Fun The Last Movie That You Watched?

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5
I really enjoyed this years and years ago, and revisited it recently to find it still holds up. The scene near the end where the truck is going off the cliff, accompanied by what sounds like the roar of a lion or bear, made that vehicle a living being. Spectacular shot.

What's the film with the guy from Big Trouble in Little China with a similar theme?

duzit

Member: Rank 6
The Judge (2014)
In "The Judge," Robert Downey Jr. stars as big city lawyer Hank Palmer, who returns to his childhood home where his estranged father, the town's judge (Robert Duvall), is suspected of murder. He sets out to discover the truth and along the way reconnects with the family he walked away from years before. -- (C) Warner Bros.

Excellent cast, good acting by all players. Would highly recommend this movie. Downey is exceptional.
He is far more than just Iron Man. Don't pass this one up, you'll be missing a good one...

duzit

I saw this year's ago too, but I still remember the fear of God that the faceless truck made me feel.
Dennis Weaver conveyed this feeling in every scene. It is a good film worth watching...

Gavin

VIP
I remember picking up the book in a second hand book shop some time after having seen the movie and after reading it thinking "what were they thinking when they wrote the script?" The book was so much better and I'd love to see a decent movie based on it.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I remember picking up the book in a second hand book shop some time after having seen the movie and after reading it thinking "what were they thinking when they wrote the script?" The book was so much better and I'd love to see a decent movie based on it.
Snap!

Although whenever I read through the original trilogy, I always picture Jenny Agutter as Jessica. :emoji_blush:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Is the McFarlane in your title meant to be spelt with an "E" or an "A"?

I looked it up and I can't find anything on the subject.

And is it Todd McFarlane, or another person?

The Seeker

What films over two hours have you been able to sit all the way through (without falling asleep)? Here's my list:

Solaris (1972) - 169 minutes
Yacoubian Building (2006) - 162 minutes
Metropolis (1927) - 148 minutes
2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) - 148 minutes
3 Idiots (2009) - 164 minutes
Ran (1985) - 162 minutes
Amadeus (1984) - 180 minutes

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
I've seen most of those and made it through. Haven't seen Ran and Yacoubian.

But I will have to add all LOTR and Harry Potter movies to that list though. I've seen so many movies that had a longer runtime than 2 hours, even boring ones lol. I can binge series all day if I am even remotely interested, so 2 hours means so little to me

The Seeker

I tried to watch LOTR (the first one) in the theater, but I was with Dad and he complained the whole time how boring it was so I really couldn't concentrate.