Fun Our Even Earlier Posts!

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Oh... people will speak on end... I just don't know what to say to them. I already stated everything on IMDB and I'm all open to be contacted by anyone, I even sent my formal personal website.

Heeeeey

Member: Rank 2
I want to add. I do really want you guys to enjoy this forum and spread the world, that's about the best gift one could ask.
I am trying to promote it on my forum and on IMDb v2. There are so many members there now, it's going to be a challenge to get them to move over here.

J

j2i

What made me wonder what is going on is the strong negative response I saw on imdb2 against this site's welcome. That's why I started to read around and came across this thread now. I have to agree with Heeeeey too.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
I know, but we didn't have any help whatsoever from that forum either. The admin on that forum was offered being admin here, he wants to keep the forum for himself. I offered everything we could ask for to have a united front doing a very solid forum. Oh well... I suppose its human condition.

I understand the motive behind the idea but, It would be imprudent of me to just trash this forum because the other one has lots of people in.

I learned to co-exist in peace, do what I know I do best and let everyone be happy with their choices.

Reactions: j2i

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
I am trying to promote it on my forum and on IMDb v2. There are so many members there now, it's going to be a challenge to get them to move over here.
True, but there are others naysaying this site, and several have posted that they won't sign up because they don't trust it. Who would sign up with their real email, passwords, etc., anyway.:rolleyes:
I can not say this enough. Don't feed the Trolls and as long as the Admin allows the bashing of other dedicated community members that singlehandedly throws a dedicated site together just to please the masses of said community, then the good people will know where everyone stands and they can make a choice themselfs.

If they all follow the others then they are nothing but sheep. I know fck all about sheep, so I'm not even getting into all that :D

J

j2i

I know, but we didn't have any help whatsoever from that forum either. The admin on that forum was offered being admin here, he wants to keep the forum for himself. I offered everything we could ask for to have a united front doing a very solid forum. Oh well... I suppose its human condition.

I understand the motive behind the idea but, It would be imprudent of me to just trash this forum because the other one has lots of people in.

I learned to co-exist in peace, do what I know I do best and let everyone be happy with their choices.
Absolutely. That's why a while back I said on some post that I saw exactly the direction that board was taking. And now look at this, you go in there with the best of efforts and instead of at least showing some consideration for your work what I see is they start to trash you around for no apparent reason, quite subtly mind you. Makes me wonder truly what the hell is going on.

J

j2i

I can not say this enough. Don't feed the Trolls and as long as the Admin allows the bashing of other dedicated community members that singlehandedly throws a dedicated site together just to please the masses of said community, then the good people will know where everyone stands and they can make a choice themselfs.

If they all follow the others then they are nothing but sheep. I know fck all about sheep, so I'm not even getting into all that :D
Ah the sheep. Well I'll tell you this, unless there's a great number of sheep in there (which I don't doubt for a second), this seemed to me like some kind of directed (coordinated) move against this place precisely as the welcome was being offered in a good way. Why, I wouldn't know. Just like gangs, the same thing I spoke against over there.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
I just can't believe the things people is saying about this board.

Really... I'm shocked.

I did all of this for free, without asking money, putting me best energy into it, worked hard all day, I'm exhausted and yet, that forum did nothing of the sort, just stay there, sit tight and count the number of people getting in.. how fair is that??

Yet, I'm fine with it, I'm doing it because I like, but what I really hate about all this is not that I'm working so hard while people register there first, it's that people started to say bad things about me and the forum..

I just CAN'T BELIEVE how people behave... the are people that doesn't know what kindness is, they are saying this is an "obscure" site that was trying to steal people from imdb2.. how wrong can you be? I first contacted the guy to ask him if it was good for him that I start making a new forum with software/servers and that I wanted his help, he agreed, he gladly accepted to be part of this team.

He never did anything besides checking the forum, if he told me that time he didn't think it was appropiate for me to start a forum, I wouldn't had done it, now he wants to keep his forum, fine by me but I've never said or did something wrong by hjm and I never spoke bad of anyone, yet, they are saying bad things from this place and the admin doesn't even bother to correct them.

I am furious.

J

j2i

I just can't believe the things people is saying about this board.

Really... I'm shocked.

I did all of this for free, without asking money, putting me best energy into it, worked hard all day, I'm exhausted and yet, that forum did nothing of the sort, just stay there, sit tight and count the number of people getting in.. how fair is that??

Yet, I'm fine with it, I'm doing it because I like, but what I really hate about all this is not that I'm working so hard while people register there first, it's that people started to say bad things about me and the forum..

I just CAN'T BELIEVE how people behave... the are people that doesn't know what kindness is, they are saying this is an "obscure" site that was trying to steal people from imdb2.. how wrong can you be? I first contacted the guy to ask him if it was good for him that I start making a new forum with software/servers and that I wanted his help, he agreed, he gladly accepted to be part of this team.

He never did anything besides checking the forum, if he told me that time he didn't think it was appropiate for me to start a forum, I wouldn't had done it, now he wants to keep his forum, fine by me but I've never said or did something wrong by hjm and I never spoke bad of anyone, yet, they are saying bad things from this place and the admin doesn't even bother to correct them.

I am furious.
In my opinion this is awful; based on what you now say, on what I have read and on what I can see, at best it seems like you're being given "the cold treatment" superficially. Why would admin do this? At worst, someone took advantage of your best intentions and had you work for free like the suckers imdb played us all out to be for years right until yesterday itself. What it seems like on the surface is you're not being thrown out of there directly, but you're "being handed your hat" in a very political and clever way. I detest snake politics. I could say LOTS about this kind of thing. One of my first posts was about how to prevent people from ganging up against others and look now, it seems they're doing it to you already. A couple of guys tried to start it against me simply becauseI was warning against this crap and look at it now. NOT good. Sad.

J

j2i

That is why when this imdb mess broke loose I decided to not start anything without first making SURE I had some kind of good support. I've seen it all happen before.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
My favorite color is blue, but I like this red theme.
Blue is also my favourite colour, but I've heard that a change is as good as a holiday.

Although I'm sure Tahiti would still win hands down... :p
I'm from IMDb v2. Do you think you can get everyone on v2 to sign up here?
Well, we can but try.

ant-mac

There are some trolls telling everyone at IMDb not to sign up because it could be a ruse by the forum troll to get everyone's IP and personal info. And they're scaring people off.
They might find a cure for cancer, but I'm not sure anyone will ever find a cure for trolls...

Unless we brick-up all the space under bridges perhaps... ;)

ant-mac

How wrong can you be?. I'm using the TOP 1 most used forum software in the world, not told by me alone but by hundreads of forum community managers around the world. It is not a ruse and I'm sure is way more secured than putting your information on a public "free forum" that does advertising on your forums as a means to pay the bills.

Yes because a public proboard forum that handles "advertising" wont sell your private information or use it to "advertise" on said forum.

I'm not saying it's wrong, I think it's wrong but hell, how do you expect to get a bussiness working with free accounts?.

Besides, It's my goddam picture out there saying I'm the admin and my name is all over the place, you can even access my homepage which clearly shows I'm a system administrator & designer.

https://www.alexvojacek.com

If people want to talk stuff just because... let them.
I believe in you.

If I didn't, I wouldn't be here.

Although I have to admit that the word, "free" is also mighty attractive... ;)

ant-mac

Can you point us where do this people is talking?. Maybe we can get to post all our information so they stop saying nonsense.
Don't worry, boss, just give me the word and I'll get a few of the lads together and go around and "persuade" this guy to quit acting up. ;)

I bought a brand new toy yesterday and I can't wait to tell this guy to, "Say hello to my little friend!" :mad:

ant-mac

I want to add. I do really want you guys to enjoy this forum and spread the world, that's about the best gift one could ask.
You got it.

Anything I can do to help.

Although the earlier offer about buying that guy a new set of concrete shoes is still on the table... No? o_O

Well, let's just see how things pan out... ;)

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Everything clear out, even if there are tons of people who don't believe in this forum and think I need to shut it down, I'll continue. The admin of imdb2 went there and clear things up so I'm grateful to him.

Now back to work, tons of stuff to make this place look prettier.