Review Series 11 (2018)

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Heh, Heh, Heh! Serves 'em right for destroying our favourite television show! Three years of Capaldi hit us where it hurts and now it's dead...for good! Saves me money though so why do I moan?
JB

Gavin

VIP
so why do I moan?
I've been wondering about that myself. From the comments I've read you haven't really enjoyed the show since Moffat took over (so 8 years now) so why have you continued watching it for so long? And given that you're adamant you won't be watching it going forward, why spend so much time online complaining about it? It's your choice as to whether or not you watch it or like it, but if you don't enjoy it, why subject yourself to it?

johnnybear

I know, I know! I used to think it would get better, I really did! RTDs era gave us some very good episodes in a sea of bad, bad ones! But Moffat really stuck the boot into the fans with his reign of terror! But you're right, I just shouldn't bother! Why waste my time with it, I've got the classic episodes and I love them so bye, bye!
JB

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Doctor Who
The five writers and four directors of the upcoming ten-episode new season of “Doctor Who” have been revealed, joining new showrunner Chris Chibnall (“Broadchurch”) and new star Jodie Whittaker as The Doctor. The new season begins this Fall on BBC One.

Writers include Pete McTighe (“Wentworth”), Joy Wilkinson (“Doctors”), Ed Hime (“Skins”), Vinay Patel (“Murdered By My Father”) and Malorie Blackman (“Pig Heart Boy”). Directors include Mark Tonderai (“Gotham,” “Lucifer”), Jennifer Perrott (“Doctors”), Jamie Childs (“Next of Kin”) and Sallie Aprahamian (“This Life”).

Doctor Omega

Radio Times Video......

Doctor Who | Jodie Whittaker and Bradley Walsh Are the BEST Double Act

Doctor Who's Jodie Whittaker and Bradley Walsh are already the BEST of companions. Here's what they got up to backstage at the Bafta TV Awards...

Doctor Omega

Looks like the show has moved to Sundays.....

there have been rumours for a while that Chibnall is considering moving the series from Saturday to Sunday, cementing his vision for Doctor Who as unmissable drama (traditionally, drama is more popular on Sunday evenings) while also allowing Who to avoid being pushed around in the schedules by Strictly Come Dancing, which happened the last time it aired in the autumn.
The BBC are remaining characteristically tight-lipped about whether this move could happen but it’d definitely be a big change for the series – even during its classic run Doctor Who usually aired on Saturday evenings, so this would be upending a decades-old tradition.
Times just reported it today that it's indeed Sunday September 23rd. We hopefully will get something definite on Bank Holiday Monday

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
The only plus for the move to Sundays is that the last few series, I would inevitably get stuck with the late shift on Saturday night for the premiere and finale. It's was like they somehow knew I would enjoy being home even more on those nights (I hate working the late shift on Saturday anyway, because it involves an extra hour of work since we're closed on Sundays).

But that's the only plus. Fuck those guys.

Doctor Omega

Jodie Whittaker's Doctor Who to be broadcast on Sundays

_103305789_dwpa.jpg

Jodie Whittaker's first series of Doctor Who is to move from its traditional Saturday night slot, the BBC has confirmed.

The 10-episode run will be broadcast on Sunday evenings, starting on 7 October.

An hour-long episode titled The Woman Who Fell To Earth will launch the series.

It's likely that the transmission day change to Sunday has been made in order ensure the series has a regular, earlier time slot.

Previous series have sometimes seen the show's transmission time varying from week to week, something that may now be avoided.

While Saturday nights are often seen as the showcase for some of TV's biggest shows, in recent years Sunday night programmes have often delivered some of the week's highest ratings.

'Brand new era'
The most watched programme of 2017 was BBC One's Blue Planet II, which was broadcast on a Sunday night. And in recent weeks Bodyguard has achieved the highest launch ratings for any new drama since 2006.

Charlotte Moore, Director of BBC Content said: "With Chris Chibnall at the helm and Jodie Whittaker's arrival as the new Doctor, we are heralding a brand new era for the show and so it feels only right to give it a new home on Sunday nights at the heart of BBC One's Autumn schedule."

Meanwhile, BBC Studios, which makes the time travel drama, has been criticised by many fans after entertainment website Cultbox was threatened with legal action for reporting the launch date a day before the BBC's announcement.

The site had referenced an official page for the BBC series on the iTunes store, which had published the launch date.

A cease and desist letter sent on behalf of the BBC said that they considered the now removed story on Cultbox contained "classified information", that it constituted "a breach of a trade secret".