ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
John Levene makes the extraordinary claim in the documentary that the UNIT team was actually he, Jon and Katie - and that Nick C. was not really part of the team as his sense of humour was different from theirs and that he spent most of the time down the pub, which irritated Jon Pertwee.

Regardless of that, I think that Nick had an extraordinary chemistry with the others, and made him hugely important in the success of UNIT.

He also says that he knew the UNIT era's time was up when Tom Baker turned up and it was clear that Tom had an ego and didn't want to be part of a team. Which does sound like Tom admittedly.

He also says he would make an appearance in present day Who like a shot.

It would have been - and still would be - nice to see Brigadier Benton make an appearance.

However, both RTD and the Great Lord Moff seemed to have both forgotten his phone number.

Which also sounds very much like them, admittedly. :emoji_rage:
Well, the Brigadier is still my all-time favourite character from DOCTOR WHO - and that includes all the Doctors in the list too.

BJS

Member: Rank 1
Would Sarah Sutton fare well in Nyssa's body? she might get Nyssa killed if she refuses to let the Master put the bracelet on her arm. The Whoniverse doesn't have any director saying "cut" and the Master won't be as stupid and as accommodating as he is on BBC tv.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

Doctor Omega

Jackie Tyler in Last Episode of Classic Who?

View attachment 7029

View attachment 7030

But were they, in fact, complete strangers?

Fans now like to speculate that Jackie Tyler makes an appearance at the end of SURVIVAL.....

From 1:55 onwards....

This had been keeping me awake at night....

I HAD to know the answer!

Was this Jackie Tyler? Rose's mum? Bumping - by some twist of fate - into the 7th Doctor in the final story of the classic era - then returning to haunt him in the first story of the new?

Or merely - as Gavin suspected - just another chav? At best Jackie's neighbour, or perhaps a companion of Jackie's on some hen party one night?

But how could I find out for sure?

How could I put my mind at rest - one way or the other?

There seemed to be no hope - and then a thought occurred to me.

The bloody things been novelised.

Not by Terrance - wheezing, groaning shock of open face - but by the original author of the script. That burly, six foot irishman, Ron Munro, Matt's brother.

So, descending into the archives on a rope, I hunted for the offending tome and, pushing aside those odd BBC cans that I don't know what to do with that smelled vaguely of vinegar, I found it.

Nervously fumbling to page 132 I found the answer... or as good an answer as Mister Munro will ever provide...

"A window was flung up in a neighbouring house.

Mrs Bates from number thirty-three peered down at him suspiciously."

etc. etc.

So there we have it.

An eerie foreshadowing...

Thirty-three.

3 x 3 is 9

And it was the 9th Doctor that Jackie Tyler met.

A chilling prophecy.

Right up there with Troughton's "The Master?" in episode 2 of EVIL OF THE DALEKS to Molly the Maid.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
This had been keeping me awake at night....

I HAD to know the answer!

Was this Jackie Tyler? Rose's mum? Bumping - by some twist of fate - into the 7th Doctor in the final story of the classic era - then returning to haunt him in the first story of the new?

Or merely - as Gavin suspected - just another chav? At best Jackie's neighbour, or perhaps a companion of Jackie's on some hen party one night?

But how could I find out for sure?

How could I put my mind at rest - one way or the other?

There seemed to be no hope - and then a thought occurred to me.

The bloody things been novelised.

Not by Terrance - wheezing, groaning shock of open face - but by the original author of the script. That burly, six foot irishman, Ron Munro, Matt's brother.

So, descending into the archives on a rope, I hunted for the offending tome and, pushing aside those odd BBC cans that I don't know what to do with that smelled vaguely of vinegar, I found it.

Nervously fumbling to page 132 I found the answer... or as good an answer as Mister Munro will ever provide...

"A window was flung up in a neighbouring house.

Mrs Bates from number thirty-three peered down at him suspiciously."

etc. etc.

So there we have it.

An eerie foreshadowing...

Thirty-three.

3 x 3 is 9

And it was the 9th Doctor that Jackie Tyler met.

A chilling prophecy.

Right up there with Troughton's "The Master?" in episode 2 of EVIL OF THE DALEKS to Molly the Maid.
This is all quite easy to explain...

It's the Mandela Effect again! Messing with our shared history and memories! :emoji_astonished:

Doctor Omega

Doctor Who @ 40 (UKGold) - The Timelady

Discussing the possibility of a female Doctor...

During the 40th Anniversary.....

David Tennant alert at 1:50

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

From the same composer....

I think he has lost his mojo since 1985.

And why didn't Colin get asked to sing over this? Or Levine to write some lyrics?

:emoji_angry:

Doctor Omega

“Doctor Who: Genesis of the Daleks” Hits Cinemas

doctor-who-genesis-of-the-daleks-hits-cinemas-696x464.jpg

BBC Studios Americas and Fathom Events are teaming up for a newly restored and remastered 90-minute director’s cut of the iconic Tom Baker-era classic serial “Doctor Who: Genesis of the Daleks”. The new cut will get a special one-night event theatrical release on Monday, June 11th in more than 750 select movie theaters nationwide.

In the episode The Fourth Doctor and his companions Sarah Jane Smith and Harry Sullivan are transported thousands of years into the past to the ancient planet Skaro where they are given a mission from the Time Lords to prevent the evil scientist Davros from introducing to the universe the most destructive race of killing machines ever created – The Daleks.

Penned by Terry Nation, it is often considered one of the most important “Doctor Who” stories ever made and has had a major bearing on storylines in the modern era of the show.m. An exclusive interview with the Fourth Doctor, Tom Baker, will follow this special version which comes ahead of the release of the complete season 12 of “Doctor Who” coming to Blu-ray on June 19th.