johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
It's no good, BBC, I'm sorry.

I simply cannot be arsed to collect the whole show for a third time after VHS and DVD. :emoji_confounded:
If I was to collect the Blu's then for me it would be the fifth time I'm sure! I first started recording the soundtracks of Doctor Who in 1977 with the Face of Evil and then with the last few serials of Tom's tenure I began videoing the show! Then after years of having a selected library of Who I started buying them on official BBC VHS and after that in came the DVDs! but now it's just too much to start buying them one more time until some other system comes in and they offer them in that description one more time!!!
JB

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
If I was to collect the Blu's then for me it would be the fifth time I'm sure! I first started recording the soundtracks of Doctor Who in 1977 with the Face of Evil and then with the last few serials of Tom's tenure I began videoing the show! Then after years of having a selected library of Who I started buying them on official BBC VHS and after that in came the DVDs! but now it's just too much to start buying them one more time until some other system comes in and they offer them in that description one more time!!!
JB
I have home audio recordings, bought audio recordings, home video cassette recordings, bought VHS, bought DVD and home PVR recordings.

johnnybear

Can't say I know of them to be honest! I'm so tempted to have quality episodes of my favourite shows on Blu-Ray but it's the cost not only to the pocket but to my sanity as well! My portable television upstairs gives me a great picture on most of my DVDs in comparison with the flat screen downstairs! Maybe when the TV breaks down I'll have to slip in the odd favourite here and there...
JB

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Can't say I know of them to be honest! I'm so tempted to have quality episodes of my favourite shows on Blu-Ray but it's the cost not only to the pocket but to my sanity as well! My portable television upstairs gives me a great picture on most of my DVDs in comparison with the flat screen downstairs! Maybe when the TV breaks down I'll have to slip in the odd favourite here and there...
JB
Well, the PVR recordings are the same quality as DVDs or Blu-ray.

Personally, I think DVDs are fine. I have no intention of wasting my money on Blu-rays.

johnnybear

Maybe he was an alternate version of the Second Doctor a bit like Richard E.Grant was for the Ninth and Jodie something or other will be for the Thirteenth or should that be Fifteenth? The BBC don't even know their own chronology of Doctors!
JB

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Yes, really sad timing.

I notice that the Doctors have been dying in chronological order so far too.Yet I can't help but expect Colin to go before Tom, simply because of all that excess weight and getting stressed and angry about polls, etc.

johnnybear

Well that theory is out of date, Doc, with John hurt's recent passing! But is he really considered a Doctor? Well in my humble opinion, not really but more so than this Jodie Whit character! Colin has to be serious about the polls! Twin Dilemma was a bad start for his Doctor and that's a fact and as bad as were most of his stories in the series he has found new life on audio! Twin Dilemma is better than Time And The Rani but that's nothing to shout about and you can't compare Colin's era with Pertwee's, Tom's or even Davison's really!
JB

johnnybear

That is the advert where Jon Pertwee, who always knocked Tom Baker and said how unfriendly he was to the other Doctors, chatted to him for hours upon hours according to Peter Davison! Elisabeth Sladen said that Pertwee wasn't very nice to new boy Tom Baker when they first met in 1974 and she sort of championed Tom and got rightly annoyed with the Pert which led to her and Tom being friends for years afterward!
JB