Fun A, B, C's Of Film Titles

chainsaw_metal1

Member: Rank 8
Batman (1989)

A young boy witnesses his parents being murdered, and is raised by a butler, who allows him to indulge in a revenge fantasy which leads to a form of self-harming and delusion where he dresses in a costume and fights criminals, side stepping the law and committing criminal acts of his own, instead of getting him into grief counseling.

ant-mac

Member: Rank 9
C - CATWOMAN (2004)

A famous actress who is well-known for playing a superhero decides to play a super...?

Hang on, what exactly is Catwoman again? :emoji_confused:

A super villain or Batman's wife?

chainsaw_metal1

F - Fantastic Four (2005)

It's better than Batman & Robin. That is, of course, sort of like saying that a normal bowel movement is more enjoyable than one after eating an entire bag of peanuts.

ant-mac

It's better than Batman & Robin. That is, of course, sort of like saying that a normal bowel movement is more enjoyable than one after eating an entire bag of peanuts.
Many years ago, when I was still a teenager, I had a bowel movement after I ate nearly a kilogram of cashew nuts that I received as a Christmas present. It changed my life completely, but I eventually adapted to life sitting on the toilet.

G - THE GREEN HORNET (2011)

Hmm... I'm sure I can come up with a better superhero film than this that starts with G...

G - GREEN LANTERN (2011)

Hmm... I stand corrected. :emoji_disappointed:

chainsaw_metal1

H - House Of Usher (1960)

Vincent Price was one of the last of the gentleman horror actors. He could be in any movie, no matter how good or bad, and it immediately became 300% better due to his performance. The man could have released album of himself reading phone books, and they would have become classics.

But yeah, pretty good movie.

chainsaw_metal1

L - Like Father Like Son (1987)

Before he became a vessel of hatred and bigotry (and batshit insanity), Kirk Cameron tried acting.

Tried.

Dudley Moore is quite good in this, as is Samwise Gamgee.

ant-mac

M - M (1931)

It may look like I'm not really trying, but looks can be deceiving...

Just not on this occasion. :emoji_wink:

chainsaw_metal1

N - Nosferatu (1921)

If there was a "Chainsaw's Top 25 Films You Have To See Or I'll Hunt You Down, Kill You And Wear Your Skin As A Suit", this would be on it.

Not that I would....ever do that?

ant-mac

If there was a "Chainsaw's Top 25 Films You Have To See Or I'll Hunt You Down, Kill You And Wear Your Skin As A Suit", this would be on it.

Not that I would....ever do that?
"It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told."

O - THE OMEN (1976)

He's not the Antichrist... He's just a naughty little boy. :emoji_wink:

chainsaw_metal1

P - Paranorman (2012)

Young boy is the only one who can see ghosts, and becomes the only hope for his town when they are overrun with zombies. Not bad for family-friendly horror fare.

ant-mac

Young boy is the only one who can see ghosts, and becomes the only hope for his town when they are overrun with zombies. Not bad for family-friendly horror fare.
What is it about little boys who keep seeing dead people? :emoji_confused:

Q - Q PLANES (1939)

The story of how John de Lancie got his licence to fly a plane.

chainsaw_metal1

R - Red Dawn (1984)

80s schlock about a group of small town militant citizens who fight off an invasion of Russian soldiers. These days, our politicians just invite them in.

ant-mac

80s schlock about a group of small town militant citizens who fight off an invasion of Russian soldiers. These days, our politicians just invite them in.
It might be 80s schlock, but it still beats most modern schlock. If I remember correctly, it was uncomfortably grim and gritty.

S - THE SILENCE OF THE LAMBS (1990)

The story of a misunderstood chef, who helps to find a misunderstood tailor.

duzit

Member: Rank 6
T ~ TAKE SHELTER (2011)

Chronicles a man's descent into madness. He fears an apocalyptic cloud he believes will engulf his town, and builds a storm shelter in his yard.