the badwolf

Member: Rank 1
Well none of the forums that were created after the death of IMDB are capible of replacing it (yet) not could they be expected to as IMDB forums weere massive and I am not aware of any tv and movie forum that even comes close to having what IMDB had.I do miss being able to watch ANY current show and then go to a forum that has lots of threads about it or even go to a old shows board and pick up on a old thread.

However I think this forum is the best of the bunch and I like it here sure it could use more members but it will get them in time. It is still a new board and rome wasn't built in a day as they say. I am a member of digital spy but seem to come here more dispite it having fewer members

Hunter28

Member: Rank 3
How about an outdoor board

For people that like anything outdoors like biking, camping, hiking, hunting, fishing, boating, shooting or anything that has to do with the outdoors.

Last edited by a moderator:

duzit

Member: Rank 6
Swap Emojis & Smiley's

This is directed to Alex, our cherished Forum Overlord

I was wondering if we could request some different Emojis & Smiley's. There are a few I would like &
possibly other members might want some different ones too. We could keep this thread open for a short
time while suggestions come in.

I don't know how you support E 's & S's, but I'm sure there are some in the current choices that don't get used. These could be swapped out to make room for the members requests.

So "O" Great "OZ", what do you say, is it do-able?

I'll start the requests: a vomit emoji / a thumbs-up smiley, and something that "moves". That's it for me.
Thank you for considering my idea◆◆◆:emoji_purple_heart::emoji_purple_heart::emoji_purple_heart:

Last edited by a moderator:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I wouldn't want to replace or swap any emoticons, but I'd certainly like to see a more expansive collection.

duzit

I wouldn't want to replace or swap any emoticons, but I'd certainly like to see a more expansive collection.
But not to expansive, early on when we had a much bigger collection, it crashed my tabs on my underdeveloped tablet. That's why I suggested swapping instead of adding emoticons. When Alex downsized the group, my tablet stopped crashing. :emoji_hugging:

ant-mac

But not to expansive, early on when we had a much bigger collection, it crashed my tabs on my underdeveloped tablet. That's why I suggested swapping instead of adding emoticons. When Alex downsized the group, my tablet stopped crashing.
I was unaware that had happened to you.

Thanks for explaining. I understand.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Adding the whole collection means that more than 1500 images will be loaded at each instance of the forum thread, that turned out to be overkill for small devices and they crashed.

I could confirm that this also happened to me on an old tablet. For that matter I decided to severly reduce the amount of smilies.

We can add one or two but adding more than 10 could create trouble again as each emoticon/emoji is a big image resized and could eat the memory of small devices.

duzit

@Alex Vojacek ,thanks for the reply. I did not get a great response to the thread, it seems most are happy with the current selection. I'm going to do another post, stating that this will be the "last" chance for suggestions. I'll get back to you in a week with the final requests. To keep us in the safe zone, you can decide which new Emojis are doable. See ya next week◆◆◆:emoji_purple_heart:

duzit

Fellow members, this is your final chance to ask for an Emoji that is dear to your heart. Alex has agreed to add a few new ones. This post will be good for 1 week, then I will present the new ideas and he will have the final decision as to which are doable. So, reply with some Emojis that need a new home...:emoji_relaxed:

ant-mac

Fellow members, this is your final chance to ask for an Emoji that is dear to your heart. Alex has agreed to add a few new ones. This post will be good for 1 week, then I will present the new ideas and he will have the final decision as to which are doable. So, reply with some Emojis that need a new home...:emoji_relaxed:
Vomiting would be my choice.

I also want to keep my signature.

duzit

I also want to keep my signature
Of course you do, who wouldn't want to keep a cute, little, green insect. It's right up there in the top ten list...:emoji_ok_hand:
(this is when I want a "thumbs-up" smiley, so AM, pretend I gave you a "thumbs-up" smiley)