Review The Missing Episodes

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
MISSING EPISODES ANNIVERSARY......

12TH APRIL 1969......

Today is a very special day: the 50th anniversary of the transmission of Episode 6 of The Space Pirates and therefore the last screening of a missing 60s Who episode in the UK, meaning that no black-and-white missing Who episode/story has been seen in the UK for at least 50 years. Come on, Phil, put it right.

Fifty years ago, today..............

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/the-space-pirates-1969.3677/

Doctor Omega

All I have seen is word of mouth on Mondas that it is 2020, JB Very early in the year I bet. Seems a bit daft to miss the Christmas Market if this is the case though. They are already taking pre-orders on Amazon....

. And I just realised that they are animating ALL six episodes in colour and widescreen (with black and white option).

The surviving episode 1 and 3 are to be included as a bonus on the release.

Doctor Omega

So they're animating episodes one and three? Whatever for? If they don't need to it seems silly!
JB

I think it's part of the deal with whoever is helping to fund the animations. They are insisting on a full story in a particular format that they can potentially broadcast in the future, not one that switches aspect ratios and formats and confuses the poor modern viewer.

Never thought I would see the day when the actual episodes of Classic Who became special features though. :emoji_head_bandage:

Doctor Omega

Someone has tweeted a picture of what appears to be the can of Episode 2 of
THE WHEEL IN SPACE

The missing episode forums are ablaze with raised hopes.

Until this is debunked or confirmed, here is the reconstruction of the episode from Loose Cannon......

It's a fake. Been exposed on Mondas as a hoax by someone who did the same fake labelling with a Web 3 can and who has now moved on to doing the same with a fake Crusade can.