redwax

Member: Rank 2
For me the winner is the raw egg scene in Napoleon Dynamite. I can't even think of it without literally gagging.

Also, any movie scene dealing with phlegm.

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5
Yikes! Five? Not fair.

My taste tends toward Horror-y, rather than Straight Up.

2004 - Spider Forest Director: Il-gon Song
2005 - Next Door Director: Pål Sletaune
2007 - [Rec] Director: Jaume Balagueró, Paco Plaza
2008 - Let the Right One In Director: Tomas Alfredson
2009 - Possessed Director: Yong-Joo Lee

sitenoise

Member: Rank 5
Let the Right One In is a modern classic! I absolutely love that film. I want to see the American remake, but kind of don't, because I get sick of American remakes, and I fail to see how it could be improved upon.
I'm not against remakes at all but put off seeing Let Me In because I loved the original so much I didn't think there was a reason to see it. But wow! It's is a good film too. Different, yes. Americanized, yep. It does a credible job holding down the fort in second place and does a few things better, a few more not as well. If horror is your genre of choice you should watch it.

Have you seen Next Door?

streak1981

Member: Rank 3
Let the Right One In is a modern classic! I absolutely love that film. I want to see the American remake, but kind of don't, because I get sick of American remakes, and I fail to see how it could be improved upon.
American remakes are always dumbed down crap compared to the originals. I haven't seen any decent horror flicks come out within the past ten-fifteen years because all of them turned out to be the same thing, over & over.

elanor

Member: Rank 3
I'm totally not into horror films, but I watch them from time to time. But probably those are the less scarier ones.

ordered as favourites (most often seen)
1. Aragami -Ryûhei Kitamura 2003
2. Dororo - Akihiko Shiota 2007
3. 2002 -Wilson Yip 2001
4. Pi - Darren Aronofsky 1998
5. Nosferatu - F.W. Murnau1922

6. Alien - Ridley Scott 1979
7. The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari - Robert Wiene 1920
8. Psycho - Alfred Hitchcock 1960
9. A Tale of Two Sisters - Kim Jee-woon2003
10. As the Gods Will - Takashi Miike2014

Comment: I liked Let the Right One In by Tomas Alfredson 2008, but not as much as others.