Fun Our Even Earlier Posts!

Heeeeey

Member: Rank 2
My favorite color is blue, but I like this red theme.

I'm from IMDb v2. Do you think you can get everyone on v2 to sign up here?

Heeeeey

There are some trolls telling everyone at IMDb not to sign up because it could be a ruse by the forum troll to get everyone's IP and personal info. And they're scaring people off.

Not sure how to combat those accusations. I posted that the creators of the forum are not anonymous.

Heeeeey

Lol wat, people who are that stupid are probably not worth even trying to get to sign up.
Some are leery because there's a horrid little troll there who has doxxed several of the members and posted all their personal info. They're actually not putting it past him to go through all this trouble to get the goods on people. I told them it's more risky to have a Facebook acct than sign up at a forum like this.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
How wrong can you be?. I'm using the TOP 1 most used forum software in the world, not told by me alone but by hundreads of forum community managers around the world. It is not a ruse and I'm sure is way more secured than putting your information on a public "free forum" that does advertising on your forums as a means to pay the bills.

Yes because a public proboard forum that handles "advertising" wont sell your private information or use it to "advertise" on said forum.

I'm not saying it's wrong, I think it's wrong but hell, how do you expect to get a bussiness working with free accounts?.

Besides, It's my goddam picture out there saying I'm the admin and my name is all over the place, you can even access my homepage which clearly shows I'm a system administrator & designer.

https://www.alexvojacek.com

If people want to talk stuff just because... let them.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Can you point us where do this people is talking?. Maybe we can get to post all our information so they stop saying nonsense.

Heeeeey

How wrong can you be?. I'm using the TOP 1 most used forum software in the world, not told by me alone but by hundreads of forum community managers around the world. It is not a ruse and I'm sure is way more secured than putting your information on a public "free forum" that does advertising on your forums as a means to pay the bills.

Yes because a public proboard forum that handles "advertising" wont sell your private information or use it to "advertise" on said forum.

I'm not saying it's wrong, I think it's wrong but hell, how do you expect to get a bussiness working with free accounts?.

Besides, It's my goddam picture out there saying I'm the admin and my name is all over the place, you can even access my homepage which clearly shows I'm a system administrator & designer.

https://www.alexvojacek.com

If people want to talk stuff just because... let them.
That's what I've tried to tell them. There is just a handful who are distrustful. From the looks of all the IMDb v2 membership, I don't think it applies to the majority. Even now, a troll is on there trying to scare everyone away from signing up at IMDd v2. I don't know if he's doing that with this site though.

J

j2i

Alex, I came across this conversation now and I think Heeeey may be on to something here.

I received several private messages on one of my accounts saying negative things about this effort, just so you know. If I'm getting those messages in private others must be getting them too. I mean, why would they send such message to me? I think it may be a "broadcast" type of some sort.

I think they're trying to undermine this place for some reason.

I'm telling you this because I appreciate the welcome and I don't like to see a good effort go to waste.

Best,

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
People are just jealous that someone beat them to it because he loves IMDb a bit more than them :p They are also talking about 2.0 and that ProBoards or the Admin is after personal info. I don't believe this for a second but both sites are getting negative messages left and right.

The Members will make up their minds soon enough and they can choose were to be or whom to trust. It's not a competition whatsoever and sofar I believe both are doing this to help the community.

OnTopic: Yes I like the Forum Look a lot! And the logo is really good imo

J

j2i

I agree. Someone is now offering some alternative at zetaboards in imdb2.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Let them. People can still find this place and I'm too much into it to go hunting for explanations. If you guys want to help, I'll be thrilled, right now I'm coding the style, which happens to had broke on me so I had to restart over.

I'm putting too much energy into this, not because i want to compete with the rest, frankly, but because I'm loving this project so much !

Heeeeey

I think nobody is taking that guy seriously. I did my statement there.
True, but there are others naysaying this site, and several have posted that they won't sign up because they don't trust it. Who would sign up with their real email, passwords, etc., anyway.:rolleyes:

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
I want to add. I do really want you guys to enjoy this forum and spread the world, that's about the best gift one could ask.