Review The Daleks' Master Plan (1965)

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Yep.... Even previously unknown fragments of the old product are preferable to complete swathes of the new product! :emoji_robot:

Doctor Omega

A1RlzDf3HsL._SL1500_.jpg 81x+O0fAPwL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07MBHQYTD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Vinyl (15 Feb. 2019)
  • Collector's Edition edition
  • Number of Discs: 7
  • Format: Box set, Collector's Edition
  • Label: Demon Records
  • ASIN: B07MBHQYTD

Product Description
Demon Music presents a narrated full-cast TV soundtrack adventure starring William Hartnell as the Doctor, in an epic quest to defeat his arch-adversaries, the Daleks. In this classic 12 part 'lost' adventure, first shown on BBC TV from October 1965 to January 1966, the Daleks threaten to destroy the fabric of time itself. In their quest to control the Solar System, they have taken possession of the devastating Time Destructor. Determined to stop them, the Doctor (William Hartnell) steals the core of the weapon. He and his friends are thus pursued across Time and Space by their ruthless, powerful nemeses… Presented across 7 x Heavyweight 180g Blue translucent pieces of vinyl, this narrated TV soundtrack evokes a classic Doctor Who adventure in all its aural magnificence. From the eerie sonics of Ron Grainer & Delia Derbyshire's theme tune, and the familiar 'wheezing, groaning' of the TARDIS, through screaming jungle worlds and an array of spacecraft, the story is alive with weird and wonderful sound. Written by Terry Nation and Dennis Spooner, this is the longest single Doctor Who adventure ever made for television. Linking narration is provided by Peter Purves (Steven) and the cast includes Kevin Stoney as Mavic Chen, Nicholas Courtney as Bret Vyon, Jean Marsh as Sara Kingdom and Peter Butterworth as the Meddling Monk. The film recordings of all but three episodes of this story are lost from the BBC archives. The prelude episode 'Mission to the Unknown' is presented on its own single-sided disc with a unique TARDIS etched reverse. Dummedy-dum, Dummedy-dum, Dummedy-dum, Dum-dum…

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

I think a good approach for animating this epic would be for them to first release MISSION TO THE UNKNOWN and THE MYTH MAKERS as a doublepack animation. The Dalek episode would be the main selling point.

Then later MASTERPLAN as a separate release.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I'd certainly enjoy watching THE MYTH MAKERS, but MISSION TO THE UNKNOWN would be a hell of a teaser for the "main event"...

Doctor Omega

I'm pretty sure they will animate it one day. I never thought they would novelise every Classic TV story, but they have finally got there.... in the end! :emoji_robot: