Review The Silurians (1970)

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
A good story, but seven episodes is a bit too long in my opinion, a fault of the next two stories too, although INFERNO just about gets away with it.

Gavin

Member: Rank 6
VIP
A good story, but seven episodes is a bit too long in my opinion, a fault of the next two stories too, although INFERNO just about gets away with it.
Very few stories can fill out 7 (or even 6) episodes well, but I never had a problem with this one. Sure there's some filler in there but it all works for me.

Doctor Omega

"The Hungry Earth" is the eighth episode in the fifth series of British science fiction television series Doctor Who, which was first broadcast on 22 May 2010 on BBC One. It was written by Chris Chibnall, who had previously written for Doctor Who and its spin-off series, Torchwood. It is the first episode of a two-part story, the second episode being "Cold Blood", and features the return of the Silurians, a reptile-like humanoid race last seen in 1984's Warriors of the Deep.

Doctor Omega

I enjoyed this at the time.....

The TARDIS starts decaying in mid-flight, crash-landing on Earth. When the Doctor and his companion, Ace, are almost killed by a herd of dinosaurs, he feels certain they have arrived in the Jurassic Era. But then they find a woman being hunted, the Doctor suspects that something is very wrong.

s-l1600.jpg