chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Mountain Dew Ice is really good, like a sweet Sprite soda.
We have a guy at work who has been putting varieties of Mountain Dew flavors in the soda machine at work, so the other day I ended up trying MD Ice. I was disappointed, only because I have to be in the mood for lemon lime soda. If I had been in a Sprite mood, I'm certain I would have liked it.

I'll take an ice cold lemonade any day. With a healthy shock of vodka.

And @High Plains Drifter is correct, the MD Lemonade is dreadful.

Mad-Pac

Member: Rank 5
Some friends and I are going to start posting reviews for the show "Welcome to Paradox" (1998), but there's no specific board for this show; Would you please create one? For the time being we're posting on the "Science fiction and Fantasy" board until we get a permanent home.

Mad-Pac

I was creating one even before I saw this. :emoji_alien:

You just need to search the "Trending Now" column or look at the reply to the "Whom it may concern thread".

Cheers.
I just found your entry on "General Discussion - F&SF" and in fact that's the one I was planning to use., but I got mixed up and ended on the Science Fiction and Fantasy board itself. You say "In light of the advent of a SAGES viewing of this show, here is a thread for general chat about the show, outside of the individual reviewing of the episodes. :emoji_alien:" So that means that besides that thread there must be another board, one in which we can creqate folders for each episode individually, right?

Mad-Pac

I just thought you might appreciate a dedicated thread for the show.

That was all.
Oh, I sure do. Thank you. I just thought you had the power to actually create the threads. And I thought that posting on the "What Boards Would You Like to See on Here?" thread would be enough to attract the attention of the Powers-that-Be and that they would take care of it. Considering that's not the case, I'll try talking to them through different means. Who is an administrator besides Alex and ant-mac?

Mad-Pac

One thing I can do is move threads around, so, as a temporary compromise, I think the best thing to do is move you for the moment into the practically empty TV reviews section, which I will do now.

That should give you the uncluttered space you need for now.
OK, thanks.

McQualude

Member: Rank 3
There are so many sub-forums

And it seems like more are created all the time. If I want to talk about a current movie, I don't know if I should be in movie reviews, decade by decade, cinema now playing, film general, one of the cult zones, or dig up a thread from "announced" or "in production." I mean seriously, there are too many subs. I mentioned it in another feedback thread but the response was making more sub-forums. It's off-putting to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
And it seems like more are created all the time. If I want to talk about a current movie, I don't know if I should be in movie reviews, decade by decade, cinema now playing, film general, one of the cult zones, or dig up a thread from "announced" or "in production." I mean seriously, there are too many subs. I mentioned it in another feedback thread but the response was making more sub-forums. It's off-putting to be honest.
If in doubt, click on the tab "Search Forums" at the top of the page, type in the title or a few keywords and see what results you get.

However, if it's a film that's currently in the cinema, it shouldn't be hard to find.

McQualude

I'm using current movie as an example of the inconvenience of having so many overlapping forums. A user really shouldn't have to resort to search to figure out where to post about current movies. I could make a thread about Incredibles 2 in about 5 different subforums and they would all be the right forum. Anyway, I've said my piece. Food for thought.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
I'm using current movie as an example of the inconvenience of having so many overlapping forums. A user really shouldn't have to resort to search to figure out where to post about current movies. I could make a thread about Incredibles 2 in about 5 different subforums and they would all be the right forum. Anyway, I've said my piece. Food for thought.
There's nothing wrong with using such a method.

It's a perfectly acceptable approach used by many websites.

Cloister56

Ranking Polls

I can't see this has been suggested before and I have no idea how easy it is to implement.
Basically I was hoping to be able to create ranking polls, for example:

Question: How would you rank the movies in the Friday the 13th series?

Being able to then select your favourite all the way down to your least favourite with the overall poll showing the positions based on everyone's response maybe in another shade showing where you personally ranked them (1-11)

Everyone likes top ten lists and giving their opinion of which entry goes where so I think it might be a feature people would make use of.

Another option which would be good to see is expandable polls.
For example I want to get everyone vote on their favourite one or even 5 Doctor Who episodes. I could post initially to the poll my favourite 5 (perhaps even combining with my original suggestion and ranking them). But then you come along and I didn't pick your favourite episode The Twin Dilemma so at the bottom of the poll and option might exist to "Add to options" you can merrily add the episode to build your own top 5.

The second suggestion I can see is a bit complex and could be open to people adding joke entries but it popped into my head.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
I'm right here !.

I'm so sorry Guys & Girls. I've been in a non-stop working for almost 3 months. Good news is that I'm now in a MUCH BETTER monetary position than I was when I started the forum. I now have the means to fully support the forum without taking donations and also to create the new front portal that I'm soo much wanting to add.

I'm now currently finishing some big migrations of websites on my company and as soon as I finish that urgent task I'm going to devote more time to improvements on the forum

Things that I need to do are

• Upgrade the forum to the new Xenforo 2.0
  • Complete restyling of the actual theme which will get a new name.
  • New signup and autologin mechanism which will improve the register/login process
  • New portal functionality so you guys can actually "post news" as if this were a news website. (only a few selected will be able to do this so I'm going to make a vote for this).
This requires money for the new license and also money for the new portal system and theme. Hopefully this will be done much sooner rather than later. Since the forum did not stalled and it is now growing, you guys & girls had proven that you like it and I should now do something about it.