chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
My collection is, sadly, lacking. I do have a TARDIS and Dalek salt & pepper shaker set I received from a friend after my mom died. And my scarf mom knitted for me. And mom cultivated my love for DOCTOR WHO, and would have loved seeing the original Cybermen return...

F***! Now I'm depressed again! Thanks everyone!

No, I'm better. I really am seriously looking forward to seeing them back. I got all sorts of excited when I saw that picture. My wife thinks I'm off, but she's only a fan of Nu-WHO, she doesn't understand what makes the original series so good.

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Speaking of people thinking I'm off, I still have a habit of, when things go well, saying "Excellent" like David Banks as Cyber Leader. Folks don't understand me...

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Haha! Got the Oscars joke even though I haven't seen either film - nice one.
I haven't seen those films either, but after the fuss made over what happened, you'd have to be living on the far side of the moon to have missed it.
Show and tell, sweetie - I have a battery driven Dalek in a cupboard at my mum's somewhere, a golden Dalek broach that lives in a box with my Apollo mission badges and my Lady Penelope spycatcher pendant, and don't ask what lurks alongside my Blue Peter, Noggin the Nogg and Pinky & Perky annuals... you show me your nostalgia and I shall counter with total regression!
From the 60s and 70s, I've mainly got annuals from DOCTOR WHO, JAMES BOND and BLAKE'S 7. I've also got DOCTOR WHO and BLAKE'S 7 weekly or monthly magazines.

I have a couple of Denys Fisher Tom Baker dolls from the late 70s and a GOLDFINGER set of figures featuring James Bond, Auric Goldfinger and Odd-Job. From the 80s I have DOCTOR WHO and BLAKE'S 7 annuals, books and so on and so forth. I also picked up some Dapol DOCTOR WHO toys in the late 90s. And I mustn't forget my black Trans Am from SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT II... Yeehaw!

Since 2005, I have spent literally thousands upon thousands of dollars on toys from various film and TV franchises, such as ALIEN, DOCTOR WHO, JAMES BOND, PLANET OF THE APES, PREDATOR, ROBOCOP, STAR TREK, THE TERMINATOR, THE WALKING DEAD and so on and so forth. But mainly DOCTOR WHO and STAR TREK. I've spent so much, that my home and contents insurance has a special section devoted to my toy collection - and another section that's devoted to my extensive DVD collection.

With the DOCTOR WHO toys, they are mainly in the form of the 5 inch figure range. I have several Dalek armies, several Cyber armies, an Ice Warrior army, multiple versions of almost all the Doctors and so on and so forth. From STAR TREK, I have some phasers, communicators and a lot of starships. There's probably more that I've forgotten, but you get the idea.

As for Lady Penelope, I'm sorry, but I always found her onscreen performance a bit wooden for my taste... :emoji_wink:

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
Personally, I'm hoping they showed up to wipe out every last wanker in CLASS.

But that's just me. :emoji_wink:
Haven't taken the time to see that yet. I'm guessing from your comment that you're not a fan? Possibly even that the characters are not as lovable as one might hope?

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

Yep....

It's a like or dislike Missy Poll!

Is this gonna be a landslide - one way or the other?

Or will it be a close run contest?

And, whichever way you vote....

Why?

Last edited:

ant-mac

A few facts - and possibly some rumours about the upcoming series of DOCTOR WHO...

Certain serial titles and other details may not be accurate. Only time will tell.

THE PILOT

Steven Moffat.

The Doctor, Bill and Nardole.

The Doctor encounters a new companion and an old enemy...

FRIEND FROM THE FUTURE - 2 minute mini-episode.

Steven Moffat.

The Doctor and Bill.

The Doctor and Bill encounter the Daleks, but can they escape from the Doctor’s oldest enemies?

SMILE

Frank Cottrell-Boyce.

The Doctor and his companions travel into the future, where they meet robots that communicate via emoticons.

ON THIN ICE

Sarah Dollard.

The Doctor, Nardole and Bill travel back in time to the year 1814, where they find that something nasty is waiting for them under the frozen Thames river.

KNOCK ON WOOD

Mike Bartlett.

The Doctor and his companions meet the landlord of a guest house, which is apparently full of monstrous creatures.

OXYGEN

Jamie Matheson.

The Doctor and Nardole take Bill on a journey into deep space.

EXTREMIS

Steven Moffat.

Missy returns once again, to cause trouble for the Doctor and his companions...

LIKE YESTERDAY

Peter Harness.

The Doctor and his companions encounter some evil and sinister beings known as the Truth Monks.

TRUTH

Toby Whithouse.

The Doctor, Bill and Nardole continue to fight against the evil and sinister beings known as the Truth Monks.

THE QUEEN OF MARS

Mark Gatiss.

The Doctor, Nardole and Bill journey to the planet Mars, where they encounter the Ice Warriors.

THE EATERS OF LIGHT

Rona Munro.

Who or what are the mysterious Eaters of Light?

CONVERTED

Steven Moffat.

The Doctor, Bill and Nardole encounter the Mondasian Cybermen, who have returned to invade the planet Earth once again.

THE FIRST PLANET

Steven Moffat.

The Doctor, Bill and Nardole continue to fight against the Mondasian Cybermen, in a desperate attempt to save the planet Earth from them.

ant-mac

They actually sound promising! I'm staying optimistic.
Whilst the return of the Mondasian Cybermen will be the highlight for me, the two titles that I like the sound of the most are THE QUEEN OF MARS and THE EATERS OF LIGHT.

THE QUEEN OF MARS sounds like the title of a B-grade black and white science fiction film from the 1950s and THE EATERS OF LIGHT sounds like the sort of story that William Hartnell might have had, possibly set on the planet Vortis.

Fingers crossed.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
Looks intriguing. It will be interesting to see how well it's all handled. The finale definitely looks like something to look forward to. Hopefully we won't see the Doctor going on a farewell tour as we did with RTD though.

ant-mac

Looks intriguing. It will be interesting to see how well it's all handled. The finale definitely looks like something to look forward to. Hopefully we won't see the Doctor going on a farewell tour as we did with RTD though.
Yeah, I can just imagine the Doctor returning to 76 Totters Lane, in 1963, to say thanks to that policeman on the beat...