Fun The Last Movie That You Watched?

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Have never heard of it MMP, but again, it looks interesting. I spotted Ernest Borgnine in the trailer too.

Apparently it also went under the title "Mafia Kid" at one point.

Mad_Monster_Party

Sandbox Chief Commissioner
Yes you're right! Ernest Borgnine was in it I believe.

And you bring up a good point about the title. When I was doing some research about it, I noticed that people still alternate between the two titles (Spike of Bensonhurst is the more common one though).

Thanks for the comment!

Hux

Member: Rank 6
The Greasy Strangler.

Weird shit. There was a scene at the beginning that I couldn't stop laughing at but otherwise, it wasn't that funny in truth.

Janine The Barefoot

Wacky Norwegian Woman
Death at a Funeral 2007 (Brit version w/Alan Tudyk, Peter Dinklage, Matthew Macfedyen, Keely Hawes, Daisy Donovan, Rupert Graves etc...). Hysterically funny, pee your pants comedy of errors involving a dead body, a bottle of "Valium" and what happens when family misfortune & closeted secrets collide with colossal stupidity. The perfect ensemble cast who effortlessly prove that we (unlike them) simply cannot create intellectual comedy without falling on our arses! Proof of this theory of mine can also be found in Steven Moffat's "Coupling". A show which, like this film, we copied virtually verbatim and still landed in the weeds on.

Although, unlike Australia, we didn't actually pull it from broadcast halfway through the first episode. Gotta love the Aussies. If it stinks, it's outta there right now ! And I have to admit, I would have loved to have been among the apparently few and probably confused viewers when that happened!..... Go Aussies!

Carol

Member: Rank 5
:)~ The last movie I've seen tonight was Romeo & Juliet(1968). The Franco Zeffirelli version and later on I will watch the 1996 Baz Luhrman's version. I luv them both so much.:emoji_heart_decoration: But I have to admit that Zeffirelli version is closer the the play.

*~ :emoji_performing_arts:~*

Have a treat and get hold of Gnomeo and Juliet too - it will fill out a splendid trilogy!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
:emoji_musical_score:
"
Ask me if I need him

Get him out of my way
These are
These are the games
These are the games
These are the only games I play"

By: Falsettos

Carol

Member: Rank 5
An offbeat movie for sure. And the ending is unlike any other Robin Hood movie I've seen.
Hope you liked it - and the ending is so much closer to versions of the story before Hollywood ran with it. Have you seen the recent (ish) BBC series, or even better, the classic Robin of Sherwood series from way back? Both winners!

CarlCarlson

Member: Rank 1
The Founder (2016) - one of the best IMO. I've seen it a few times which is very rare for me.
John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017) - it was really well done but one of the worst. Its like watching a violent video game movie in entirety.

TerryGG

Easy one, what was the last movie you watched? Doesn't matter where or how, what matters is the movie.

The Last movie I saw was Damien Chazelle's WHIPLASH because I was testing out the new sound system I had installed for my projector and oh boy was it an awesome experience.
I rewatched Inception again. It's still a perfect movie.
Then that made me wanna watch some movies that had the cast of Inception in it like 28 Days Later and The Revenant. Cillian Murphy is almost unrecognizable in 28 Days Later vs Inception. I still cannot believe that it's the same actor playing those very different roles. The accents are completely opposite each other. His mannerisms as well. And Tom Hardy is just brilliant in both Inception and The Revenant. When is that guy gonna win an Oscar for chrissakes?

Gary L

Easy one, what was the last movie you watched? Doesn't matter where or how, what matters is the movie.
I'm still not sure what to make of 'Nocturnal Animals'. A first thought was take the beginning and ending off and I would like it better. But I like Amy Adams a lot so it was worth it. Plus I like Gyllenhaal and Shannon, so it was worth it. Interesting seeing Jena Malone too. I though, gee all I need is Drew Barrymore. But another Lynchian movie, pretty gritty. It reminded me of 'Third Person' the interspersing of the now and images from a novel as seen in a character's mind. The film might remind you of major mistakes you made in your life as it did me. So I'd recommend it to anyone.
---------------------------------------------------------------
The Last movie I saw was Damien Chazelle's WHIPLASH because I was testing out the new sound system I had installed for my projector and oh boy was it an awesome experience.

Last edited:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Not really, maybe wondering how 'Burn Country' will be?
No worries. I was just slightly bemused by your previous post.

As for BURN COUNTRY, there's one way to find out about it. If you happen to get the opportunity, go and see it.

Then let us know what you thought of it. :emoji_grinning:

Gary L

No worries. I was just slightly bemused by your previous post.

As for BURN COUNTRY, there's one way to find out about it. If you happen to get the opportunity, go and see it.

Then let us know what you thought of it. :emoji_grinning:
I use Family Video. I mentioned to the clerk about 'Burn Country', that if Franco is in it it's usually pretty good. She said 'I don't know'.

I liked 'Everything Will Be Fine'. Interesting story, the writer haunted by an auto accident, he inadvertently kills a child. Charlotte Gainsbourg is quite good in that. Actually she usually stuns for me, one of the better actresses. And Wenders always gives you something to look at. No telling what Franco will do.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Here's a question for everyone. Which is worse, a bad sequel where everyone from the first film is involved, or a sequel-in-name-only, usually direct-to-video, where they take the name and either a setting or some bastardization of the plot/story, and release it knowing that folks will watch it only because of the name association?

I'm going with the second one, only because immediately the movie that came to mind was 8MM 2. The first film, while flawed, was entertaining, and caused me to go home and get drunk because of how disturbing the premise was. It, however, did not leave anything open for a sequel. I found the "sequel" on TV one night, and attempted to watch it. Horrible.