Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
I stopped the forum from sending e-mails by default and in your account it says you are not getting e-mails by default.

The only place I can see you're getting it is by watching a thread.

Click on this link:

https://www.imdforums.com/index.php?watched/threads

Make sure you're not watching any threads.

By default the forum will be silent to any new registrations about e-mail sending. You have to manually configure it for receiving e-mails now.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
Go to the link I sent to Lucas and make sure you unwatch all the threads, that should stop e-mails for users already registered. New users won't be getting the auto-emails by default.

skribb

Member: Rank 1
If IMD will usurp imdb2...

I definitely think IMD and theGOTboard should merge. We do want the largest possible amount of ex-imdbers to find each other again right? :D

Last edited by a moderator:

skribb

I would very much like to have the Android emojis that IMDB have. also the classic IMDB emoticons (and trust me, those are NOT owned by amazon, i have seen them on other boards since the late 90s)

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
imdb2 started as a free forum done with free tools and a the concept of getting a place to stay once the closing is done.
The problem is it's done with a trademark name and on a free forum software so as soon as IMDb complains the whole forum can go down because it's done on free forum software hosted on proboards.

After a lot of talk yesterday with the admin of that board I invited him to make a new board, free from the trademark problem, with our own domain and forum software and this forum started. It has already 3 moderators and we are adding features as we speak.

I prefer if people on that other forum comes here and that sites closes before IMDb starts some kind of legal battle. The admin on that forum is also an admin here.

I think it's only logical to better merge both userbases and keep adding content here than risking it. But as always, the choice is yours.

We are already talking so, maybe you'll hear more news about the other forum soon.

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
If all goes well then this should be the new Board and replace the IMDb one, so if others are going to GOTboard then they should be informed about this replacement and not the imdb2 site. Eventually they could merge but that depends on where they want to be.

About imdb2. If this is all done then we can start moving members from there to here and make sure new members go here to sign up and not imdb2. The only one that can make this happen is the Admin on imdb2 and he aint around atm, so until then we can only advice others to come here and the more we do that the faster it will happen.

merciless

May I ask if it is your intention to copy and migrate the existing IMDb message board contents for each movie to this site or will all be lost?

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
I can't do that because that will violate copyright and will sure get me into problems. We can, on the other hand, populate the categories ourselves here, once imdb forums are closed.

DeJoHnNiE

Member: Rank 4
Anything that needs to be here or whatever you want to start again here is possible, like a certain topics in a board, but the rest of the content cannot be merged or migrated unless said users copy and paste their replies to this site, wich is pretty much impossible to achieve.

But again, feel free to restart anything in the places they were before. If you need to save anything from the IMDb boards then you have to save it yourself. When they close the Data will probably be deleted unless they have any intention to relaunch it, wich I highly doubt.