Fun The Last Movie That You Watched?

Elliot Thomas

Member: Rank 3
ABSENCE OF MALICE (1981) 4/5.

An interesting and well-made American drama, with a title that refers to the legal definition of one of the requirements of proof against libel defamation and is used in journalism classes to illustrate the conflict between disclosing damaging personal information and the public's right to know. The film was written by Kurt Luedtke - a former newspaper editor - and David Rayfiel. It was produced by Ronald L Schwary and Sydney Pollack, who also directed it. It stars Paul Newman, Sally Field, Bob Balaban, Melinda Dillon, Josef Sommer and Wilford Brimley. It is certainly worth the effort to watch.
I saw this recently, too. It's like the antithesis of ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN! Melinda Dillon is especially good in a heart-breaking role.

clayton-12

Member: Rank 4
The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada (Tommy Lee Jones, 2005) - I had a bunch of rom-coms I wanted to see, but the missus said "Can't we watch a western for a change?" The missus won.
A dim-witted Texas border patrolman crosses paths with a rancher out to seek justice for the killing of his undocumented Mexican worker, and together they go on a journey that has parallels with (although more accessible than) Dead Man (Jim Jarmusch, 1995). The film itself seems a decade or so ahead of itself - I'm sure if it were made today, it would be seen as reactive to the current political scene.

duzit

Member: Rank 6
Bridget Jone's Baby is a 2016 romantic comedy film. The film stars Renée Zellweger as Bridget Jones, who after becoming pregnant is unsure if Mark Darcy (Colin Firth, also reprising his role) or Jack Qwant (Patrick Dempsey) is the father.

It was a nice, cute comedy to watch on a gloomy, rainy Saturday. If you saw the other two, it had the same feeling. Nothing to write home about, except the male eye candy◆◆◆:emoji_purple_heart::emoji_purple_heart::emoji_purple_heart:[/B]

Carol

Member: Rank 5
way better than The Wicker Man
HI Anouk, yes, but WHICH Wicker Man? I've only seen the original and the term "shit on a stick" (which is new to me and which I will now use relentlessly till I am told to stop) cannot in my opinion be justified in the same breath or sentence.

I do have a very soft un-pc spot for any and all Carry On film...

High Plains Drifter

The Drifter
VIP
Free and Streaming 24/7 movies This is what I love about Shout Factory! So many good and bad films to watch many from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. They have a VHS vault, and a normal movies. They even have movie marathons, tv shows, and sometimes stream the movies on Youtube with chat. I love it when they show them on Youtube, chatting away with other horror fans.

I think you can also buy these movies from Shout Factory's web site also.

http://thevhsvault.com/

TheSowIsMine

What an excellent day for an exorcism
VIP
This is probably my favourite movie. Malcom McDowell is amazing in this. The soundtrack and set design works great on the ears and eyes.
I also love the book.

The Seeker

Member: Rank 6
The book was better, imo. Kubrick obviously had a hard-on for Alex and made him the most sympathetic character in the movie. Burgess wrote a screenplay for it, but Kubrick nixed it and wound up writing his own.

plsletitrain

Member: Rank 5
Beauty and the Beast (2017)

There's a reason why this is my favorite childhood fairy tale. It really makes me cry and believe in true love. cry.gif But the original version can never be trumped. But Disney's remake is well, of course, its Disney, the effects are always top-notch. Emma Watson was good as Bella, although there are times when her acting felt too much. The supporting cast is very strong, especially Luke Evans who's just perfect as the smirky and arrogant Gaston.

The movie is good by itself it will stand the test of time. But the 1991 version will forever by the best Beauty and the Beast, imo. Its ahead of its time.