Review The Missing Episodes

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
https://twitter.com/InflatableDalek/status/1091663095288729600

They've got a paper trail for the first 3 Hartnell's to Tel Aviv, and people have seen 60's Who tapes on the shelves, but the station insists it was nevet shown there and won't let them look.

For clarity (from speaking to him afterwards), Tel Aviv were sent telerecordings of just the first two episodes of Marco Polo as a taster (I'm not sure if for the whole series or just the story), and this stands a good chance of being what was seen by a technician there in 2012.

Doctor Omega

Doctor Who - The Missing Episodes | Part 4 | The Savages, The Smugglers & The Tenth Planet

Today we discuss The Savages, The Smugglers & The Tenth Planet! We also look into the censor clips, cut by Australian and New Zealand classification departments! For once, censorship is a good thing, because we get to view moments thought lost forever! In this 9 part series, we explore what exists of each missing episode, how we can find original prints, animations, reconstructions and fun behind the scenes facts!

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Doctor Who - The Missing Episodes | Part 5 | Power of the Daleks, Highlanders & Underwater Menace

Today we discuss The Power of the Daleks, The Highlanders and The Underwater Menace! We also look into what a 16mm/35mm film print is, and how it is different to a telerecording. Also, explaining what a telerecording even is... Guest appearance by Peter Purves, thanks to Ben Jolly for getting us in contact! In this 9 part series, we explore what exists of each missing episode, how we can find original prints, animations, reconstructions and fun behind the scenes facts!

Doctor Omega

Two missing episodes confirmed to be in the hands of a private collector.......

discussed near the end of this podcast.....

“On this very podcast you talked about collectors out there that perhaps owned one or two Dr Who episodes. Is that still the case?”

“It is, yes.”

“Yes? And (jokingly) who are these collectors? Where do they live?”

“OK. So obviously I can’t talk about who these people are but...Well there’s one particular guy ....etc etc.

And later..... at 56:10 mins onwards......

“What I would say about these two films with this film collector”

http://www.radiofreeskaro.com/

Last edited:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
rumours that EARTHSHOCK has been found.......

I could be mistaken, but I've heard that when Tegan referred to herself as "a mouth on legs", that was part of an explicit scene that featured nudity and cybersex.

Of course, due to the fact that so much of that serial remains missing, there is no way to confirm or deny these rumours.

Doctor Omega

The Tegan/mouth on legs scene has entered into fan legend, of course, but I also had a friend who insisted - INSISTED DAMMIT!!!! - that Adric was sprawled naked on the bed when the Doctor sneaked into his bedroom to discuss "making more time" for him. As this particular scene was not telesnapped it remains one of many televisual mysteries connected with EARTHSHOCK, especially the Scott saying: "I realise that going down again must be.... hard!" scene. Fans say it was taking place in dimly lit caves and you couldn't see much, although apparently a helmet was visible.

If there are any particular stories that i would love to be found it is classics (which had no telesnaps that we know of) like TIME-FLIGHT and WARRIORS FROM THE DEEP. Even now older fans turn white and speak in hushed tones of the "horrifying" Myrka and Ingrid Pitt's "doing something" with it. If anything, this story in particular seems to have left a deep mark on those who saw it upon it's original broadcast.

There are those rumours, of course, that Episode One of PLANET OF FIRE has been found, but that it is stuck together for some reason, connected with vinegar - or something.

And will we ever find out what "craggy knob" Colin was referring to in THE TWIN DILEMMA? Production notes insist that neither JNT or Gary Downie were in the studio that day, so the mystery deepens.

It is truly tragic that huge swathes of the '80 have been lost, while the '60's and 70's have remained largely untouched. I would swap the whole of THE WAR GAMES for one solitary clip or even just a photo of the Ergon or a Bandril,

I think that the visual mysteries of many of the missing '80s episodes adds to the charm of Classic Who though in a way, with what exactly popped out of the box in KINDA being a prime example. It made Doctor Todd scream, whatever it was.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Yes, I heard about the scene in Adric's bedroom. However, I also heard that in that scene, JNT was actually hiding under the bed, but I'm not quite sure what purpose the hole in the mattress served... :emoji_confused:

I also believe that the scene with Scotts: "I realise that going down again must be.... hard!" and Tegan's: "I'm just a mouth on legs" are actually must more closely related than previously thought. Although the exact nature of the close relation is unclear.

And I must confess that Iwas one of those older fans who saw the original, uncut version of WARRIORS FROM THE DEEP. I'll never forget it. Even after all these years, I still find it difficult to discuss the horrific accident that was caught on film. In theory it was a simple scene. The actors inside the Myrka costume were meant to chase Ingrid Pitt down a corridor - in true Classic Who style - and she was meant to escape through a door at the end, which she was meant to shut and lock behind her. Unfortunately, when the moment came, the door stuck and wouldn't open. The actors inside the Myrka costume couldn't see what was happening and came barreling the corridor behind her...

Ingrid swung around and, quite naturally, attempted to defend herself. She landed a first-class judo kick into the front of the lead Myrka actor, who promptly stopped in his tracks. However, the actor "in the rear", if you'll pardon the unfortunate turn of phrase, kept going, head down and full steam ahead. I don't believe the lead actor ever walked properly again and his partner developed a fear of confined spaces afterwards...

And in my opinion, you can have all the telesnaps of the Ergon and the Bandrils you wish. What I really want to know is more about that rumour-ridden classic, SNAKEDANCE. Surely not all of the stories about it can be true. And then there's TIMELASH. I would kill to see thatclassic. I hear it featured the return of the Rani and the Master in it. However, this time there was a special Gallifreyan whip involved and apparently, we finally learned about how the Master earned his name.

Doctor Omega

Latest hoax/rumour posted on the comments of the video below......

Was talking with my Uncle/Godfather the other day and I’ve learnt something tragic and incredible... Evil of the Daleks Part 6 still exists! He was up in London one day and walked into a shop that sold LP etc. He went to the front desk and saw a film reel, he asked what was inside, the owner got it out and showed him. Evil of the Daleks Episode 6, he immediately wanted to buy it as he’s a bigger Doctor Who fan than me. Owner was charging £5,000 for it and wouldn’t take credit cards. My Uncle immediately went to a cash point to get the funds but was delayed on the way back because of a protest going on nearby. When he got back to the shop, it was gone... someone else had bought it while he was out... so start talking with any private collectors to see if they have it!

And the episode in question.......

Doctor Omega

I still don't understand what they are on about yet. My first thought was that it was something like the Peter Cushing recreation for ROGUE ONE. But I am really not sure.