Controversial The IMDF Conflict Zone!

Mad-Pac

Member: Rank 5
Some offbeat ones from me....

LEXX
I'm sorry I missed this one. I know I may be starting another controversy I really would like to avoid, but I don't think we should be considering shows longer than 30 episodes in this space here. For this we have the IMDF Sages currently covering Blake's 7. The idea of this one here, The Sages of the Single Season, as originally named even before we came here as IMDB refugees, is to cover short-lived series of 30 episodes or less. Would you have a replacement for Lexx? Gormenghast, ont he other hand, is just perfect. Four episodes only! It would be a shame to do it.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I'm still playing catch up with episodes but I might as well get in with some nominations to continue as well. Not sure what's been done before so please ignore any that have already been done. Also I'm not sure about the availability of these so we'd need to do some research before viewing.

1. Tru Calling
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0364817/?ref_=nv_sr_1
It's just over one season (the second season got 6 episodes before it was cancelled) but its an interesting concept. 27 episodes all up and starring Eliza Dushku (who I love watching in anything) and Zach Galifianakis in a rare non-comedic role.

2. Surface
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452718/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
16 episodes before being cancelled (on a cliffhanger) but I enjoyed the show while it lasted.

3. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0485842/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
22 episodes. Aaron Sorkin's first tv series after The West Wing. Starring Bradley Whitford (from The West Wing) and Matthew Perry (playing very much against type compared with Chandler from Friends).

Mad-Pac

Youtube teasers for Catweazle;
An eccentric wizard from 1066 ends up in 1970 and befriended by a farmboy Edward " Carrot" Bennett. The series shows us among other things the often craziness of our world as seen from a medieval man.

Sadly, look at what I got as I tried to watch your videos. Apparently this show is not available to be viewed in Brazil. Are there other options for it besides Youtube? Can you upload the episodes to Youtube yourself or upload it to a private drive and send me the link so I can follow as well? Thanks!

Catweazle.jpg

michaellevenson

Member: Rank 8
Sadly, look at what I got as I tried to watch your videos. Apparently this show is not available to be viewed in Brazil. Are there other options for it besides Youtube? Can you upload the episodes to Youtube yourself or upload it to a private drive and send me the link so I can follow as well? Thanks!

View attachment 7642
I can't , no perhaps Ant Mac can . If not he'll have to nominate a replacement or stick with his other two nominations.
This is a link to youtube USA , any better luck?

Mad-Pac

I can't , no perhaps Ant Mac can . If not he'll have to nominate a replacement or stick with his other two nominations.
This is a link to youtube USA , any better luck?
Catweazle1.jpg

Unfortunately not. The problem is not the origin, the videos are blocked in Brazil, probably for copyright issues. I have that problem quite often, in fact.

Can you think of a replacement nomination, @ant-mac ?

michaellevenson

View attachment 7643

Unfortunately not. The problem is not the origin, the videos are blocked in Brazil, probably for copyright issues. I have that problem quite often, in fact.

Can you think of a replacement nomination, @ant-mac ?
Okay I'll nominate one of my own.
1990- a 16 episode series set in a dystopian Britain with Edward Woodward starring, known Stateside for his role in The Equalizer.

Last edited:

Mad-Pac

Okay I'll add a nomination of my own.
1990-.a 16 episode series set in a dystopian Britain where secret police rule, a very disturbing series with Edward Woodward, known Stateside as The Equalizer, but more associated with the role of Callan , an Mi5 agent in series of the same name. Available on youtube, hopefully in Brazil too.
Got it. Do you have a link for the Youtube episodes? I typed "1990" and got one million entries about... the year 1990..

Just thinking. What's the deal with English writers and "future dystopian Britain" stories? That seems like a recurring theme.

michaellevenson

Got it. Do you have a link for the Youtube episodes? I typed "1990" and got one million entries about... the year 1990..

Just thinking. What's the deal with English writers and "future dystopian Britain" stories? That seems like a recurring theme.
Lets see if this is available in Brazil.