Review Series 12

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
A female Dalek? Do Daleks have sex in order to reproduce?
I had never even considered the possibility of them having genders... and I was a regular viewer for well over 40 years.

I had always considered Daleks to be without a gender... one of the many sacrifices they made when they lost their humanity and became machine creatures.

This just shows what a divisive dickhead Chibnall is... making an issue out of something that never was before. What an utter fuckwit.

ant-mac

Yes, in REVELATION OF THE DALEKS, Davros tempts Tasembeker with an offer of becoming "... a Dalek". Not "a female Dalek".
And yet she wasn't keen to accept such a generous offer...

Talk about a lack of gratitude.

Or she'd just bought herself a Stairmaster and thought she wouldn't get the chance to use her new piece of exercise equipment...

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
This video is making, if not waves, then at least ripples at the moment......

Did Tosin Cole Confirm Chaos In Cardiff?

Doctor Omega

I just had the following text off a friend who is certainly biased, has a history of getting things a bit muddled - and would be rabidly willing to believe anything about the current regime's decline....

I've got the exact info from within Doctor Who filming circles. There was a disagreement between Chibnall and the top executives - and he came back of his own accord. Whittaker has expressed a desire to leave early; even halfway through the season. She's now fully comprehending the backlash against her and can't cope with it. No indication as yet that any companions would leave too. One idea he's been told to drop is a cameo by a female Dalek. The idea of a female Dalek is not the exact cause of him walking out, then coming back. It is a combination of many issues that are currently not all known, but a main concern for the BBC has been the excessive p.c. element.

I know he genuinely is friends with a former Who Virgin/BBC books author, but knowing Who filming insiders is a new one. In fact I just chased it up and he says....

Through someone else I know. Was introduced to him - never met before - and probably never will again. He also mentioned that, until recently, Jodie Whittaker hadn't fully realised how bad the backlash was, as she isn't a social media type person.
So one to file under Eccentric Gossip or plain old BS, but only time will tell.

Last edited:

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
Did I miss something? He didn't say anything in that video.

I'd take anything your friend says with a grain of salt. Didn't that female Dalek story turn out to be false?

Doctor Omega

Did I miss something? He didn't say anything in that video.

I'd take anything your friend says with a grain of salt. Didn't that female Dalek story turn out to be false?
Yes, rumours are flying thick and fast at the moment, most of them contradictory. And that video was so abstract as to be open to poor evidence of anything.

I think a lot of it is people wanting to believe that the current regime of the show is imploding, so are jumping on any evidence. My friend may indeed have talked to an insider, but that insider may know less than he makes out, be as guilty of wishful thinking as anyone and just be reporting on set speculation. All the political stuff is probably actually taking place indoors, away from nosey set insiders.

Doctor Omega

The new Master, apparently..........

sacha-dhawan.jpg

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0223527/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Sacha Dhawan was born in Bramhall, Stockport to Hindu parents though he actually attended a Roman Catholic secondary school, Thomas Aquinas College, in nearby Stockport, where one of the authors whom he studied for his final exams was Alan Bennett, with whom he was very impressed. He began as a child actor at the age of 12 and attended the Laine-Johnson School of Acting in Manchester. He is also an accomplished tap-dancer. His enthusiasm for Bennett was such that when auditions were being held for his play 'The History Boys' on the London stage Sacha impressed the author not just with his acting but by reciting a poem he had composed about the play and its author. He has appeared in stage versions of 'The History Boys' around the world as well as in the 2006 film adaptation. On television he appeared in two high profile series 'In the Club' as an expectant father and 'Last Tango in Halifax' as a toy boy.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Doctor Omega

SPECULATION ZONE: Could the rumours that he is the next Master, that are currently swirling around, be a smokescreen - and he is actually the next Doctor?

Doctor Omega

From that same article......

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a823726/sacha-dhawan-new-doctor-who-change-woman/

When asked if he was interested in the part, Sacha said:

"Oh my God, I'd absolutely love to. I SO would love to. I've worked with Mark Gatiss quite a lot, and I think I'd bring something really exciting to it. It'd be incredibly nerve-wracking to do, to be honest. It's quite a lot of pressure. When the list came out, I was so honoured really that I was even considered. And that alone was kind of good enough. But who wouldn't want to do it? It's Doctor Who."

So, is he the man for the job? Sacha certainly has the Whoniverse credentials. You might remember his starring role as original Doctor Who director Waris Hussein in An Adventure in Space and Time – written by Gatiss – back in 2013.

1466592669-sacha-dhawan-an-adventure-in-space-and-time.jpg

Last edited:

ant-mac

“Now after a year off our screens, expect a return in early 2020, with the 12th season of the New Who featuring the Rhino-headed Judoon, and a story revolving around Mary Shelley Sue.”
Fixed it for you. :emoji_wink: