Controversial The IMDF Conflict Zone!

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Right, yeah, sorry, three nominations. Welp, here goes:

1. Catweazle
2. The Omega Factor
3. 1990

Many apologies. Can we now stop with the passive aggressive bold screaming?

Mad-Pac

Member: Rank 5
Right, yeah, sorry, three nominations. Welp, here goes:

1. Catweazle
2. The Omega Factor
3. 1990

Many apologies. Can we now stop with the passive aggressive bold screaming?
No need to apologize. Nominating a show you like is a prerogative you have. But the purpose of making nominations is to bring new shows to the attention of the group for consideration. Shows don't get extra points for being nominated several times by different people. Since these three have already been nominated, nominating them yet again is a moot point, but you are free to nominate three new ones today if you wish. Otherwise we'll just go with the ones we already have.

Do you really use bold type letters for passive aggressive screaming? Interesting. I'd rather use that to highlight important information instead.

Cloister56

Member: Rank 3
Wow got really behind with things. I've just finished Star Cops and nominations are well underway. I will try to come up with a few suggestions over the course of today.
I have fallen way behind with Blakes 7 but I figured that as it is longer I have a bit more time to get up to date which I still intend to do. Hopefully during the turn around between finding a new series.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
Wow got really behind with things. I've just finished Star Cops and nominations are well underway. I will try to come up with a few suggestions over the course of today.
I have fallen way behind with Blakes 7 but I figured that as it is longer I have a bit more time to get up to date which I still intend to do. Hopefully during the turn around between finding a new series.
Don't worry, mate, there's still a long way to go with B7.

Plenty of time for you to catch up.

Mad-Pac

Good. This is great! But please hurry, because I want our group to use the peace and quiet of a Sunday to at least start considering their votes. Knowing how fast this group is with decisions, I bet everyone is eager to cast their votes.

I'll be posting the nominees list in a few minutes, but if you still come up with three nominations of your own, let me know as soon as you can and the list will be updated.

Mad-Pac

So... the nominees are these.Time to vote.

It seems everyone has made their nominations already. If that's not the case, and you wish to nominate a new show, please speak up and it will be included on the list.

Here they are in alphabetical order:

1990 (1977)
Alien Nation (1989)
Awake (2012)
Catweazle (1970)
Dead Like Me (2003)
Flashforward (2009)
Gormenghast (2000)
Mann & Machine (1992)
Moonbase 3 (1973)
Quartermass (1979)
Star Trek Continues (2013 - 2017)
Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip (2006)
Surface (2005)
The Omega Factor (1979)
Tru Calling (2003)
Welcome to Paradox (1998)

• - Pick five shows in order of preference. Top show gets five points, the one in the bottom gets one.

• - Write the votes in green. Don't write anything else in green in order to avoid confusion. If you quote a post in which votes are mentioned, change the color of the quoted votes to another color.

• - You can change your votes any time you wish, but once they are officially counted, that's final. It's normal for people to reconsider their choices several times.

• - If you change your vote, edit your original post with your votes. Don't write a second entry with different votes to avoid the existence of fake or outdated votes.

• - Let's count the results on Wednesday evening, unless everyone has voted long before that and won't change their minds anymore. However, even if everybody has cast their votes, it's important to give people some time for reconsiderations.

I guess that's about it... Did I miss something?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cloister56

Member: Rank 3
Some good choices on the list a few are ones I've nominated before, I'm sure I could drag a few more suggestions out but I'm happy to just get to the voting.

1: The Omega Factor (1979)
2: Awake (2012)
3: Moonbase 3 (1973)
4: Mann and Machine (1992)
5: Catweazle (1970) which looks nuts!

Mad-Pac

1 - Welcome to Paradox
2 - Alien Nation
3 - Tru Calling
4 - Star Trek Continues
5 - Dead Like Me

Last edited:

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
I get it why currently many people are not fans of the EU, but comparing it to a future dystopian tyranny is creating a political straw man.
I was being largely sarcastic. While I don't think that Brexit will have a great overall result for the UK I doubt it will quite get to the dystopian level.