ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
DOCTOR WHO Message Board

I would like to ask if it is possible to create a message board devoted to the DOCTOR WHO franchise?

It has been in existence since 1963, is currently broadcast on TV globally, has a multinational following, has several spin-offs and also exists on several different types of media.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heeeeey

Member: Rank 2
More emoticons

IMDb had emojis and other types of icons.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
We will add emoticons as soon as we are finished creating the necesary categories... Then we will improve the forum looks and then add emojis, of course !

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
We will add those !

We are adding content like there's no tomorrow. We never believed we would have such a good reception. I just added the TV Boards section with specific boards for Star Wars, GOT, Doctor Who and Star Trek.

I'm going to add the sections you requested.

NileQT87

Member: Rank 1
The fandom categories really need to include TV franchises along with the movies.

Star Wars is way bigger than LotR these days. Star Wars, Marvel, DC, James Bond and Harry Potter probably need to be there.

Cult TV isn't going to cut it for Doctor Who, Buffy/Angel a.k.a. the Buffyverse (or the Jossverse, which also includes Firefly/Serenity, Dollhouse, etc... if that's not good enough), Game of Thrones, Supernatural, Once Upon a Time and a few others. Place Star Trek and the rest in the same section as the movie franchises, but change it to Fandoms or Franchises or something along those lines. Several TV franchises also include movies anyway.

Doctor Who, Star Wars and Buffy/Angel are actively being recruited to here from their respective IMDb forums, so that's something to consider.

Either change Britcoms to Sitcoms or remove it entirely. The Classic TV section is redundant given the decades sections.

Games doesn't need so many categories! It only needs one.

Last edited:

Heeeeey

Member: Rank 2
Navigation menu

Are you going to have a drop-down menu of all the boards to save having to scroll up and down the page?

IMDb v2 has one and it makes it convenient to go from one board to another just by clicking from the menu.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Yes it will. We are currently using the default theme for Xenforo but paid on themes have tons of functionality to make navigation faster and easier.

We are going to implement a new theme tomorrow, after careful consideration of all the posibilities.

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
Comics Board added!

More will be added asap.

If you have any suggestions and want to have them added in the right place, please add what the mainboard should be and sub categories. We don't want anything to be double or triple and confuse members. If you want a specific board or specific category, do say so.

Thanks for all the suggestions, we will try to add as much as we can in the next few hours.

Grayovac

When you get a chance, a distinctive FavIcon would be nice (makes it a lot easier to find the IMDF tab on my browser).

WeirdRaptor

Suggestion: An "Introduction" section.

Having a place where all new users can go introduce themselves could be a useful for helping everyone to get acquainted.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
I already sent them a proposal. They are welcome to join here. The free proboards are not a good choice for long standing forums and since I been building forums since... pretty much they first arrived, I prefer to stick with proven software running private servers than relying on public forums on free plans. That's why I insisted with this idea. I know it's better in the long run.