Spoilers Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

Discussion in 'Star Wars' started by Doctor Omega, Feb 20, 2017.

1. The Seeker

The Seeker Member: Rank 6

Her passing wasn’t good for this franchise. They were really going to use her. It’s funny that they killed off Luke and Han but kept Leia alive, eh?

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

I agree that it was so ironic. I can't help thinking that they are going to fudge it and misjudge the whole thing with some awkwardly contrived and compromised final appearance by Carrie.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Seeker

With Abrams at the helm, I BELIEVE IT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

“Episode IX” Has Lots Of Poe-Finn Scenes

episode-ix-has-lots-of-finn-poe-scenes-696x464.jpg

Of the current “Star Wars” trilogy, one of the more well-received elements is that of Oscar Isaac’s Poe Dameron and John Boyega’s Finn. The pair have only shared a few scenes together, but the bromantic chemistry is enough it has inspired countless memes, fan art, slash fiction and more.

Well the shippers are going to be very pleased with J.J. Abrams’ “Star Wars: Episode IX” with Poe himself – actor Oscar Isaac – confirming to Metro that the hot-headed Resistance pilot and the former Stormtrooper get a bunch of scenes together in the new film, from the sounds of it far more than they did in the previous two:

“I think the one thing I can say is that it has been the most fun for me, particularly working with John Boyega because we have just had so much more to do together and we just really connected in a great way. It was really a wonderful way to finish it for me because John was the first person I met right when I screen-tested. It was just with me and him. So it just felt like a real full-circle thing.”

This final film of the Skywalker saga reportedly sees Finn poised to take on a real leadership role in the Resistance, as a result he and Poe will be working together more closely. Previously Isaac said shooting the new film was the most fun of the trilogy because it was much looser on set and everyone had more energy.

The big reveal of the new “Star Wars” is expected to happen next month at the SW Celebration convention. The film itself opens December 20th.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

Johnson Won’t Mind “Star Wars Ep IX” Retcon

johnson-wont-mind-star-wars-ep-ix-retcon-1-696x464.jpg

Much of both the praise and criticism levelled at Rian Johnson’s “Star Wars: The Last Jedi” is in relation to the way the film went against expectations – from the way it portrayed Luke Skywalker, to Snoke’s early exit to the issue of Rey’s parents. Some loved that, some certainly did not.

Part of the reason for that is the belief Johnson basically ignored the ‘trilogy plans’ that filmmaker J.J. Abrams laid out in ‘The Force Awakens’ and so there’s speculation the upcoming “Star Wars: Episode IX” – which Abrams is helming – may retcon some of Johnson’s film.

If that does happen, Johnson revealed to MTV this week that he has no problems with those handling the franchise making changes to his groundwork:

“Like I said, man, I want to let go of all my expectations. I want to sit back. I want to be entertained. I want to be surprised. I want to be thrilled. I want him to do stuff I wasn’t expecting him to do and just go along for the ride. I’m also psyched about the things they are going to explore beyond what we’ve seen already. To me, that’s kind of the most exciting stuff is pushing the limits of seeing stuff we haven’t seen before in Star Wars.”

Johnson also confirmed he’s still working on his new “Star Wars” film trilogy, but there’s no timeline at this point as he’s waiting on Lucasfilm to figure out their future slate. Johnson’s next film, “Knives Out,” showed footage to rave reviews at CinemaCon this week and hits theaters this Fall. “Star Wars: Episode IX” is set for a December 20th release.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Seeker

If the film portrayed Luke Skywalker in a less-than-positive light, it’s because poor Rian Johnson had to do something with the trainwreck J.J. Abrams left him with, imho. I mean, what else could he have done with the character?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-title-photos-696x464.jpg

First Trailer: “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker”

Following its premiere at the Star Wars Celebration convention, Disney Pictures has released the first trailer for the J.J. Abrams-directed “Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker”.

The project marks the ninth and final installment in the current Skywalker saga and the third and final one in the current series that began with ‘Force Awakens’ in 2015. Story details remain unknown though Abrams says one difference is that the core group ‘goes on an adventure together’ as opposed to separate subplots like in ‘Last Jedi’. The trailer also suggests the return of a franchise favourite which was then confirmed at the convention with the actor’s appearance.

Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Issac, Adam Driver, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, Billie Lourd, Naomi Ackie, Richard E. Grant, Dominic Monaghan, Matt Smith, Keri Russell, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels and Billy Dee Williams star while the role of Leia Organa will once again be played by Carrie Fisher, using previously unreleased footage.

“Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker” opens in cinemas December 20th.

First trailer......

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. chainsaw_metal1

chainsaw_metal1 Member: Rank 8

After the week I've had, this was much needed. Love it!!!

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

• Like Like x 2
  10. The Seeker

That looks like a great scene right there!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega Moderator

Lando Calrissian Returns! | Star Wars Celebration 2019

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1