duzit

Member: Rank 6
Yes, but that's not an easy task mind you, it's a tremendous one. If I receive help from other contributors I may think about it, otherwise it's gonna be hard because as it is, my free time is devoted to mantain and improve this forum, I don't think I could have more free time to mantain a movie database, unless it's something that can give me a return of income.
Understood...♡♡♡:):):)

Hux

Time To Get Rid Of The Redundant IMDb Boards.

IMDb has closed down the message boards now so if their users haven't jumped ship already, probably never will.

With that in mind, perhaps the time has come to get rid of the surplus boards (40s TV, 50s TV, Best & Worst, Goofs, Film Festivals, Crew, Fewer Genres etc) and slimline the forum.

Give it its own unique feel.

I'm gonna keep encouraging IMDb2 users to switch (making this place into something original and not just an IMDb knock-off might help with that endeavour).

Last edited by a moderator:

the badwolf

Member: Rank 1
lol think we need to give it a bit more time before we start closing boards. I for 1 joined up here and didn't move until it closed which was this morning. i suspect others have done the same.

CoriSCapnSkip

Member: Rank 2
Rather than Alex, whose achievements are already astounding, attempting to additionally undertake a whole new movie, actor, crew, etc. database, I would like to see this board merge with a site which already has such a database but lacks such an obviously superior board as this. I would certainly share such a website on Facebook and encourage others to participate and donate.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
If you're talking about imdb2 we already go down that route. This site was done originally as an idea to move the people from imdb2 but when it was done, the admin denied wanting to merge so it's now a defunct idea. That site will never merge with this one. People is more than welcomed to register here though

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Tags? Don't forget to add tags to your posts

I totally forgot to do this. I think I finally got all my posts tags with the film titles. Don't forget to do this. It'll help people searching titles, games, etc.

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5
Any chance of getting the "Alerts" (popup and page) and the "Recent Posts" page to inform with a line of content the way the "Your Content" page does?

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
  • Reduced the ammount of Emojis from 1200 to 200. That will severely reduce the time for loading them plus it won't hang browsers anymore.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
I agree with badwolf, plus they are populated now. what I would do is improve the way they are displayed in the next theme revision, which will be much better for browsing the forum.

Nyx

Tumbleweeds around here...

How is this forum going to recruit new members?

CoriSCapnSkip

Member: Rank 2
If you're talking about imdb2 we already go down that route. This site was done originally as an idea to move the people from imdb2 but when it was done, the admin denied wanting to merge so it's now a defunct idea. That site will never merge with this one. People is more than welcomed to register here though
I was talking about Movie Chat and/or The Movie Database--choose the best movie database and message board, combine them, and spread the word.

Nyx

I think the best thing to do is not worry about merging with anyone. This community should concentrate on making this place the best it can be, in order to recruit new members.
That said, the best way to bring people here would be to make a newer, better version of IMDB - meaning a great forum for discussing movies, AND a database for movies and tv. Outdo IMDB at their own game. There is a saying - "If you build it, they will come"!

Hux

I'm using other forums and directing users here.

People joined IMDb2 because it was first up but I think they'll realise, it's actually pretty crap. Thee area51 board collected most of the politics users but is as basic and glitchy as it gets.

The other two are actual databases but with quite terrible forums.

Give it a few weeks/months and people will start to want better options.