Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Many phenomenal events have taken place over the centuries....

The extinction of the dinosaurs... This world war... that world war....

But few events had the cultural power and historic magnitude of....

Geri leaving the Spice Girls...

Relive now that dreadful event in the words of Geri herself.... :emoji_head_bandage:

Doctor Omega

Spielberg: “Adventures of Tintin 2” Still Alive

spielberg-adventures-of-tintin-2-still-alive-696x464.jpg

Though it has been seven years since its release, director Steven Spielberg has confirmed that a sequel to “The Adventures of Tintin” is still happening with filmmaker Peter Jackson still attached to direct.

It’s expected the sequel will incorporate two of Herge’s books: “The Seven Crystal Balls” and “Prisoners of the Sun”. Spielberg tells Premiere:

“Peter Jackson has to do the second part. Normally, if all goes well, he will soon start working on the script. As it takes two years of animation work on the film, for you, I would not expect to see it for about three years. But Peter will stick to it. Tintin is not dead!”

How many of the original voice and mo-cap cast like Jamie Bell, Andy Serkis, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost will return is unclear.

The two-part story is set a few months after seven professors return from a Peruvian expedition to discover Incan artifacts. Someone begins putting each of them into a coma via crystal balls containing a powerful gaseous toxin.

Tintin and Haddock race to save the professors and later their colleague Professor Calculus who is kidnapped. The adventure takes them high into the Andes and the discovery of a lost Incan civilization.

The first film's trailer....

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Tintin-mainCast.png

The Adventures of Tintin (French: Les Aventures de Tintin; [lez‿avɑ̃tyʁ də tɛ̃tɛ̃]) is a series of 24 comic albums created by Belgian cartoonist Georges Remi, who wrote under the pen name Hergé. The series was one of the most popular European comicsof the 20th century. By 2007, a century after Hergé's birth in 1907,[1] Tintin had been published in more than 70 languages with sales of more than 200 million copies,[2] and had been adapted for radio, television, theatre, and film.

The series first appeared in French on 10 January 1929 in Le Petit Vingtième (The Little Twentieth), a youth supplement to the Belgian newspaper Le Vingtième Siècle (The Twentieth Century). The success of the series saw the serialised strips published in Belgium's leading newspaper Le Soir (The Evening) and spun into a successful Tintin magazine. In 1950, Hergé created Studios Hergé, which produced the canonical versions of ten Tintin albums.

The series is set during a largely realistic[3] 20th century. Its hero is Tintin, a courageous young Belgian reporter and adventurer. He is aided by his faithful dog Snowy (Milou in the original French edition). Other protagonists include the brash and cynical Captain Haddock and the intelligent but hearing-impaired Professor Calculus (French: Professeur Tournesol), as well as the incompetent detectives Thomson and Thompson (French: Dupont et Dupond) and the opera diva Bianca Castafiore.

The series has been admired for its clean, expressive drawings in Hergé's signature ligne claire ("clear line") style.[4] Its well-researched[5] plots straddle a variety of genres: swashbuckling adventures with elements of fantasy, mysteries, political thrillers, and science fiction. The stories feature slapstick humour, offset by dashes of sophisticated satire and political or cultural commentary.

Doctor Omega

“Scarface” Remake Gets A New Writer

antoine-fuqua-to-helm-scarface-remake-696x464.jpg

Gareth Dunnet-Alcocer (“Miss Bala,” “Contralepo”) has come onboard to pen a rewrite of the “Scarface” remake at Universal Pictures.

The writer takes over from earlier drafts penned by David Ayer, Jonathan Herman and Joel Coen & Ethan Coen.

This third screen incarnation of the story following Howard Hawks’ 1932 and Brian dePalma’s 1983 versions, will be set in Los Angeles and is described as a complete re-imagining.

Antoine Fuqua has returned to direct the project which was previously targeting an August 18th release but is now currently undated. Dylan Clark will produce.

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
I used to love WHODUNNIT in the 1970's, hosted by Jon Pertwee.....

I recently purchased the DVD boxset of Whodunnit. Watched the first one today. I chose an episode at random, and amazingly it was about a spy poisoned by a nerve agent!!
Patrick Mower was on the panel along with Anouska Hempel and Dr Magnus Pyke trying to solve the mystery.
Richard " Robin Hood " Greene was the detective solving the murder in the "play" presented to the panel, along with Richard Davies ( Burton from Delta+ the Bannermen) and Burt Kwouk. Pertwee basically played it like the third Doctor, in other words as himself, keeping the panel in order.
Enjoyable 40 minutes of nostalgia.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Penn Adapts Hasbro’s “ROM” Into A Feature

Zak Penn (“Ready Player One,” “X-Men 2”) has signed onto adapt the Hasbro toy property “ROM” into a live-action film for Allspark Pictures and Paramount Pictures.

Hailing from a utopian society on the planet Galador, ROM is a cyborg who, after defeating the invading Dire Wraith on its planet, continues the battle on Earth and other planets.

As previously reported, Penn is also currently working on a script for Warner Bros that is set in “The Matrix” universe.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

ZZ2C2CD4E8-700x426.jpg

Armada is a science fiction novel by Ernest Cline, published on July 14, 2015 by Crown Publishing Group (a division of Random House).[1][2] The story follows a teenager who plays an online video game about defending against an alien invasion, only to find out that the game is a simulator to prepare him and people around the world for defending against an actual alien invasion.[3]

Wil Wheaton, who narrated the audio book version of Cline's previous novel, Ready Player One, performs the audio book of Armada as well.[4] Plans for a film adaptation are also in process

Reception

Armada was a New York Times bestseller,[5] debuting at #4 and remaining on the list for five weeks.

Contest

As he did with the paperback release of his debut novel Ready Player One, Cline held a video game contest to celebrate the release of the paperback of Armada.[6] Readers could play a web browser version of Phaëton (the faux-retro shooter game featured in the book) and the top scorer won an Oculus Rift. All players who scored at least 525 points in the game won an embroidered "Earth Defense Alliance" patch, another reference to the book and a nod to the Activision patch promotions of the 1980s.

Film adaptation

On December 7, 2015, Cline announced the sale of the film rights to Armada to Universal Pictures for a reported seven-figure sum

See also
  • The Last Starfighter — 1980s science fiction adventure film that inspired this novel. It has the similar premise of playing a video game and being recruited into a real space force.
  • Ender's Game — 1980s science fiction novel and 2010s film.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

“Flash” Scribe To Pen “Armada” Film

flash-scribe-to-pen-armada-film-696x464.jpg

Dan Mazeau (“Wrath of the Titans,” “Flashpoint”) has been tapped to pen the script for “Armada,” a film adaptation of “Ready Player One” author Ernest Cline’s 2015 novel.

The story follows a teenager who plays an online video game about defending against an alien invasion, only to find out that the game is a simulator to prepare him and people around the world for defending against an actual alien invasion.

Like “Ready Player One,” this one is full of pop culture easter eggs though these all tie back to films games and books about alien invasions and military simulations from “Flight of the Navigator” to “The Last Starfighter”.

Random House and Universal picked up the rights in 2012, but the success of ‘Player’ has prompted movement on the project. Dylan Clark and Dan Farah are producing.

Doctor Omega

See also
  • The Last Starfighter — 1980s science fiction adventure film that inspired this novel. It has the similar premise of playing a video game and being recruited into a real space force.

The Last Star Fighter Trailer 1984

The Last Starfighter is an American Space Opera. The film tells the story of Alex Rogan (Lance Guest), an average teenage boy recruited by an alien defense force to fight in an interstellar war.

Doctor Omega

Why You'll Sadly Never Get To See This Batman Film

Despite the declining success of the Batman film franchise in the '90s, Warner Bros. knew that in the right hands, the character was still a goldmine. Even though two-time Batman director Joel Schumacher was interested in making another installment, the studio wanted to start fresh. That's how Darren Aronofsky got a deal to pen a screenplay with Frank Miller to adapt Miller's comic Batman: Year One. That story arc was eventually made as an animated film, but Aronofsky and Miller's screenplay never got developed. Here's why we never got to see it…

Doctor Omega

Halle Berry To Lead “Jagged Edge” Remake

halle-berry-to-lead-jagged-edge-remake-696x464.jpg

Halle Berry is being eyed to lead a remake of Richard Marquand’s 1985 thriller “Jagged Edge” at Sony Pictures.

Glenn Close, Jeff Bridges and Robert Loggia starred in the Joe Eszterhas-penned original which begins when a San Francisco heiress is brutally murdered in her remote beach house and her newspaper publisher husband (Bridges) is accused of committing the gruesome crime.

The publisher hires a lawyer (Close) to defend him, and their chemistry spills into an affair even as they lawyer can’t shake the feeling something isn’t quite right with the case.

Matti Leshem and Doug Belgrad will produce the new take with a search now underway for a writer to draft the new version which has become a priority project.

Doctor Omega

quick-news-akira-predator-toy-girl-quad-696x464.jpg

Akira
The live-action “Akira” film is still very much in development, but filmmaker Taika Waititi has revealed in a recent interview with Dazed that he’s very much focused on a new adaptation of the manga as opposed to a remake of the anime:

“I haven’t really started to get my head around it yet. What I wanted to do was an adaptation of the books, ‘cos a lot of people are like, ‘Don’t touch that film!’ and I’m like, ‘I’m not remaking the film, I want to go back to the book.’ A lot of the people freaking out haven’t even read the books, and there are six gigantic books to go through. It’s so rich. But (the anime) Akira is one of my favourite films; my mum took me to see it when I was 13 and it changed my life.”