Review Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
This cat really puts the film into perspective while discussing what I agree with him to be the worst Star Wars novel of all time. He expresses just what most of us fans who have been around for years have felt.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
This asshat is a prime example of what is wrong with fandoms. "Oh, I hated it, so I'll make it my way, and then it'll be so much better, because I'm scared of female characters doing what men should be doing. Mom, it's cold in your basement, make me some Hot Pockets!" Fuck this guy.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
My first impression is, what can this "passionate, talented" guy do except replace a few effects and cut "unpopular with some fans" bits out, much as the Phantom Edit did?

The guy in the reaction video is behaving as if there is going to be an all new movie, with a brand new storyline and tons of new footage on it's way. :emoji_grin:

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

RIAN JOHNSON: “I think the instant you start thinking in terms of how do you not step outside of the bounds of what the original movies did, you’re not thinking the way the people who made the original movies did. They were with every movie, they were pushing it forward, with every movie they were stepping outside those bounds and pushing the characters into new, emotionally honest, but surprising places.
That’s why those movies are great. That’s why they’re alive. If they had been looking at something that came before it and saying, ‘Oh, we better not do this because that is outside of this or that,’ it would’ve been different.”

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

rian-johnson-talks-surviving-last-jedi-hate (1).jpg

http://www.darkhorizons.com/rian-johnson-talks-surviving-last-jedi-hate/

“In terms of the bad stuff, I’ll tell you it’s interesting. That’s been one of the really healthy things for me about the past couple of years, is getting exposed to it. Before I made The Last Jedi, I had never had anyone hate me on the internet. If during the course of a year I got one negative tweet I would go into a panic. I’d be like ‘Oh my god, someone out there doesn’t like me. I need to fix this!’ The thing is though, I am really really thankful. Because what that meant is that my sense of self-worth was attached to the notion of everybody liking me online. And the fact that this process has made me, out of survival, disconnect from that.

Also it’s given me a more realistic view of the system that is social media. There’s a lot of great, genuine interaction that goes on. The bad stuff, the systematic trolling, the almost game-ified abuse that some people devote their entire online presence to; honestly, once you’ve seen enough of it, you see the pattern of it. It just sort of gets boring after a while. It doesn’t even give me that little negative ping anymore. And I don’t think it’s even my skin growing tough. It’s just I’ve put in perspective. I realize this is kind of a byproduct of this social Twitter system. There’s going to be some degree of people where this is their hobby, basically. So overall I found it made me adjust to social media where I’m seeing it and using it in a healthier way.”