Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
00001.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie....

A hitman who is so effective that he’s nicknamed ‘silver bear’ by the Russian underworld. Never failing and immune to the stress of the work, he’s challenged when he takes on the job of killing his father – the U.S. Government’s Speaker of the House and a leading presidential candidate.

Doctor Omega

Michael B. Jordan Is “The Silver Bear”

michael-b-jordan-goes-legal-in-mercy.jpg

Michael B. Jordan (“Black Panther,” “Creed”) will play an assassin named Columbus in “The Silver Bear,” the upcoming potential film franchise launcher based on a book series by “3:10 to Yuma” scribe Derek Haas.

Frank Baldwin (“The Godmother”) has written the script that tells the formative story of a hitman who is so effective he’s nicknamed ‘silver bear’ by the Russian underworld. Never failing and immune to the stress of the work, he’s challenged when he takes on the job of killing his father – the U.S. Government’s Speaker of the House and a leading presidential candidate.

Jordan, Vishal Rungta, Mark Fasano and Ankur Rungta will produce. Lionsgate attempted a franchise launching young hitman film based on a popular book series last year with the Dylan O’Brien-led “American Assassin”. That was savaged by critics and disappointed at the box-office with around $67 million worldwide.

Doctor Omega

00001.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie.....

A film adaption of the iconic 1970 novel “Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret”.

In the story, Margaret is a sixth grader who moves from New York City to Farbrook, New Jersey. Raised by a religiously indifferent Christian mother and Jewish father, she prays to a God she imagines is watching over her.

In addition to a search for faith, she is curious about upcoming changes in her own body and forms a secret club with four other girls where they discuss subjects like boys, bras, and periods. The book is considered a right of passage for generations of women.

Doctor Omega

Brooks To Produce “God? It’s Me Margaret”

brooks-to-produce-god-its-me-margaret-696x464.jpg

James L. Brooks and Kelly Fremon Craig have achieved something no-one else has been able to in nearly five decades – they’ve talked acclaimed author Judy Blume into granting them the film rights to her iconic 1970 novel “Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret”.

In the story, Margaret is a sixth grader who moves from New York City to Farbrook, New Jersey. Raised by a religiously indifferent Christian mother and Jewish father, she prays to a God she imagines is watching over her.

In addition to a search for faith, she is curious about upcoming changes in her own body and forms a secret club with four other girls where they discuss subjects like boys, bras, and periods. The book is considered a right of passage for generations of women.

Fremon Craig, who penned and directed the 2016 Hailee Steinfeld-led coming of age feature “The Edge Of Seventeen,” will adapt and direct the new take which Brooks will produce with Julie Ansell, Richard Sakai and Amy Brooks. Once a script is finalised, only then will a distributor be locked in.

Doctor Omega

00001.jpg

Inspired by the 2006 French film “Mon Meilleur Ami” (aka. “My Best Friend”). The original feature centered on two very different men – one arrogant and cold, the other sweet and talkative – whose lives are thrown together when one accepts a bet to find a best friend and the other agrees to teach him the secret to making friends.

Doctor Omega

“Alienist” Stars Re-Team For “Best Friend”

alienist-stars-re-team-for-best-friend-696x464.jpg

“The Alienist” stars Luke Evans and Daniel Bruhl are set to re-team for a new dramedy feature inspired by the 2006 French film “Mon Meilleur Ami” (aka. “My Best Friend”) for Anonymous Content.

Directed by Patrice Leconte, the original feature centered on two very different men – one arrogant and cold, the other sweet and talkative – whose lives are thrown together when one accepts a bet to find a best friend and the other agrees to teach him the secret to making friends.

Evans and Bruhl will star while “Alienist” co-showrunner E. Max Frye will pen the script and the show’s executive producer Rosalie Swedlin is producing.

Doctor Omega

00001.jpg

The real-life story of the Wiggin sisters.

The trio were musically inept teenagers from New Hampshire who, in 1968, recorded one of the most infamous rock-and-roll albums of all time which is titled “Philosophy of the World”.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

The Shaggs

Elsie Fisher (“Eighth Grade”) is set to lead the musical feature “The Shaggs” based on the real-life story of the Wiggin sisters. Ken Kwapis (“A Walk in the Woods”) will direct, Joy Gregory will write and Alex Beattie will produce.

The trio were musically inept teenagers from New Hampshire who, in 1968, recorded one of the most infamous rock-and-roll albums of all time which is titled “Philosophy of the World”.

Doctor Omega

The Shaggs ~ Philosophy of the World (full album 1969)

TRACKLISTING

1. Philosophy of the World
2. That Little Sports Car
3. Who Are Parents?
4. My Pal Foot Foot
5. My Companion
6. I'm So Happy When You're Near
7. Things I Wonder
8. Sweet Thing
9. It's Halloween
10. Why Do I Feel?
11. What Should I Do?
12."We Have a Savior

Doctor Omega

From Wikipedia:

"Reportedly, during the recording sessions the band would occasionally stop playing, claiming one of them had made a mistake and that they needed to start over, leaving the sound engineers to wonder how the girls could tell when a mistake had been made."

Doctor Omega

00001.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie......

A struggling New York artist named David Smith makes a deal with Death for the supernatural abilities to sculpt anything he wishes, but at the cost of having less than a year to live.

With time ticking away, Smith sees that the path to success isn’t easy to navigate as he tries to find his artistic voice and learn how to handle his powers. Things get more complicated when he falls in love.

Doctor Omega

Cretton To Adapt Comic “The Sculptor”

cretton-to-adapt-comic-the-sculptor-696x464.jpg

“Short Term 12” director Destin Daniel Cretton is teaming up with playwright Michael Mitnick on a film adaptation of Scott McCloud’s acclaimed graphic novel “The Sculptor” setup at 21 Laps and Warner Bros. Pictures.

The story follows a struggling New York artist named David Smith who makes a deal with Death for the supernatural abilities to sculpt anything he wishes, but at the cost of having less than a year to live.

With time ticking away, Smith sees that the path to success isn’t easy to navigate as he tries to find his artistic voice and learn how to handle his powers. Things get more complicated when he falls in love.

Mitnick will write the script with Cretton directing while Shawn Levy and Dan Cohen will produce.

Doctor Omega

00001.jpg

The story is set on Halloween in 1963 in a small Midwestern town where teenage boys eagerly square off with the butcher knife-wielding October Boy and escape a dead-end future in the one-horse town.

Doctor Omega

Dark Harvest

New Regency has acquired the film rights to Norman Partridge’s award-winning horror novel “Dark Harvest” and have set Michael Gilio to pen the film while Matt Tolmach (“Venom,” “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle”) will produce. The story is set on Halloween in 1963 in a small Midwestern town where teenage boys eagerly square off with the butcher knife-wielding October Boy and escape a dead-end future in the one-horse town.

Doctor Omega

00001.jpg

Animated adaption of the role-playing game, which has players loyal to the king being caught in the clutches of the evil Vanestra and turned into mice imprisoned in a seaside castle. They face countless adversaries such as rats, cockroaches, and spiders, and the castle’s house cat Brodie.

Doctor Omega

Mice and Mystics

DreamWorks Animation is in final negotiations to pick up the film rights to Jerry Hawthorne’s board game “Mice and Mystics” with Alexandre Aja attached to direct and co-write the script with David Leslie Johnson (“Aquaman”). Roy Lee and Jon Berg are producing.
The role-playing game has players loyal to the king being caught in the clutches of the evil Vanestra and turned into mice imprisoned in a seaside castle. They face countless adversaries such as rats, cockroaches, and spiders, and the castle’s house cat Brodie.

Doctor Omega

00001.jpg

Your thoughts on this movie......

A feature film adaption of the mobile app “Talking Tom and Friends”.

The app follows a wisecracking cat that responds to gestures made on smartphone or tablet screens, and can animate voice recordings.