Fun The Last Movie That You Watched?

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
KING KONG (1976) 3/5.

An underwhelming American monster film, that was written by Lorenzo Semple Jr, produced by Dino De Laurentiis and directed by John Guillermin. It’s an updated remake of KING KONG (1933), by James Creelman, Ruth Rose, Merian C Cooper and Edgar Wallace. It features the special effects work of Carlo Rambaldi and Rick Baker, but although the film won the Academy Award for Best Visual Effects, it somehow manages to look less impressive than the original film, which is approximately 43 years older. It stars Jeff Bridges, Charles Grodin, René Auberjonois, Ed Lauter, Jessica Lange in her first film role and Rick Baker as King Kong. For me personally, the most impressive aspect of this film is its musical soundtrack by John Barry. However, on a more positive note, at least it didn’t take as long to watch as the interminable Peter Jackson version did in 2005.

ant-mac

RAZORBACK (1984) 3/5.

An extremely average Australian horror film set in the outback, where a gigantic wild boar terrorizes a small Australian town, by attacking, killing and devouring people. The film was written by Everett De Roche and based on the novel by Peter Brennan. It was produced by Hal McElroy and directed by Russell Mulcahy. It stars Gregory Harrison and a string of well-known Australian actors, including Arkie Whiteley, Bill Kerr, Chris Haywood, David Argue, Judy Morris, John Howard and John Ewart. It’s a grim and gruesome affair that isn’t always convincing with its special effects, but does still manage to spring one or two surprises - not all of them pleasant. I’d recommend that you don’t attempt to eat anything more filling than peanuts or popcorn while watching it.

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
What are some of your favorite Hot Rod movies?
Also great car chases in them. It can even be movies with just great cars in it. This doesn't have to be all classic movies. This can be anytime period from when talking pictures started to movies today.
Anything goes for movies here.

Some that I like watching

Last edited:

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Deadpool - so good I watched my shiny new DVD TWO days running. He shares every negative thought I've ever had about Marvel superheroes. I feel validated - and also outrageously conned - Marvel are tapping into anti-Marvel sentiments with this, and I don't care, I bloody love it. And Morena Wossname is good again, was beginning to think Firefly was a fluke.

Shakespeare's Birthday and I watched Deadpool again - it's still getting better...

Last edited:

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Spider-Man 3. Raimi had long said that, had the franchise gone on, he would have waited on Venom for a few movies, and built the character up properly, so the story was more coherent and not rushed. The suits forced him to do the movie with him, and it failed.

Superman Lives. Who hasn't heard Kevin Smith's account of having written a screenplay, only to be told it was "too much like a comic book" and "they needed to sell toys"? And then they brought in Tim Burton, and it all fell apart.

Fanboys. Harvey certainly likes to mess with movies, doesn't he? He demanded they take out the cancer storyline because it was depressing, even though it was detrimental to the story! Luckily, the movie exists with it, and it's a great film.

There are many directors who do need someone to reign them in, and yes, the movie industry is just that, an industry. But there are so many times when a movie gets hacked apart by suits who don't understand what makes a good movie, but rather only think about box office (*cough*PG-13 horror movies*cough*).

duzit

Member: Rank 6
Auntie Mame (1958) - Comedy · An orphan goes to live with his free-spirited aunt. Conflict ensues when the executor of his father's estate objects to the aunt's lifestyle.

Sunflower007

Member: Rank 3
Double Indemnity (1944), Great Billy Wilder film, baby...
:emoji_relaxed:~ That's a good film. I enjoyed it a lot but I admit that the novel was a better hard boiled tale. You should read it.

*~:emoji_lips:~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
:emoji_musical_score:

"Life is never what you planned
Life is moments you can't understand
And that is life

Holding to the ground
As the ground keeps shifting
Trying to keep sane
As the rules keep changing"

By: Falsettos

Sunflower007

Member: Rank 3
:emoji_relaxed:~ The last film noir I've seen in was Laura (1944) directed by Otto Perminger. I recently saw it on Netflix and it was an excellent & thrilling movie. Loved it from the mystery in the interesting plot, style and the performances. I would recommend others to watch it.

*~ :emoji_game_die:~*

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
:emoji_musical_score:

"Life is never what you planned
Life is moments you can't understand
And that is life

Holding to the ground
As the ground keeps shifting
Trying to keep sane
As the rules keep changing"

By: Falsettos

ant-mac

SUNSET BOULEVARD (1950) 4/5.

An extremely famous and well-made American film about an unsuccessful screenwriter and a faded silent film star who draws him into her fantasy world where she dreams of making a triumphant return to the silver screen. It was written by DM Marshman Junior, Charles Brackett and Billy Wilder, produced by Charles Brackett and directed by Billy Wilder. It stars William Holden, Gloria Swanson, Erich von Stroheim, Nancy Olson, Jack Webb, Fred Clark and Lloyd Gough and features a string of cameo appearances by famous Hollywood personalities as themselves, including Cecil B DeMille, Hedda Hopper, Buster Keaton, HB Warner and Anna Q Nilsson. In 1989, SUNSET BOULEVARD was included in the first group of films selected for preservation in the National Film Registry, by the US Library of Congress. Some modern viewers may feel that it’s somewhat dated by today’s standards, but it’s still a highly pleasurable journey that’s worth taking. I’ve never seen anyone play someone who’s insane quite the same way as Gloria Swanson does. Truly memorable and just a little bit scary…