skribb

Member: Rank 1
I already sent them a proposal. They are welcome to join here. The free proboards are not a good choice for long standing forums and since I been building forums since... pretty much they first arrived, I prefer to stick with proven software running private servers than relying on public forums on free plans. That's why I insisted with this idea. I know it's better in the long run.
Awesome

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
If all goes well then this should be the new Board and replace the IMDb one, so if others are going to GOTboard then they should be informed about this replacement and not the imdb2 site. Eventually they could merge but that depends on where they want to be.
I must go back to IMDb and alter some of my posts and add a brief explanation to them.
About imdb2. If this is all done then we can start moving members from there to here and make sure new members go here to sign up and not imdb2. The only one that can make this happen is the Admin on imdb2 and he aint around atm, so until then we can only advice others to come here and the more we do that the faster it will happen.
That sounds like it could be a major undertaking.

Can you implement it from above - so to speak - or must individual posters do it themselves?

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Uploading Photos from Offline Files

Hi there,

Just a query, but I was curious as to whether it is possible to upload photos from offline files, or whether the pasting the url is the best/only way at the moment? I am not brilliantly technically minded so thought I had best ask.

Thanks, once again, for all you are doing.

Last edited:

filmfan95

Member: Rank 3
I think a "category" (I can't remember the technical term for the group forums right now) for Disney and Pixar films would be nice.

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5
Users Guide?

Or a place to ask questions like:
  • "How the fuck do I past something into this post as a quotation"?
  • "How the fuck do I make a Forum Thread do that indenty thing which makes it easier to see who is replying to whom/what"?

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucas

Member: Rank 4
When you get a chance, a distinctive FavIcon would be nice (makes it a lot easier to find the IMDF tab on my browser).
I agree with this, it'll make it look so much better whenever someone has the tab open or has the website bookmarked.

Lucas

It seems like we have a whole comic books board but also a comic books and comic con forum a little further down which seems a little unnecessary.

DeJoHnNiE

It seems like we have a whole comic books board but also a comic books and comic con forum a little further down which seems a little unnecessary.
As requested I added the Comics Board, but forgot to move the others, this will happen a few times I guess and please keep adding stuff here so we can improve. We will be adding, merging and removing any clutter until everyone is satisfied.

Lucas

Yeah there's definitely quite a bit that can be removed or merged but we'll see what happens.

alpha128

Please create music board(s)

The music boards on the IMDb had heavy traffic, particularly Music General. If you're serious about being an IMDb replacement. you'll need to have at least a Music General board.

This is a complete listing of what the IMDb has today in the "Music" category:

Music General - Discuss music of any kind (not just movie related)
Blues, Jazz & Soul - Discussions on Blues, Jazz, Soul, R&B, Swing, and other related genres.
Classical Music
Country
Electronic, Techno & Dance
Hip-Hop & Rap
Rock
Soundtracks and Scores - Discussions on soundtracks and scores for film and tv.

You can see it here: http://www.imdb.com/boards/#bc9

As I said, please, at a minimum, create a Music General board. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

alpha128

Was just about to write this as I just noticed we didn't have one.
The lack of music boards was the first thing I noticed when I got here. The Music General forum on the IMDb currently has over 30,000 posts, so not having music board(s) here is a significant omission.

Lucas

The lack of music boards was the first thing I noticed when I got here. The Music General forum on the IMDb currently has over 30,000 posts, so not having music board(s) here is a significant omission.
Yeah this is very true