Review The Missing Episodes

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
It seems that the newly animated episode to be shown was listed on the BFI website as.......

Episode 2 of THE MACRA TERROR

https://www.imdforums.com/threads/the-macra-terror-1967.3653/

Somewhat spookily it is the exact same episode that this week's "Telesnap Tuesday: Ben's Betrayal" came from, just a few posts back!

Here is the episode in question as a recon.......

In addition, the same story has suddenly popped up on Amazon.com as a dvd sale.......

https://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-The-Macra-Terror/dp/B07GVZH62C

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Some people have crossed wires and are assuming that the real episode has been found, but I think it safer to assume that it really is an animation.... I think.

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
I'd love to see the Pom Pom girls from the first episode of the Macra Terror! Although I'd love to see the whole thing and se if it is the earliest memory I have of the show from the sixties!
JB

johnnybear

Would be a marvellous Christmas present if it has been found wouldn't it!!! But you know it hasn't, and even if it has, Morris is going to sit on the bloody thing for another decade or more anyway!
JB

Doctor Omega

Yes, part of me just cannot help thinking that this "new animation" is actually a cover story - and that they are going to spring the real episode on the audience.

But that's one of the perils of the MISSING EPISODE saga: My wanting to believe so badly that it leads to constant disappointment.

Doctor Omega

Animation revealed....

https://www.bfi.org.uk/sites/bfi.or...ed-wiped-25th-birthday-bonanza-2018-11-05.pdf

Alongside this we are thrilled to announce the premiere of a brand new 10 minute animated Doctor Who mini-episode based on the now lost first part of the 1968 Doctor Who story, 'The Wheel in Space', starring Patrick Troughton as the Doctor and Frazer Hines as Jamie. This newly announced mini-episode, produced by Charles Norton and directed by Anne Marie Walsh who will introduce the BFI Southbank screening, will be included on a future BBC DVD release next year.

Last edited:

johnnybear

I'm so fed up with Morris and his procrastinating where missing episodes are to be honest! why can't the idiot just say he has some or he hasn't? Why do we have to linger on five years later with absolutely no frigging hope and the smarmy git just keeps smiling!
JB

Doctor Omega

I honestly think it's an ego thing.

The minute he hands everything over he has to go back to pretty much being an ordinary civilian on an oil rig.

At the moment he gets to dress up in stupid Indiana Jones outfits on tv interview shows, keep conventions enthralled and watch as his every tweet is analysed by his "followers" on forums.

I guess that's hard for him to give up, but it also runs the risk of him pretending he has something until the day he dies, even if he has handed everything over, just to keep his fifteen minutes of fame going.

I think if he hands just one or two over soon then he is taking the piss and holding back more (which will be infuriating for us), but if he hands a large assortment over, I am going to assume that that is actually everything finally back where it should be - even if he doesn't actually admit that it is.

Either way I am fed up of the man.

Last edited:

Doctor Omega

Here again is what Charles Norton said on Roobarbs yesterday:
Just to try and stop people speculating needlessly here, this project is exactly as described in that BFI/BBC press release. And nothing more. Please take that press-release at face-value. This is not a tease of anything other than a single standalone 10 minute mini-episode, made specifically for the BFI to show at their Missing Believed Wiped screening. As the press-release states, this is a one-off ten minute piece. The content will probably be included as a special feature on a future DVD and/or BluRay at some point. However, it is not part of any larger project to animate the rest of 'The Wheel in Space'. And we haven't found any of the lost episodes either. It's just a one-off featurette - exactly as outlined in that press release. And nothing more.

Additionally, just to clarify, although I have been across this project, the principal producer has been Rob Ritchie (and not me, as the press release asserts). And as the release states, it is directed by AnneMarie Walsh, whose work some of you will have seen in other Doctor Who animated productions. I hope those attending the screening enjoy their work on this new project.

And on GB:

With a growing feeling that I'm going to regret ever saying anything at all here, I can reassure you that the BFI's press-release is honestly not trying to mislead anyone. Not everything has to be an elaborately staged conspiracy. And at the risk of suggesting anyone keep a sense of proportion, we are only talking about a Doctor Who cartoon here. I'm not working for Mossad.

Doctor Omega

What a complete waste of time.

I don't want a one-off, standalone, 10 minute animation based on episode 1 of THE WHEEL IN SPACE.

If they are going to do it, animate the full episode.

This is just pointless and ... well, just pointless.

Doctor Omega

Yes, that baffles me too.

What the heck is going on?

I know WHEEL is rumoured to be that Britbox recon.

But I don't know what to believe anymore, JB. :emoji_confused:

johnnybear

I'm so fed up with this situation! We can't moan if he hasn't found anything but it's his refusal to answer simple questions about it that annoys me! If he's found something then just say yes, if not then say no! It's simple, but he seems to enjoy keeping us dangling like a Carp in a lake!
JB

Doctor Omega

I also blame the BBC, JB. All they had to do was send a small team of official investigators out when those four episodes of TOMB were returned in 1992, to search as many stations as possible, but they missed their chance - and I think it's probably that episodes out there have been junked since - and thus it was left to shifty individuals such as Morris to go there instead, grab what was left of these things, then hold the Beeb to ransom before he hands them over, while glorying in his quasi-celebrity. But, as I say, they brought it on themselves, and consequently on us.

johnnybear

To be honest I hate the BBC and always have! They're an outdated concept who fleece their viewers year in and year out! They should be privatised! Drop the license and make them work for their living! The tories complain about the BBC every other day and yet don't do much to reduce their powers although I hear it is harder for them to prosecute people these days than it's ever been!
JB