Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Doctor Who - Behind the Screen. December 1988

BBC documentary looking at the (then) recently opened Space Adventure in Tooley Street London, an interview with (then) producer J-N-T, and a preview of the next story - The Greatest Show in the Galaxy

Doctor Omega

I love this....

A mischievousTroughton getting told off by two other Doctors during filming.....

Dr Who - Pertwee and Troughton Jelly Baby

This is an out take from the film 'The 5 Doctors' where, of all things, Patrick Troughton offers Jon Pertwee a Jelly Baby... Apparently it's the official Time Lord approuved candy... even off camera.

Doctor Omega

The First Farewell - Full HD Colourisation

I’ve always been fascinated by restorations of old movies, so I thought I'd finally give it a go. This is my attempt at restoring, in full 16:9 High Definition Colour, one of the most famous speeches in Doctor Who history. Done entirely within After Effects, Photoshop, and Premiere. Music: Goodbye Susan - An Adventure in Space and Time You can like me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/JohnSmithVFX

Doctor Omega

Jackie Tyler in Last Episode of Classic Who?

77f5bc0f8dda6708a8c96516cb8b6aa0.jpg

source.gif

But were they, in fact, complete strangers?

Fans now like to speculate that Jackie Tyler makes an appearance at the end of SURVIVAL.....

From 1:55 onwards....

BJS

Member: Rank 1
I was just thinking of a fanfic where 2018 Sarah Sutton wakes up as Nyssa inside the show. Especially as Nyssa was implied to be um more "chesty" than Sarah. A nearly sixty something woman waking up in an eighteen year old body will also throw her for a loop.

Doctor Omega

s-l1600.jpg

This is the definitive set of interviews with the team of unsung heroes who brought the monsters in DOCTOR WHO to life and sent you behind the sofa ! This special release contains I WAS A DOCTOR WHO MONSTER!, hosted by the Seventh Doctor SYLVESTER McCOY, and five in-depth interviews with RAY CUSICK (Dalek Designer), CY TOWN (Dalek Operator), MICHAEL WISHER (Davros), DAVID BANKS (Cyberleader) and JACK PITT (Monster Man)! Meet a menagerie of people who played monsters as diverse as VOORD, DALEKS, CYBERMEN, YETI, FISH PEOPLE and MARSHMEN ... the list is endless! For all DOCTOR Who fans, this 2 DISC special collector s edition is 5 hours of pure nostalgia, which will give you a whole new insight into the making of your favourite science fiction series! SPECIAL FEATURE: Introduction by NICHOLAS BRIGGS & Producer KEITH BARNFATHER

Doctor Omega

I was that Doctor Who Monster

This is a Short little information video about 'I Was That Doctor Who Monster' this video was aired in 1993 before the repeat of 'Planet of the Daleks' to mark the 30th Aniversary of Doctor who.

Doctor Omega

s-l1600 (1).jpg

The only time John Levene worked with BIG FINISH...

It did not go happily apparently, for some reason and he has never worked with them since.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
The "Living with Levene" documentary on the Claws of Axos dvd was very interesting.
Was that on the original release?

It's been a few years since I've watched it.

I can still remember how the environment shown in the TV version differed so much from the description in the novelization...

Doctor Omega

Long time since I read the novelisation.

I keep meaning to read them in reverse season order, starting with BATTLEFIELD, rather than make another failed attempt to tackle the range starting with AN UNEARTHLY CHILD yet again.

The documentary is on the Special Edition....

911hT7qCuIL._SL1500_.jpg

Although some of these special editions are, I think, a little dubious - and barely seem worth the re-release.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Long time since I read the novelisation.

I keep meaning to read them in reverse season order, starting with BATTLEFIELD, rather than make another failed attempt to tackle the range starting with AN UNEARTHLY CHILD yet again.

The documentary is on the Special Edition....

View attachment 7082

Although some of these special editions are, I think, a little dubious - and barely seem worth the re-release.
The last time I read THE CLAWS OF AXOS, I was under 12 years-of-age. I was still a few years away from seeing the serial on TV for the first time.

I don't own the special edition of it. I just buy the first version of any DOCTOR WHO serial I come across. So long as it has the complete serial in the best possible condition, that'll do me.

Doctor Omega

John Levene makes the extraordinary claim in the documentary that the UNIT team was actually he, Jon and Katie - and that Nick C. was not really part of the team as his sense of humour was different from theirs and that he spent most of the time down the pub, which irritated Jon Pertwee.

Regardless of that, I think that Nick had an extraordinary chemistry with the others, and made him hugely important in the success of UNIT.

He also says that he knew the UNIT era's time was up when Tom Baker turned up and it was clear that Tom had an ego and didn't want to be part of a team. Which does sound like Tom admittedly.

He also says he would make an appearance in present day Who like a shot.

It would have been - and still would be - nice to see Brigadier Benton make an appearance.

However, both RTD and the Great Lord Moff seemed to have both forgotten his phone number.

Which also sounds very much like them, admittedly. :emoji_rage: