Fun Your Favourite Films?

filmfan95

Member: Rank 3
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2. The first one was hilarious. The sequel sucked.

Insurgent. Divergent was a great movie based off a great book. The sequel, Insurgent, even though I hadn't read the book, I could tell that the whole "special box" thing was contrived, and my brother (who did read the book) confirmed to me later that it was fabricated for the movie. Just horrible.

Most of the direct-to-video Disney sequels.

Hux

Member: Rank 6
The VVitch.

Excellent and containing some of the most amazing acting performances I've seen in a very long time (especially those creepy twins). I know a lot of young 'uns saw it expecting the regular carousel of tedious jumps scares and teenage idiocy, and were disappointed when that's not what they were given (hence the low IMDb rating) but this was a really fantastic film. Not perfect but extremely good for a first time director.

7.5/10

Carol

Member: Rank 5
Does Beetlejuice count?
Damn, yes! The dudes in that waiting room could give anyone the heebie-jeebies. And, oh, yes - EVERYTHNG ELSE! Great film - when you don't know whether to cackle or to gibber and do both - good choice!

Anyone like to comment whether Sexy Beast counts? Found myself watching it at a family reunion over the weekend - horrific, but all the monsters were human...thoughts?

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10
Pick one as your favourite and explain why you chose it...

And just why do they keep remaking this thing anyway?

1956:

1978:

1993:

2007:

Hux

Member: Rank 6
First one was great but the follow ups were bloated nonsense (best exemplified by the architect's idiotic verbosity).

I still think Cypher going into the matrix to strike a deal with agent Smith is a major plot hole. The film establishes that you can't go in without someone supervising yet discards this for the sake of moving the plot on.

Alex Vojacek

Administrator
Staff member
VIP
The first one was a masterpiece. The second one had about the best action scenes ever seen on a movie. (Neo fighting Smith and the Freeway scene). The third one tried to replicate some of the first 2 and missed. It was a nice ending with Smith vs Neo final fight but it was the weakest of them all.

I consider them a superb trilogy even with the problems / plot holes.

Carol

Only saw the first - an epic experience, as I think I was the only female in the place, and the only one who hadn't seen it before. So I think I broke the bloke code many time by laughing at the jokes that only women get and the boyfriend actually verged on fisticuffs with the man in front who asked me (not too politely) to stop laughing.
Men:they want the coat
Women: we want to know why they are upside down on the ceiling without loosing all their spare ammo. And how Trinity wees.

Doctor Omega

Member: Rank 10

Recently revived as a television series, but let's not forget the original and it's often overlooked sequel.

I don't know whether we should try to forget the original tv spin off though?

And what do people think of the brand new series in comparison to these earlier efforts?

Westworld (1973)

Futureworld (1976)

Beyond Westworld tv Show (Quickly cancelled....)

Last edited:

Carol

Thanks for the like Doc - seriously, if a person ever came across a full trilogy day at some bonkers arthouse place - would you recommend it?
(Didn't say I don't like the first one - I think I was enjoying it in an alternative way to the rest of the crowd - embarassing)