Controversial The IMDF Conflict Zone!

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Well, Brimfin hasn't voted, and I'm going to wait for him, at least until Sunday. But you already know who's going to win, right? (But Brimfin's vote may be important for other reasons you'll understand.) Besides, someone else might join, as this is a public forum, or some of you us might give the shows a second thought and change their vote in some way. Why the hurry anyway?

As I said, I'm just using the system we have used, like, forever, and we've always had a relaxed amount of time to vote, as something always happens to some of the regulars. Brimfin has been a regular participant for several years so if he can't make it yet, I'm 100% certain he has a very good reason for that. In the next round you guys can change everything and follow totally new procedures, as I predict will happen. Please be patient for a couple more days.
That's a very ambiguous reply...

Do we know who's going to win? Exactly how might Brimfin's vote be important for other reasons we'll understand?

As for other people joining this message board, is there something you know that the rest of us don't? :emoji_confused:

And we're not really in a hurry, but this process has already lasted for quite some time. It'd just be nice to get down to some interesting debates and discussions. :emoji_wink:

And as we're all currently regulars on IMDF, there's not really any "them or us" as the phrase "you guys" might imply. There's only "us". :emoji_relaxed:

ant-mac

Actually... This is our third project on IMDF.
Are yes, but before now, did you have anyone who was already a member of IMDF before your arrival involved in the process?

As for being the third project, hopefully that means it'll be lucky - not that the previous two were not.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Actually... This is our third project on IMDF.

Yeah, but the first under a new dynamic.

I think of it as we are a load of goldfish thrown into a bowl; oldies sussing out the newbies and vice versa, until we settle down into a new team spirit and forge on ahead, having some fun with the BLAKE'S 7 run, which, let's face it, we know it will be.

Speaking of team spirit, I hope that the "you guys" thing melts away at some point, Mad-Pac. I know that new faces take a bit of getting used to, but we are all on the same team already, surely, and hopefully we will all forge good team spirit as time goes on? In that respect feel free to refer to us - the SAGES newbies - individually, (Doc, Ant-Mac etc) rather than collectively as "you guys". :emoji_ghost:

Mad-Pac

Member: Rank 5
I think of it as we are a load of goldfish thrown into a bowl; oldies sussing out the newbies and vice versa, until we settle down into a new team spirit and forge on ahead, having some fun with the BLAKE'S 7 run, which, let's face it, we know it will be
From what I know about fish, usually it's not a good idea to drop different fish in the bowl, as this often means that some fish are just getting an extra meal. (LOL!) Fortunately, we ain't seafood.

ant-mac

From what I know about fish, usually it's not a good idea to drop different fish in the bowl, as this often means that some fish are just getting an extra meal. (LOL!) Fortunately, we ain't seafood.
Ah, but we're all the same "species" of fish...

And as far as I know, none of us are cannibals, so we should be safe.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Also, feel free to step outside the restrictions of this goldfish bowl, Mad-Pac and maybe check a few other boards out on the forum!

What subjects interest you?

Plenty of things on here that could do with a few of your posts!

For example.....

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/has-a-human-being-ever-met-or-encountered-an-alien.1601/

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/does-god-exist.1626/

https://www.imdforums.com/forums/tv-cult.49/

It would be genuinely interesting to see you step outside the SAGES box and pitching in/debating on these and/or plenty of other topics - or even starting your own threads (on shows you love in CULT TV, for instance.).. :emoji_alien:

Last edited:

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Okay guys hold tight. I've done four of these votes and it always stays open for a week.
Mad Pac obviously remembers previous times when there has been a lot of to-ing and fro-ing on the last day and is allowing for that possibility.
This time though one show is so far ahead that change is unlikely. Unless Mad Pac is thinking of contacting the " We hate Blakes7 fan club" and inviting them over.
You wouldn't do that Mad Pac...er of course not!

Mad-Pac

Also, feel free to step outside the restrictions of this goldfish bowl, Mad-Pac and maybe check a few other boards out on the forum!
Yep... Yeah, yeah. This is *exactly* why I'm waiting for Brimfin's vote and what I want to talk about once voting here is concluded without a shadow of doubt. But that's for later. You know, just to add a stereotypical joke, I'm a Latino and we do everything more slowly... (And we're very much attached to procedures, apparently.)

Last edited:

Brimfin

Member: Rank 3
Okay, did not mean to take so long to vote. Here are my selections:

1. Welcome to Paradox
2. Alien Nation
3. Dead Like Me
4. The Time Tunnel
5. 3%

Thank you for waiting.

Mad-Pac

OK. Does anybody want to change anything in his votes? (Anybody's, not Brimfin's...) If the answer is a resounding "no," I'll announce the victory of "you-know-which-show" tomorrow. Let me just prepare a couple things.

ant-mac

This is the latest update of the votes so far with the latest changes...

Mad-Pac:
  1. Welcome to Paradox
  2. Alien Nation
  3. Awake
  4. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
  5. 3%
CSM1:
1. Blake's 7
2. Dead Like Me
3. Land Of The Giants
4. I, Claudius
5. Black Mirror
The Seeker:
1 Blake’s 7
2. Welcome to Paradox
3 3%

4. Dead Like Me
5. Wayward Pines
Gavin:
1. Blake's 7
2. Star Cops
3. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
4. Land of the Giants
5. Catweazle
Michaellevenson:
1.Blakes7
2.Star Cops
3.The Omega Factor
4.I Claudius
5.Black Mirror
ant-mac:
01. BLAKE'S 7
02. HOOTEN AND THE LADY
03. THE OMEGA FACTOR
04. CATWEAZLE
05. TERMINATOR: THE SARAH CONNOR CHRONICLES
Doctor Omega:
1. Blake's 7
2. Star Cops
3. Catweazle
4. Life on Mars
5. Land of the Giants
Cloister56:
1) Star Cops
2) Awake
3) 3%
4) The Omega Factor
5) Blake's 7
johnnybear:
1,Space 1999
2, The Time Tunnel
3, Blakes 7
4, Land of The Giants
5, Life On Mars
Brimfin:
1. Welcome to Paradox
2. Alien Nation
3. Dead Like Me
4. The Time Tunnel
5. 3%

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
1. Blake's 7
2. Space 1999
4. Star Cops
5. Welcome to Paradox
I'm going to change my vote slightly.

1. Blake's 7
2. Star Cops
4. Land of the Giants
5. Catweazle

Last edited:

Mad-Pac

I'm going to change my vote slightly.
See, everybody? This always happens! Which is great, because I want you to be certain about what you're doing.

NOW can we count the votes? Wanna know what? I'll announce the winners tomorrow just to give you enough time.

@Gavin, please change the color of your votes. I asked votes to be in green, but your fake (old) votes are in green and your real (new) votes are in blue, and that's pretty confusing.

Last edited:

ant-mac

See, everybody? This always happens! Which is great, because I want you to be certain about what you're doing.

NOW can we count the votes? Wanna know what? I'll announce the winners tomorrow just to give you enough time.

@Gavin, please change the color of your votes. I asked votes to be in green, but your fake (old) votes are in green and your real (new) votes are in blue, and that's pretty confusing.
Okay, go ahead and count the votes.

I look forward to everyone accepting the will of the majority and participating together in an enjoyable debate and discussion about the winner.

Mad-Pac

Okay, go ahead and count the votes.

I look forward to everyone accepting the will of the majority and participating together in an enjoyable debate and discussion about the winner.
I was going to do this now, but this last move by Gavin gave me pause. Which is good, because it'll take a little while to prepare everything. And don't even worry about will acceptance, things will be totally fine in the end.

ant-mac

I was going to do this now, but this last move by Gavin gave me pause. Which is good, because it'll take a little while to prepare everything. And don't even worry about will acceptance, things will be totally fine in the end.
Totally fine for whom?

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
Updated now. I'll stop looking at all the options now and be satisfied with my vote, because there are too many interesting shows. I want to watch about 3/4 of them.