Fun The Last Movie That You Watched?

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Terrifier (2017) - There is absolutely no plot to this film. However, that isn't why a dyed in the wool horror fan should see this. This is a bloody (see what I did there?) brilliant homage to the slasher films of the 80s. Art the Clown is as iconic as Freddy, Jason or Michael, and maybe even more terrifying. It has the look of an old grindhouse film, lots of gore, and some tits. The kills are wonderfully done with practical effects, and the budget for blood alone must have been pretty high. For a movie funded through IndieGoGo, this was outstanding. 4/5

chainsaw_metal1

Slender Man (2018) - Movie based on a character from a creepypasta. If you value your sanity avoid this picture. It's the most boring hour and a half I've ever experienced, and I once took sociology in college from a professor who was so monotone he could put meth addicts to sleep. 1/5

chainsaw_metal1

Ghost Stories (2017) - British horror in three vignettes. A skeptic who has spent his life on television exposing hoaxes is handed three cases from a fellow skeptic that he was never able to solve. Honestly, that's about all I can reveal without giving anything away. The ending is a little cliche, but the rest of the film makes up for it, and there were honestly moments where I was genuinely scared. 5/5!

chainsaw_metal1

I thought that exact thing! The dream-like quality to the film, the absolute creepiness, genuine scares. I could have seen Cushing in the Martin Freeman role.

chainsaw_metal1

Joyeux Noel (2005) - A fictionalized tale based on the true story of the Christmas Truce of 1914 that took place along the Western Front in World War I. Wonderful writing, beautifully shot, and brilliantly acted. While not a historically accurate tale, it does reflect the feelings of the soldiers involved and the idiocy that came from those at the top, and is overall a very touching film. 4/5.

Mad_Monster_Party

Sandbox Chief Commissioner
What did you think? A reviewer I watch on YouTube really disliked it, saying that the jokes were terrible and went on for far too long (common with modern comedy). He also said it felt too ad-libbed.

That really looks pretty good.
It was pretty good. It seemed like a normal Will Ferrell movie to me to be honest. So that’s a good start as to wheather or not you might like it or not.:emoji_man_dancing:

Last edited:

clayton-12

Member: Rank 4
The descent part 1&2
I thought The Descent was a really great, inventive horror, and I was really impressed by the way that it set itself up as an action-adventure flick, then took a completely unexpected turn and went off in completely different direction (in a similar fashion to Bone Tomahawk a few years later). I wasn't aware there was a sequel, and can't imagine that the second film would have that advantage of the viewer never knowing where the film was going. How did number two stack up against the original?

chainsaw_metal1

Ip Man 3 (2015) - Donnie Yen returns as the legendary Wing Chun instructor Ip Man in this installment in the saga. This time, Master Ip has settled into retirement, living in Hong Kong with his wife and youngest son. There are three different plots going on, involving an American businessman trying to buy the property the local school, his goons causing trouble, a would-be Master vying for Ip's spot as the best, and Ip's wife dying of cancer. It's not the most cohesive of movies, but as always, Yen is amazing to watch in action, and for the fight scenes alone it's worth the watch. Even if you have to deal with Mike Tyson (?!?) playing the American businessman (luckily, he's not in the film for very long). 3/5

croft_alice

Member: Rank 4
I thought The Descent was a really great, inventive horror, and I was really impressed by the way that it set itself up as an action-adventure flick, then took a completely unexpected turn and went off in completely different direction (in a similar fashion to Bone Tomahawk a few years later). I wasn't aware there was a sequel, and can't imagine that the second film would have that advantage of the viewer never knowing where the film was going. How did number two stack up against the original?
Not so great,but it was enjoyable