking you! You are the only person I know of who goes back as far as I do with great TV openings... duh, duh... duh, duh... duh, duh... duh, duh... da, da ,da (duh, duh) da, da, da dadaaaaaaaaaa (you have to picture the fuse burning in you mind, yes?!) :emoji_raising_hand:

ant-mac

I am so.... seriously, going to have to start stalking you! You are the only person I know of who goes back as far as I do with great TV openings... duh, duh... duh, duh... duh, duh... duh, duh... da, da ,da (duh, duh) da, da, da dadaaaaaaaaaa (you have to picture the fuse burning in you mind, yes?!) :emoji_raising_hand:
There is a another website, beyond those that are known to internet trolls. It is a website as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition and it lies between the pit of the trolls' fears and the summit of their knowledge. This is the website of imagination. It is an area that we call the Internet Media Discussion Forums.