Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
You don't need to go anywhere. If you guys go then our whole work was for nothing !. And since I'm investing in the new 2.0 changes that are coming (and that's not easy work either), you can be sure I'm fully vested into making this "the best" forum there is.

We may not have the highest traffic but I'm sure as hell this is going to be one of the best forums out there. If one thing I'm expert on is on web technology. I'll may need help on the marketing stuff along the way, that's for sure !

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Thanks for the reassurance Alex. And apologies for turning into a scaremonger! My cries of "Iceberg dead ahead!" were, in retrospect, completely unfounded! :emoji_blush:

Drama Queen Omega. :emoji_head_bandage:

Apologies again.

What I like about this place is that it has it's own unique, developing character and a nice bunch of regulars.

Still very early days, but IMDF is still here, while, additionally - having now checked them out - other IMDB phoenix sites seem to be either empty houses with tumbleweeds in - or jam packed with trolls.

Staying here would always be my first option and your plans for the place sound both intriguing and exciting. :emoji_alien:

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
What happens if he leaves for good? Does the other admins have the power to keep this place going?

Clicked the link for the FB page and it worked for me, ant.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
You'll soon see that other sites could potentially close down, dissapear or stop innovating. Mantaining a site in the long-run is not for every admin. Life usually gives you potential new problems and unless you're absolutely bent on supporting it, sooner or later you quit.

I've seen more than 10 magazines quit while I still stand at tecnogaming.com and the same concept applies here. I do take this very seriously. We may not have the best traffic, but people will have this place up and running (and still innovating) 10 years from now. I do not built things to "not" last.

croft_alice

Member: Rank 4
Maybe the tomb raider movies should have a board...even though,i think i'll be alone there and how about to be able to upload a file from our own device without using something to edit that file.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Getting help from people willing to post on our Facebook will definetly kick the traffic up. Designing a Blog for movies & news that will work as a complement to our forum is another thing I'm going to do in 2018. Also, getting donations is a big plus as I could use that money to pay for advertising to promote this forum.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
I have no problem adding to classics, and horror. It's just I have to do it on a night when I'm not working on any projects or gaming. Mainly, I'll post till the sun comes up pretty much. Just supply me with a case of different Dew's and I'm good for the night.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I have no problem adding to classics, and horror. It's just I have to do it on a night when I'm not working on any projects or gaming. Mainly, I'll post till the sun comes up pretty much. Just supply me with a case of different Dew's and I'm good for the night.
Like you, I enjoy my gaming. I spend a substantial portion of my free time gaming online - even while I'm watching films, TV shows, reading books or surfing the net.

Unfortunately, in Australia, the only Mountain Dew I can now get hold of has caffeine in it. Tastes bloody awful... :emoji_angry:

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Unfortunately, in Australia, the only Mountain Dew I can now get hold of has caffeine in it. Tastes bloody awful... :emoji_angry:
Wow that's kinda sad no caffeine free soda down under. Do you guys have all the different mountain dew flavors?

Like can't think of the names but they are pretty much the rainbow.

ant-mac

Wow that's kinda sad no caffeine free soda down under. Do you guys have all the different mountain dew flavors?

Oh, there's plenty of caffeine-free soft drink - just not in Mountain Dew. Of course, I live in rural SA, so it could be different in the state capital, or over east in Queensland, NSW or Victoria...

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Unfortunately, in Australia, the only Mountain Dew I can now get hold of has caffeine in it. Tastes bloody awful...
What are you talking about, Willis? Mountain Dew is like nectar sent down from Olympus. And it should have enough caffeine in it to cause heart failure in lab rats. That's the only way I get through the day without falling asleep where I stand.

I like original, Throwback (the same, but made with cane sugar instead of HFCS), and Code Red. I tried voltage yesterday (someone put it in the soda machine at work), and it's not bad, but not one I would get again. I did enjoy the Red, White and Dew that they had last summer. The others I can certainly do without. But that's me.

One soda I wish was always available is Vanilla Coke. I can only find it every now and then, and it's too delicious not to have available everywhere. There's a local convenience store that has vanilla and cherry syrup at their soda fountain, so I add both. Because go big or go home.

ant-mac

What are you talking about, Willis? Mountain Dew is like nectar sent down from Olympus. And it should have enough caffeine in it to cause heart failure in lab rats. That's the only way I get through the day without falling asleep where I stand.

I like original, Throwback (the same, but made with cane sugar instead of HFCS), and Code Red. I tried voltage yesterday (someone put it in the soda machine at work), and it's not bad, but not one I would get again. I did enjoy the Red, White and Dew that they had last summer. The others I can certainly do without. But that's me.

One soda I wish was always available is Vanilla Coke. I can only find it every now and then, and it's too delicious not to have available everywhere. There's a local convenience store that has vanilla and cherry syrup at their soda fountain, so I add both. Because go big or go home.
Having carefully read and analysed your post, I have only one question...

Where the hell's that vomit emoticon?

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP

If you want Vanilla Coke around here you have to go to Burger King, and they have a machine with many other flavors of Cokes. If you visit the Coke Cola factory you can try flavors from around the world, and other old flavors they use to carry.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP

Can't speak for other regions but here in New South Wales the only flavour I've ever seen is the yellow one which looks like a similarly coloured liquid that is expelled after drinking it. And while I can't compare the tastes I honestly can't imagine that one tastes worse than the other.

ant-mac

Can't speak for other regions but here in New South Wales the only flavour I've ever seen is the yellow one which looks like a similarly coloured liquid that is expelled after drinking it. And while I can't compare the tastes I honestly can't imagine that one tastes worse than the other.
Yellow? I always thought it looked slightly luminescent green.

If my piss looked like that, I could only assume that I had become...

THE TOXIC AVENGER!