Fun The Last Movie That You Watched?

MovieKnut

Member: Rank 2
Cinema: John Wick 2 (Tuesday night). Very good example of the switch off, relax and enjoy the ridiculous mayhem type.

At home: Alien (last night). First 18 rated (or X certificate as it was back then) movie that I saw in the cinema. Still impresses today. Great script, Wonderful production and a fine cast. Sir Ridley was definitely on top of his game here.

Last edited:

elanor

Member: Rank 3
A fun film for me. Just feel, don't think. I have watched it repeatedly and always with great gusto. I prefer it to most Marvel pictures.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
WAR OF THE SATELLITES (1958) 3/5.

A low budget, black and white film, that was rapidly conceived, filmed and released to exploit the international media frenzy surrounding the launch of the Russian satellite, Sputnik, in 1957. The film was produced and directed by Roger Corman. It stars Richard Devon, Dick Miller and Susan Cabot. It was distributed in the USA and the UK by Allied Artists. For what it is, it is surprisingly entertaining and quite good overall.

Sunflower007

Member: Rank 3

:emoji_relaxed:~ Took your advice Carol and decided to see Gnomeo & Juliet. It was a sweet & funny twist of Romeo & Juliet. I loved it a lot and so did my little nieces. I give it ten stars. Heard that they were going to make part two.

*~:emoji_ghost:~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
:emoji_musical_score:
"Ask me if I need him

Get him out of my way
These are
These are the games
These are the games
These are the only games I play"

By: Falsettos

Gary L

Member: Rank 1
I use Family Video. I mentioned to the clerk about 'Burn Country', that if Franco is in it it's usually pretty good. She said 'I don't know'.

I liked 'Everything Will Be Fine'. Interesting story, the writer haunted by an auto accident, he inadvertently kills a child. Charlotte Gainsbourg is quite good in that. Actually she usually stuns for me, one of the better actresses. And Wenders always gives you something to look at. No telling what Franco will do.
I liked 'Burn Country' well enough. It reminded me of Twin Peaks and Fargo (the movie) alternately. An Afghani journalist, Osman (Dominic Rains) emigrates to a California mountain village. The town is small with eccentric people, more or less tribes like the fellow saw back home. He wants to continue journalism but all the local paper has is 'the police blotter' (it reminded me of 'The Shipping News' there where the printer wants to work at the local newspaper but all they offer is 'the shipping news', what boats dock at the local harbor). So he is befriended by a local police officer, a woman (as in Fargo) (Melissa Leo) who lets him go with her on some calls. They get involved with Lindsay (James Franco), a bohemian who has a difficult relationship with his neighbors. Osman learns a lot. All together a small, odd movie, and interesting to look at.

Last edited:

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
Palindromes is probably avant-garde, but I refuse to watch it because THEY KILLED DAWN WEINER

I've seen The Exterminating Angel, Eraserhead, Un Chien Andelou, La Jetee, Brazil, The Seventh Seal, Pan's Labyrinth (not sure if that's avant-garde or not), and probably others I can't recall at this moment.

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
Death Race 2050 (2017)
Its not even a bad remake, it has the tone of the original movie, but definitely not as good as the original.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
I honestly find it truly sad that no one ever places Terence Fisher on any lists of greatest directors of all time. He made some of the greatest horror films of all time at Hammer. If ever there was a director that should be given more praise than he has been given, it is Fisher.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
NOT OF THIS EARTH (1957) 3/5.

An enjoyable little American black-and-white science fiction film that was produced and directed by Roger Corman. It was written by Charles B Griffith and Mark Hanna. It stars Paul Birch, Beverly Garland, Morgan Jones and William Roerick. With a running time of approximately 70 minutes, it doesn’t waste time. It tells its simple and straightforward story in a simple and straightforward manner. Not too bad at all.

Anouk

Member: Rank 1
In case anybody cares.

My last post on the now extinct IMDb forums was about The Room - yeah, the best bad film possibly ever made.

It was about Lisa wearing a little black dress, which is always a lesson in style. This one in particular had a side slit up to her ass, and then, later on, her girl friend is wearing it. Even Johnny comments on it before the friend leaves on a hurry. I asked about the significance of this exchange of clothes.