Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
William Hartnell Plaque Unveiling At Ealing Studios, October 2018

On October 14th 2018 the Doctor Who Appreciation Society unveiled a blue plaque in honour of William Hartnell, who amongst many other credits played the original Doctor Who. In this video you can watch highlights of the unveiling at Ealing Studios, (in a temporary indoors location) as well as hear reminiscences from family and colleagues, including William’s daughter Anne.

693a6d1458730efe220740ea163d2ad41aeaebe5r1-2048-1536v2_hq.jpg

Doctor Omega

WHEN HARTNELL MET HITCHCOCK.......

MTuzlnF.jpg

A photograph of Doctor Who actor William Hartnell (left) and Dennis Price (right) taken during the filming of The Lost People (1949) for Gainsborough. Hitchcock was filming Stage Fright at Elstree and was likely visiting his former colleague Bernard Knowles, who co-directed The Lost People.

THE LOST PEOPLE (1949).......

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041601/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

MV5BNDE4NDFjODctZGIzNC00ZmMyLThiYzQtYWMyYmZjN2RkYWNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzg1ODEwNQ@@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

DrgnwF7WwAAv-fR.jpg

Heather Hartnell Last Interview (talking about Dr Who and William)

Heather Hartnell's last interview - speaking about Bill and 'Who'. I got a copy of this on cassette in the very early 90s from a friend in Kent, and thought it would be nice to archive it digitally now and share.

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
I've never seen "Marco Polo." It's probably on Dailymotion. It's one of the lost ones, looks like. I've watched some of those and they're pretty frustrating - a lot of stills.

"The Aztecs" didn't rate a mention? I loved that one!

Doctor Omega

There have been rumours for years that Marco Polo was found alongside ENEMY OF THE WORLD and WEB OF FEAR, but that the same guy who found those two has been holding MARCO back for some reason. Have no idea if this is true, but fans have given themselves headaches arguing over it ever since and the guy in question has done nothing to put them right one way or the other.

So there's a slim hope that this might exist. Very slim though.

I love the Aztecs too. Barbara is brilliant in that one.

I would love to see THE SAVAGES turn up too.

The Seeker

The Dalek Invasion of Earth was one of the best ones. I just wish the Doctor hadn't pushed Susan out – I would have rather she left more willingly. That was a nice speech he gave her (and a lie, lol).

The Tenth Planet is my favorite Cyberman story too.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
The Dalek Invasion of Earth was one of the best ones. I just wish the Doctor hadn't pushed Susan out – I would have rather she left more willingly. That was a nice speech he gave her (and a lie, lol).

The Tenth Planet is my favorite Cyberman story too.
What lie are you referring to?

The Seeker

"I shall come back." Come back, go back, same thing.

You'll notice he called himself a "silly old man" - long ways away from a "lonely god."

ant-mac

"I shall come back." Come back, go back, same thing.

You'll notice he called himself a "silly old man" - long ways away from a "lonely god."
The fact he said he would come back does not mean he'd come back for her.

Just to see her. After all, her life was with David now.

And that lonely god bullshit always annoyed me. He was simply a wanderer in space and time.

The Seeker

That's what I hated about Tennant's Doctor. All shouty and preachy and postulating about how damned smart and powerful he was. Matt Smith did that too, but kind of took the piss out of himself while doing it. I do like Tennant, just hated that aspect of his character – that and his female companions making goo-goo eyes at him all the time.

ant-mac

That's what I hated about Tennant's Doctor. All shouty and preachy and postulating about how damned smart and powerful he was. Matt Smith did that too, but kind of took the piss out of himself while doing it. I do like Tennant, just hated that aspect of his character – that and his female companions making goo-goo eyes at him all the time.
I just wish that once, just once, when he started mouthing off, the villain had bitch-slapped him and told him to shut the fuck up.