Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Reverse the Polarity - a day in the life of Jon Pertwee

Back in 1992, Liam Rudden and I spent a day interviewing and filming Jon Pertwee (the third doctor) while he visited Edinburgh to promote the VHS release of 'Doctor Who: The Pertwee Years.' In 1999 we recorded some tributes and memories from fans and colleague Richard Franklin (who played Mike Yates during Jon's tenure as the doctor). We added these tributes to the 1992 footage that shows Jon at work (and relaxing behind the scenes). After dusting off the old mini DV master tape we've popped our documentary - Reverse the Polarity - online for fans of Jon Pertwee (and classic Doctor Who) to enjoy.

johnnybear

Member: Rank 6
Per-Twee? Per-Twee? Surely it's Pert-Wee? Yes it's Pert-Wee as the commentator says! and who the hell is Patrick Traughton? Traw-Ton!!! Now she's saying Pert-Wee!!! Who is this woman?
JB

Doctor Omega

The American documentaries in the eighties that used to regularly say "Dahhk-terr Who!" was one thing. Now along comes this lady with "Per-Twee" and "Traw-ton"! :emoji_confused:

Doctor Omega

TGg7IMz.png

Here we go again....

SEASON 10:

The Three Doctors
Carnival of Monsters
Frontier in Space
Planet of the Daleks
The Green Death

johnnybear

I hope Jon Pertwee and Katy Manning didn't spill orange juice on John Levene's chequered jacket? I mean you know he relishes his clothes! I saw a pic on FB yesterday with a guy I've met who goes around the country dressed as Jon Pertwee with John Levene, dressed in his best Benton army gear and his hair seemed to be coming off of his head!!! It was thinning right out and perhaps didn't want to be around for the next time a fan knocks a drink onto Levene? :emoji_grin:
Does anyone know the full story on that accident? all I've ever heard was that he bawled out a lady who spilled orange juice on his smart new jacket in front of her family and other fans!!! :emoji_astonished:
JB

Doctor Omega

Last edited:

johnnybear

I only got to see Colin Baker in The Greatest Adventure in Northampton! Missed the Pert by a few months...
JB