THE BAD WHITE STRAIGHT MAN

THE RAINBOW-COLOURED SCARF

MARCH OF THE CYBERWOMEN

SHE'S NOT EVIL, SHE'S JUST MISUNDERSTOOD

HE'S NOT MISUNDERSTOOD, HE'S JUST EVIL

THE EVIL THAT WHITE STRAIGHT MEN DO

THE RETURN OF THE BAD WHITE STRAIGHT MAN

THE MAN FROM MAR-A-LAGO

And the New Year's Day special and regeneration story...

CELEBRATING THE WHITE MALE GAZE

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Thanks for the info, A-M!

THE BAD FATHER

Do you know if Jodie will be using her "lecturing a father face" in this episode - which she had to use, extremely intensely, twice before, of course, in both IT TAKES YOU AWAY and RESOLUTION?

Untitled.jpg

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Thanks for the info, A-M!

Do you know if Jodie will be using her "lecturing a father face" in this episode - which she had to use, extremely intensely, twice before, of course, in both IT TAKES YOU AWAY and RESOLUTION?

View attachment 15121
I expect that depends a lot on the SFX budget.

Not many people know this, but that's not really her own facial expression in those scenes...

The effect is achieved through CGI.

Doctor Omega

I expect that depends a lot on the SFX budget.

They made a saving there then. I think she only had two or three expressions throughout the entire run!* :emoji_robot:

*When she wasn't scrunching her nose up as if someone had just farted, of course......

tumblr_pgep38F8Hk1tkjnkho6_1280.png

ant-mac

They made a saving there then. I think she only had two or three expressions throughout the entire run!* :emoji_robot:

*When she wasn't scrunching her nose up as if someone had just farted, of course......

View attachment 15122
Actually, I believe that expression was her own.

For motivation, I believe she was instructed to think about all of her successful male predecessors...

And Colin Baker. :emoji_wink:

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
For the love of all that’s good and holy, NO MORE ROSE.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Jack Harkness though. And a series-wide arc - done RIGHT, mind you - could be fun. They definitely don’t do enough with Yaz. As much as I like Ryan and Graham (especially Graham) if they were going to jettison any companion I’d say ditch those two, since they got a good character arc, and focus on Yaz and the Doctor. And I’d like to see more of her family.

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
You know, ant-mac, Graham (a straight white male) was the most developed companion and a very valuable one. In fact he’s the best character so far.

Doctor Omega

I wondered about that too, but he seems to have gone with them.

None of the Doctor Who cast were in attendance this year – they were off in South Africa busy filming episodes for the next series. But Bradley Walsh wasn’t going to miss out on The Chase’s win for Best Quiz Show. After the Chasers had made their way up on stage, there appeared a miniature Bradders – FaceTiming on an iPhone! None of us had a clue what he was trying to say but he looked chuffed to bits.

Doctor Omega

Doctor Who Boss, Chris Chibnall, "Sad" at Series 12 Titles Leak

chris-chibnall-845108.jpg

Current Doctor Who "showrunner" Chris Chibnall has expressed his disappointment at a recent leaking online of all of the "working titles" for series 12 of DOCTOR WHO, which is currently filming in South Africa.

"This is the kind of leak that spoils it for the fans of the show", he said during a break from filming.

An online forum user, using the pseudonym "Ant-Mac" allegedly leaked all of the current titles of upcoming episodes onto an obscure entertainment discussion forum called IMDF earlier this month, with the information eventually going viral.

BBC lawyers are looking into the matter and Lorraine Warner, spokesperson, said that all options are being considered.

"We take all leaks like this very seriously and are ruling nothing out in terms of dealing with this matter." she said. "Last year we had a clip leaked before the series aired, even though it wasn't edited or scored by that point. This sort of rush to see or know things beforehand can lead to a wrong impression being given of the final product. And that's not fair on the fans."

It is unknown if "Ant-Mac" is a member of the production team or if he or she received the information from someone close to the production.

Titles such as "The Bad Father", "The Doctor's Same-Sex Relationship", "The Man from Mar-a-Lago" , "The Rainbow-Coloured Scarf" and "Celebrating the White Male Gaze" have caused a furore of speculation amongst fans of the long-running show, with one title, "March of the Cyberwomen" hinting at a gender change for one of the Doctor's oldest enemies, as they seemingly follow in their arch-enemy's footsteps.

Chibnall has attempted to dampen such speculation:

"Doctor Who has a history of misleading titles", he insisted, before continuing. "Very often - as we have seen in the past - a title is not necessarily the story or the episode. We had a story once called "The Next Doctor", but it wasn't really about the next Doctor. A title is often just that - a working title - and these things can change. But it does make me sad that fans feel obliged to attempt to spoil it for others, when every episode should be a wonderful surprise."

Doctor Who, with Jodie Whittaker once again in the title role, as the first ever female Doctor, returns to television screens in early 2020.

Last edited:

ant-mac

View attachment 15122
Judging by that facial expression, I just assumed she encountered a straight white male.

Anyway, regardless of what caused it, let us celebrate the white female gaze. :emoji_wink:

Doctor Omega

CONTROLLER OF BBC DRAMA:
Jodie is not just a talented actor but she has a bold and brilliant vision for her Doctor. She aced it in her audition both technically and with the powerful female life force she brings to the role. She is destined to be an utterly iconic Doctor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOFFAT "Jodie Whittaker is a brilliant actor what a good piece of casting."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BBC ARTICLE: Jodie Whittaker.... What a great way to refresh a franchise, especially after four years of Peter Capaldi, who certainly wasn't universally loved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PIERS WENGER “She said from the start that she could only do it her way and so it has become. Gone is the daffiness and idiosyncrasy of her predecessors in favour of a Doctor with energy, spark and relatability.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DqODEsZWwAAydDc.jpg 44379242_351775455588795_1503816531606083472_n.jpg DrvdntWXQAEqIwe.jpg tumblr_pgep38F8Hk1tkjnkho3_500.png tumblr_pgztx7T2bs1tkjnkho2_1280.jpg tumblr_pi1yd6ZJe61xh8z28o1_400.png tumblr_pgztx7T2bs1tkjnkho4_1280.jpg tumblr_pi21rrjdlm1xh8z28o1_400.pngtumblr_pgep38F8Hk1tkjnkho4_250.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

55749cbcc7c847d9a898e3029baf1bde.jpg

Last edited:

ant-mac

CONTROLLER OF BBC DRAMA:
Jodie is not just a talented actor but she has a bold and brilliant vision for her Doctor. She aced it in her audition both technically and with the powerful female life force she brings to the role. She is destined to be an utterly iconic Doctor.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MOFFAT "Jodie Whittaker is a brilliant actor what a good piece of casting."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BBC ARTICLE: Jodie Whittaker.... What a great way to refresh a franchise, especially after four years of Peter Capaldi, who certainly wasn't universally loved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PIERS WENGER “She said from the start that she could only do it her way and so it has become. Gone is the daffiness and idiosyncrasy of her predecessors in favour of a Doctor with energy, spark and relatability.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 15553 View attachment 15552 View attachment 15554 View attachment 15555 View attachment 15557 View attachment 15558 View attachment 15559 View attachment 15560View attachment 15562

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View attachment 15561
Are you absolutely sure that facial expression isn't her trying to sneak out a fart without making any noise...?

And then realizing she just shat herself...