Controversial The IMDF Conflict Zone!

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Here's what I said earlier:

"In order words, choose five shows in order of preference. The first on the list gets 5 points, while the last gets 1. The show with the most points wins."
Yeah, as I said earlier to The Seeker...
I'm sure that position 01 receives 5 points and position 05 receives 1 point, but it's always best to play it safe and check.
I just couldn't be absolutely certain with the way you worded it.

It's no big deal. I'm sure it's just down to national or even just regional language idiosyncrasies.

In Australia, it would've been written out as...
In other words, choose five shows in order of preference.
Anyway, it's all been sorted out now.

Mad-Pac

Member: Rank 5
In Australia, it would've been written out as...
In other words, choose five shows in order of preference.
Anyway, it's all been sorted out now.
You do have a good eye for typos, I give you that. :emoji_spy: It took me several minutes to figure out what the heck you were talking about.

ant-mac

You do have a good eye for typos, I give you that. It took me several minutes to figure out what the heck you were talking about.
Oh, that was a typo...

I just thought it was a regional language idiosyncrasy. In the same way that some Americans might say, "a quarter of one" instead of "a quarter to one". Just a regional variation on word usage. Anyway, it's all been sorted out now.

Mad-Pac

Because if it is, as an administrator, you can imagine what I might be capable of.
Oh, I believe you. And whenever I forget it, I'm reminded of it the moment I see your severe and somewhat unfriendly face in your avatar. I think you chose that one to keep people in line. That guy has shifty eyes and definitely is up to no good. Couldn't he just smile a little bit, like this carefree guy?

Palpatine.jpg

Mad-Pac

Oh, that was a typo...

I just thought it was a regional language idiosyncrasy.
Yeah, like that "anybody who is somebody" thing. Nope... It really doesn't make any sense. I type in warp speed sometimes and when my mind goes faster than my eyes and fingers I come up with that kind of stuff.

Last edited:

ant-mac

Oh, I believe you. And whenever I forget it, I'm reminded of it the moment I see your severe and somewhat unfriendly face in your avatar. I think you chose that one to keep people in line. That guy has shifty eyes and definitely is up to no good. Couldn't he just smile a little bit, like this carefree guy?

View attachment 5985
If BLAKE'S 7 is fortunate enough to win through in the selection process, you'll soon become quite familiar with the "severe and somewhat unfriendly face" in my avatar. That's the actor Paul Darrow in the role of Kerr Avon. And looks can be deceiving...

Would you believe that Avon's actually warm and compassionate, not to mention considerate and kindly? He often takes time out to help the weak and the unfortunate. He rarely holds a grudge and often helps those who disagree with him to see the errors of their way through reasoned discussion and debate.

He's one of three fictional characters who had a strong influence upon me growing up. And even to this day, those three are still my favourite fictional characters in all of film and TV.

ant-mac

Yeah, like that "everybody who is somebody" thing. Nope... It really doesn't make any sense. I type in warp speed sometimes and when my mind goes faster than my eyes and fingers I come up with that kind of stuff.
You're actually quite fortunate...

Normally when things go wrong at warp speed, it can turn out to be fatal.

Mad-Pac

If BLAKE'S 7 is fortunate enough to win through in the selection process, you'll soon become quite familiar with the "severe and somewhat unfriendly face" in my avatar. That's the actor Paul Darrow in the role of Kerr Avon. And looks can be deceiving...
Ha! in the beginning I thought it was an old photo of ours, perhaps from some ID card. So this guy isn't Blake then? Up until now I thought he was Blake, otherwise why the avatar of a secondary character? But he looks sinister anyway. Are you sure this is not Mirror Universe Kerr Avon?

Or perhaps MU Kerr Avon would look more like this?

j-avon 04 - Mirror Universe.jpg

ant-mac

Ha! in the beginning I thought it was an old photo of ours, perhaps from some ID card. So this guy isn't Blake then? Up until now I thought he was Blake, otherwise why the avatar of a secondary character? But he looks sinister anyway. Are you sure this is not Mirror Universe Kerr Avon?

Or perhaps MU Kerr Avon would look more like this?

View attachment 5988
Secondary character?!

If B7 does get up, I get the impression you're in for a few surprises...