Fun Our Even Earlier Posts!

Liburnius

Member: Rank 1
Hello! I just signed up on your new site. I'm very disappointed with what I've read about concerning IMDB's planned change, and I am glad that you have helped to come up with a replacement for the message boards.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
God damn, one refresh later and suddenly there's a new theme :D
Oh yeah, you have to stay on your guard around here...

One moment you're not paying attention, the next you could find yourself on a hitherto unknown message board, sporting all sorts of weird colours or strange avatars. ;)

duzit

Member: Rank 6
Indeed you can :)
Alex,
I need to learn how to cut & paste using my tablet. Could you please send me a few posts for me to practice with. I want to learn how to do a "mention" and also to be able to join in the games where you add a new number at the bottom of a list. I want to be an active member and need to learn how to do these things.
Thanks for any help you can give...♡:rolleyes:

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
I explained mentions in the Helpdesk thread How To? There you can read about anything you want to know and if it aint there, just ask in the HelpDesk.

https://www.imdforums.com/forums/helpdesk.181/

On android you can either double tap or hold a part of the text and then you get options to select a certain part of the text and copy button. Then you can go to the field where you write the message, you hold press and the paste button should appear, that's all there is to it!

Use this thread to test whatever you like, post as much as you like. We will clean up afterwards. If you have any other questions about Android, you can ask me in the Conversation you started the last time :)

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5
This is a test for not sending the whole msg. I did a reply, then a preview then a select all, then a cut. And now I'm writing on a blank screen. Then another preview, then send. What did u receive?
Hmmm. You can just look and see what came. I don't think it is wht you were aiming for. You tell me.

sitenoise

Did not work. :(
Hey, don't be sad. console2.gif

You are making great strides. If you push yourself too far you'll forget all you learned so far. Trust me, I'm a teacher.

But also don't forget, you can practice any time you want in this thread. We'll always try and respond helpfully. Don't give up.

duzit

On android you can either double tap or hold a part of the text and then you get options to select a certain part of the text and copy button. Then you can go to the field where you write the message, you hold press and the paste button should appear, that's all there is to it!

This is a test for sending part of a post

@sitenoise

sitenoise

@duzit hmmm ... this opens up a another small can of worms. In your last two posts here, it isn't clear that the text you're pasting in is quoted material (from someone in particular).

You have a few options to make that clear, if you like.

1 - Put quote marks around it and do something like ...
@DeJoHnNiE said: "Use this thread to test whatever you like, post as much as you like"

2 - When you have the selection made in the post you want to selectively quote, you should see a black "Reply" thought bubble popup. If you click/tap that thought bubble it will quote it into a reply window for you. It should look like this:
reply.jpg
Then your reply will look like this:
Use this thread to test whatever you like, post as much as you like.
3 - I forgot the third one.

Oh, if you have your selected text on the clipboard ... oh, lets not go there now. Try those two to start

duzit

@duzit hmmm ... this opens up a another small can of worms. In your last two posts here, it isn't clear that the text you're pasting in is quoted material (from someone in particular).

You have a few options to make that clear, if you like.

1 - Put quote marks around it and do something like ...
@DeJoHnNiE said: "Use this thread to test whatever you like, post as much as you like"

2 - When you have the selection made in the post you want to selectively quote, you should see a black "Reply" thought bubble popup. If you click/tap that thought bubble it will quote it into a reply window for you. It should look like this:
View attachment 179
Then your reply will look like this:

3 - I forgot the third one.

Oh, if you have your selected text on the clipboard ... oh, lets not go there now. Try those two to start
I'm going to give it a rest for now. Thank you so much for your time and help.
I will catch on, it just takes me awhile and then the lite bulb will come on...♡♡♡

duzit

When you have the selection made in the post you want to selectively quote, you should see a black "Reply" thought bubble popup. If you click/tap that thought bubble it will quote it into a reply window for you. It should look like this:

Sadly I think this only works on non tablet devices.
But I think I have found a workaround (word?)

@sitenoise