Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Hi Alex, Was just wondering if there is any chance of a Planet of the Apes board on one of the Franchise boards, with a new film pending and all? :emoji_alien:

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
Actually, I do not like Tapatalk. It seems like you have to create an account, then it lists lots of forums or something.
You can log in here via Tapatalk without that account. but if you want to use all Tapatalk functions / features, then yes you need that. But Tapatalk is for more forums too, so only need to do that once though :)

PF4Eva

Member: Rank 3
Shop Talk equivalent

I'm yet another IMDb refugee (or soon-to-be) who just joined.

There's already a thread about adding boards for individual movies, shows, persons, etc. , to more closely resemble IMDb. But I'm here to discuss a more important aspect of the IMDb boards.

Shop Talk
Writers/Directors/Actors/Crew were boards where pros and semi-pros could teach their craft to aspiring filmmakers. Writers have options like Simply Scripts, Done Deal Pro, InkTip, etc., to discuss their craft, but what about everyone else? Currently, IMDb seems to be (one of) the only place(s) to go. These boards are invaluable to someone like me who has been wanting to do this for at least 20 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

duzit

Member: Rank 6

There's already a thread about adding boards for individual movies, shows, persons, etc. , to more closely resemble IMDb. But I'm here to discuss a more important aspect of the IMDb boards.

Shop Talk
Writers/Directors/Actors/Crew were boards where pros and semi-pros could teach their craft to aspiring filmmakers. Writers have options like Simply Scripts, Done Deal Pro, InkTip, etc., to discuss their craft, but what about everyone else? Currently, IMDb seems to be (one of) the only place(s) to go. These boards are invaluable to someone like me who has been wanting to do this for at least 20 years.
Welcome to your new home. Hope you like it here. It is a nice friendly place...:)♡♡♡

elanor

Shop Talk Writers/Directors/Actors/Crew were boards where pros and semi-pros could teach their craft to aspiring filmmakers. Writers have options like Simply Scripts, Done Deal Pro, InkTip, etc., to discuss their craft, but what about everyone else? Currently, IMDb seems to be (one of) the only place(s) to go. These boards are invaluable to someone like me who has been wanting to do this for at least 20 years.
Welcome PF4Eva.

I just followed you here from IMDb, when I checked where the script writers might flock to as I'm interested in script writing. I like it here and therefore I hope also the Writers/Directors/Actors/Crew pro boards will be re-activated and come alive here.

I think. Writers/Directors/Actors/Crew should get their own forum just like technology got an own forum. I propose "Film Creation" as a forum name. And under the main forum dedicated to all the professions needed for creating a film, I would like to see the different boards "Writers", "Directors" etc.

Last edited:

elanor

Please post all suggestions, ideas and requests here for possible new things that could allow IMF to continue to improve it as a user experience, from suggesting thread titles, to suggesting new ideas of tweaking the site in other ways.
I strongly suggest to add another forum named for instance "Film Creation" (was called "Shop Talk" at IMDb). I saw that "Technology" has its own forum here. For me the creative side of film making is as least as important to be allowed to find a forum home. In this "Film Creation" forum the writers, directors etc. from IMDb should have the opportunity to find a haven. Maybe a creatives' forum already exist and I just didn't find it. Then point me and PF4Eva there.

elanor

Shop Talks has been added in full. Hope you make the best of it !
Thanks! I too hope we will get some professionals here. I liked to lurk in their boards. The writers I can connect best to, but the directors' discussions were also interesting. Some discussed their film school films there.

Elessar

Member: Rank 2
Things I like about this IMDf forum

I think I need to be more specific about the good points of this forum. To be fair, the things to be improved will be addressed at the end of the post.

Things that I like

- Easy to follow up MY conversations: the Alerts button on the Top Right of every page on this forum tells me if there's new updates in my threads/ my conversations. It's one of the most important features for me. If I write something, of course I'd like to hear discussions about it. I can't always keep track of what I recently wrote, if not for that button. For the record, some very good movie forums do not have it.

- The facility of posting videos (youtube) and images. Heck I can't live without youtube these days.

- The New Posts on the right of the homepage. The things I would read after my threads. For frequent users, who have read the most parts of the forum, it's essential to know what's new in town. For that, I stretch again that the column needs at least 10, or 12 new posts. 8 at the moment is too few and a new post could easily be buried after 10 mins.

- The possibility of quoting some line of someone by just select that line by mouse: great, convenient.

- The fact that the forum is less popular than the other one: let's admit it, we have less trolls here. Popularity always goes with much fuss and stupidity. Freedom of speech is one thing, but I don't like to scroll through pages and pages of pointless bickering. Put it like this: if there's 1 troll out of 200 ordinary people, we haven't reached the troll yet.

- The admins are tech savvy and invest lots of efforts into the forum. Not to mention, one admin has a cute pet. That counts.

Things to be improved:

It needs more posts of quality. Don't get me wrong, it already has several, and only needs to continue in this right direction. I enjoy what has been posted here. Hoping for more and more of in-depth posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

duzit

@Heeeeey

Hi,
I'm asking you because of your mobile experience. I'm not seeing any color hi-lite for any links/url s/members, no hi-lite of anything. Is this a mobile problem or a site issue? Any info will be appreciated,
thanks...:)♡♡♡

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5
I'm not seeing any color hi-lite for any links/url s/members, no hi-lite of anything. Is this a mobile problem or a site issue? Any info will be appreciated,
is your smiley emo in color? (just making sure your Nook isn't a Black & White device. lol )
I don't think links/url s/members have any color, or not much at all

duzit

is your smiley emo in color? (just making sure your Nook isn't a Black & White device. lol )
I don't think links/url s/members have any color, or not much at all
Yes, I have a color Nook. But what I mean is the title of the threads like "Test",
"Mobile", or any thread titles look like any other words. When I click on them, I get a very quick hi-lite for a second before I'm taken there. If that's the way they're suppose to look/or not.. OK. I'm just trying to see if the Nook shows/or not, something that's not the norm. I cannot use any of the sites smiley's (it crashes the tab) and I'm curious as to what else is not available using the NOOK...:)♡♡♡

Harry Skywalker

Member: Rank 1
3 suggestions:

- create the Jurassic Park Board section

- the Videogames board should be just one and not separated between different gaming platforms. I think that doesn't make much sense, at least for now. Having only one board gives us much more dynamic conversations. I think it should be only the Video Games board

- you guys have claimed (if I'm not mistaken) that you are aiming to have individual message boards to individual movies, TV shows and actors; well I think you guys should try to do a similar system to IMDb's - basically make a Search Bar at the top where ewe can type the movie we want and then give us results of the various Message Boards. There's no need to put on the main page those individual boards, it'd be a mess.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
3 suggestions: - create the Jurassic Park Board section
Good idea.
- the Videogames board should be just one and not separated between different gaming platforms. I think that doesn't make much sense, at least for now. Having only one board gives us much more dynamic conversations. I think it should be only the Video Games board
How about a gaming section divided up into board games, video games and other games?

That would be more comprehensive.
- you guys have claimed (if I'm not mistaken) that you are aiming to have individual message boards to individual movies, TV shows and actors; well I think you guys should try to do a similar system to IMDb's - basically make a Search Bar at the top where ewe can type the movie we want and then give us results of the various Message Boards. There's no need to put on the main page those individual boards, it'd be a mess.
It might be too early to worry about that just yet, but it's certainly worth considering in greater depth as the forum grows.